Hello Nurse, Meet Kevin Jonas

The Sweeter side of Joe

Chapter 3: The Sweeter side of Joe

Kylee grabbed the chart for the last patient on her rounds. Kylee red her stats, Missy Smith, 10 years old, tests show partial break in lower fibula in her left leg. No allergies, medication ordered by physician, 400 mg Ibuprofen as needed for pain.

Kylee’s job would be to put the final protective cover over her plaster cast and to teach her how to use her crutches.

Kylee pulled the curtain back from around her bed to reveal a beautiful sniffling blond headed blue eyed little girl, “Hi sweetie, my name is nurse Kylee and I’m gonna put your cover over your cast for you,” Kylee said as she pulled her supplies out of a supply drawer.

“What color would you like?” Kylee asked as she held the choices out for Missy to see.

“P-pink,” Missy said

As Kylee set about covering the cast she noticed the shirt the girl had on. It was a Jonas Brother t-shirt. She couldn’t help the laugh that escaped her lips.

“I see you’re a Jonas Brother fan, who’s your favorite?” Kylee asked.

Missy nodded her head vigorously, “uhhuh, I was waiting in line for their concert when I got pushed and got hurt, and Nick is my favorite. Do you like them?”

“I love the Jonas Brothers, what your favorite song?” Kylee asked.

“Love Bug, what’s yours?” Miss asked enthusiastically.

“Hmm, I think I would have to go with Please Be Mine.” Kylee added thoughtfully.

“Who’s your favorite?” Missy asked.

Kylee leaned closer and began to whisper, “Between you and me, it’s Kevin.”

Missy giggled, “He’s the cute romantic one.”

Kylee laughed as she finished up with the pink cover, “I know. So you were at the concert venue when you got hurt, are you going to their concert tonight?”

Missy’s eyes filled with tears as her mom stepped forward, “My Husband and I don’t think it’s a very good idea for her to go to the concert with a broken leg.”

Kylee stood up as an idea formed in her mind, she smiled, “ Okay Missy, well you’re all set here so I’m gonna go grab your crutches and then your mom can take you home alright.”

Missy nodded as Kylee pulled the curtain closed and left.

Kylee practically skipped to Kevin’s room. She knocked on the door and opened it when she heard someone call come in.

As she opened the door Kevin look up and smiled.

“Back so soon?” he asked.

Joe scoffed, “Well of course she’s back; I mean with me here you couldn’t possibly expect her to stay away could you?” He joked.

Kylee rolled her eyes, “Actually I have a favor to ask.”

“Oh?” Kevin asked.

“Yeah, I was kind of wondering if I could give my pass to someone else.” She asked.

Kevin looked shocked, ‘What, Why don’t you want to come to the concert?”

Kylee sighed, ‘Yes, I really do; it’s just I have this patient, she’s ten and she is totally in love with you guys. She got pushed waiting in line for your concert over at the venue and she ended up breaking her leg because of it. Now her parents don’t want her going because of her cast and I figured if I gave her my pass and set her up with a wheel chair, her parents couldn’t object. I mean no one would bother her backstage right?”

Kevin laughed, “Oh is that all? Well if that’s the case I think we can spare a few extra passes as well as letting you keep yours. I mean after all in a way it was kind of our fault. She was in line for out concert when she got hurt, so it’s the least we can do.”

“Really?” She asked in wonder.

“Yeah in fact since Kevin here is stuck in this bed, why don’t you show Nick and I where she is so we can tell her the good news ourselves.” Joe said as he stood up.

Kylee looked up at Joe in shock, “You would do that for her?”

Nick laughed as he stood up as well, “Well of course; we love our fans and this little girl sounds like she’s in serious need of some cheering up.”

“Lead the way,” Joe said as he motioned for Kylee to head out the door.

As they were headed towards Missy’s bed in the E.R. they passed the gift shop which caused Joe to stop in his tracks.

He stared down at the teddy bear in the window, “He you guys hold up, I got and idea,” he said as he headed into the shop.

Nick just shook his head and turned to Kylee, “Just to let you know, most of the time his ideas aren’t the best.”

Joe came out of the shop sporting a medium sized pink teddy bear. Upon seeing Kylee and Nick’s looks he shrugged, “What, I figured we owed her a little something.”

Kylee smiled up at him, “Joe Jonas that has to be one of the absolute sweetest things I have ever seen. You are gonna make her day, you know that right?”

Joe just blushed in response.

