Hello Nurse, Meet Kevin Jonas

The Diner

Kylee smiled and waved as she watched Missy and her mom leave from the back entrance. The concert had ended awhile ago and they had all had an amazing time, Missy especially seeing as Joe decided to wheel her on stage at one point. She had looked absolutely adorable on that stage as she beamed up at him while clinging tightly to her teddy bear he had given her.

Kylee herself had some pretty amazing moments too. For instance you have not lived until you have had Kevin Jonas wink at you while rocking out on the guitar. Or at least that was Kylee’s opinion. She had blushed like crazy ever time he did because she knew he had witnessed the crazy fan girl she had become while they preformed.

As Kylee stood awkwardly at the back entrance waiting for Kevin she decided to check her messages once more. Finding a message from her mother she decided to give her a call. As the phone began reading she felt a tap on her shoulder, she turned around to find Kevin’s smiling face.

Hanging her phone up she smiled, “Hey, you finished?”

“Yeah, sorry for taking so long; I had to grab a shower.” Kevin said as he held the door open for her.

Kylee blushed as he fell into step with her, “Oh no problem, I was just saying goodbye to Missy and her mother anyways.”

Kevin tucked his hands into his pockets the best he could, “So, what did you think?”

Kylee laughed, “Kevin, it was amazing! The passion you and your brothers have when you are on stage, nothing compares to it. I mean of course I love your CD’s but those just don’t compare to the real thing, it’s just; well, wow.” Kylee blushed as she realized that she had been rambling.

Kevin smiled, “well I’m glad you liked it, by the way your and amazing dancer.”

Kylee laughed, “Oh you saw that did you? What can I say the inner fan girl refused to be ignored.”

Kevin laughed as he opened the car door for her and held out a hand to help her in.

Kylee smiled nervously as she took his hand and climbed in. once Kevin joined her in the SUV things began to get slightly awkward.

“So, where would you like to go?” Kevin asked as he started the car.

“Well, it’s kind of late so any of the good restaurants are closed but there is this little twenty four hour diner across from my apartment building that’s pretty good.” Kylee stated as Kevin began to back out.

Kevin put the car in drive,” That sounds fine; you live in the building behind the hospital right?”

Kylee nodded.

As they stopped at a red light Kevin tapped his fingers on the steering wheel and sighed, “So are you as nervous as I am?”

Kylee laughed, “I am beyond nervous, why are you nervous?”

“Just because I’m famous doesn’t mean I don’t get nervous around beautiful girls,” Kevin replied.

Kylee couldn’t believe it, he thought she was beautiful? Wow.

Noticing the diner up ahead she sighed in relief, “There’s the diner just a head on the right,” She really hoped that she could loosen up a bit once they were inside.

Kylee blushed lightly as Kevin opened her door and held out his hand once more; she blushed even brighter when he didn’t release her hand after helping her out of the vehicle.

Once they were seated Kevin looked around the empty diner, “Nice crowd.”

Kylee laughed, “You’d be surprised, it’s actually really hard to get a seat in this place during the lunch rush.”

“So what’s good here?” Kevin asked as he glanced at the menu.

“Well it really depends what you like. My personal favorites are the bacon cheeseburger and the club sandwich, with the curly fries of course; those are the best.” Kylee replied as she sat her menu aside.

“Is the coffee any good?” Kevin asked.

“Surprisingly yes, you know when I first moved here I was hesitant to try it because good coffee is hard to come by, but this place has some of the best.”

Just then a tired looking waitress walked to the table, “What can I get for you today dolls?”

“I’ll have the bacon cheeseburger and curly fries with a diet coke.” Kylee answered.

“And I’ll have the same but with a glass of water and a cup of coffee if you don’t mind,” Kevin added as he handed her the menus.

“Sure thing sugar, your order will be up in a minute.” The waitress stated as she took the menus and walked away.

XXXX

Kevin smiled as he watched Kylee laugh beside him. He had just finished telling her a particularly funny story about his brothers and he couldn’t help but watch her. He found her to be a truly beautiful person, both inside and out.

Their dinner had gone amazing, once the waitress had brought them their food any trace of Kylee’s nervousness disappeared and conversation just seemed to flow. They had talked about anything and everything from family to work to some pretty off the wall things such as false teeth.

Don’t ask, it involved the cashier, gum and well that’s all that really needs to be said.

After paying the bill Kevin followed Kylee outside. He glanced at his watch noticing that it was one in the morning yet he wasn’t remotely tired and didn’t want the date to end anytime soon.

Catching Kylee’s hand he tugged it to get her attention, “Would you like to take a walk?”

Kylee smiled, “I would love too.”

“Where to?” Kevin asked as he entwined his fingers with hers.

“The river walk is always beautiful at night; it’s about a block that way.” Kylee said as she motioned to the left.

As they began walking Kevin playfully bumped Kylee causing her to giggle, “So how about we play a little game?”

“Such as?” Kylee questioned

“Twenty questions.”

Kylee smiled, “Sounds like fun; who goes first?”

“Well as they say, ladies first,” Kevin replied.

“Okay, hmm, so what’s something that you truly hate?”

Kevin scoffed, “That’s an easy one, fruit. I absolutely hate fruit.”

Kylee laughed, “Seriously, I thought that was just something your fans made up. Why do you hate it?”

“I don’t know it’s just gross; so how about you? What’s something you hate?” Kevin asked.

Kylee thought about it for a minute, “Hmm, I would have to say bananas and pens.”

Kevin laughed, “Okay, bananas I get but pens? Why do you hate pens?”

Kylee joined him in laughter, “Their messy and I can never seem to write with one without getting ink everywhere, I much prefer pencils. Okay so that puts us a two apiece. Out of all of the places and events you and your brothers have played, what was your favorite?”

“Madison Square Garden, with out a doubt; do you prefer flowers or candy?” Kevin asked.

Coming upon a bench facing the river they sat down. Kylee turned a bit so she could face Kevin before answering, “Flowers, I actually hate chocolate. Who’s easier to get along with, Joe or Nick?”

As Kylee shivered Kevin put his arm around her, “Nick, do you believe in happily ever after?”

Kylee smiled as she leaned her head on his shoulder, “I believe in it, I just haven’t found it yet; what about you?”

Kevin began tracing circles on her arm, “I do; Do you believe in kissing on the first date?”

Kylee sat up and looked at Kevin, “I-I, yes, I do. Why?”

Kevin smiled as he brought his face closer to hers, “Because then that means I can do this,” he stated as he closed the distance between them brushing his lips with hers.

He brought his hand up to lightly brush her cheek as he deepened the kiss; he felt her hands grab the front of his jacket pulling him closer. Slowly he pulled back from the kiss and brushed his thumb across her lightly swollen lips.

Kevin smiled to himself as Kylee laid her head on his shoulder once again; he now knew that he was right in what he told Joe earlier, there was potential between him and Kylee, now he just had to figure out how to make it happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am soo sorry for taking so long to post this, but life has been crazy!!! I hope you liked it! It's a little different but