As they reached the area where Missy’s bed was Kylee held a finger to her lips signaling for the boys to be quiet while she pulled the curtain back slightly and entered.

“Hey Missy, I got your crutches for you, but before I teach you how to use them, I have some friends who are dying to meet you. Would it be okay if I invited them in?” Kylee asked as she sat the crutches by Missy’s bed.

“Sure,” Missy replied with a shrug.

As Kylee pulled the curtain back to reveal Joe and Nick, Missy stared in shock.

“Oh-oh my, you’re the-the Joe and Ni-Nick Jonas,” She stuttered.

Joe smiled as he handed her the teddy bear, “A little birdie told me you got hurt waiting in line for our concert, is that true?” He asked.

Missy nodded in response.

“Well we’re real sorry to hear that, but if it makes you feel any better I really like your cast; pink was a good choice” Nick said as he stepped closer to the bed.

“Th-thanks, would you like to be the first to sign it?” Missy asked with a blush.

“It would be an honor,” Nick said as he pulled a min sharpie out of his pocket.

Kylee stared in shock. How he fit that thing in the pocket of those jeans was a mystery unto itself.

As Nick leaned down to sign her cast Joe quietly asked Missy’s Mom about the concert.

As Nick finished signing it Joe took his turn at it. When he finished he sat on the stool by Missy’s bed, “So Missy, I hear your mom doesn’t think it’s a great idea for you to come to our concert because of your cast, and I happen to agree with her. It might be painful if one of those girls happened to bump you to hard,”

Upon seeing the tears in her eyes he added, “ But I happen to have two backstage passes lying about and since Nurse Kylee here is gonna be all by herself backstage tonight I was wondering if you and your mom would do me a favor and keep her company for us. What do you say, will you help me out.”

Missy looked up at her mom in hope. Upon seeing her mom nod Missy squealed and threw her arms around Joe’s neck, “Yes, oh my gosh, thank you, thank you, thank you!”

As the boys continued to chat with Missy, Kylee silently headed back to Kevin’s room.

As she reached his door she noticed his chart was back on it meaning that the doctor had checked up on him once more. She grabbed the chart and read threw it. What she saw made her smile.

She knocked on the door and entered.

Kevin looked up from the TV and smiled, “How’d it go,” He asked.

Kylee smiled, “Great, you’re brother’s are amazing with her.”

Kevin nodded, Yeah, so don’t keep me waiting. What did the doctor say, am I free to go?” He asked.

Kylee nodded, “Yep your numbers are excellent and as long as you make sure to drink plenty of fluids before and after the concert you should be fine,” She said as washed her hands.

Kylee grabbed some bandages and pulled the stool up beside Kevin, “All I got to do is pull this thing out, and then you are free to go.”

Kevin watched in wonder as she began to unhook the IV. As she began to pull the catheter he winced.

Upon noticing this Kylee began to apologize as she continued to bandage him up, ‘Sorry about that. I know it doesn’t feel the greatest.”

Kevin shrugged, “No big deal, it looked worse than it felt. This isn’t going to affect me playing the guitar tonight is it?”

After finishing the bandage Kylee continued to hold his hand to apply pressure to the area, “As long as your careful and don’t bump it to hard against anything you should be okay.”

Kevin nodded as he glanced down at his hand in hers, he smiled, “Why Nurse Kylee are you trying to hold my hand?” He teased.

Kylee blushed as she let go of his hand, “No I was trying to keep pressure on the site so it wouldn’t bleed, and dang I’m blushing aren’t I?” She asked as she fanned herself a little.

“That inner fan girl is getting really hard to control, isn’t it?” He asked.

Kylee nodded.

Kevin smirked, “I’m glad to know I have that kind of effect on you.”

Kylee blushed even more, ‘Umm so yeah, uhh maybe we should head over to see Missy now.”

Kevin laughed as he hopped of the bed, “After you,” He said as he placed his hand on the small of her back and pushed her forward slightly.

As Kylee led Kevin towards Missy’s bed she had one thought on her mind.

If Kevin has this kind of effect on her now, what in the world was she gonna do at the concert?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so the doctors order at the begining of the chapter should have actually said 400mg ibuprofen P.O. P.R.N. but I didn't want to get to technical becasue all it really means is to take 2 motrin by mouth for pain as needed...

anyways, i wasn't to crazy about this chapter, it's more filer than anything... comments, thoughts? feedback? I appreciate it all... Oh and what did you think of the new banner?? A very lovely reviewer made it for me!! I love banners so if you want to make me one for this story I would deeply appreciate it!!!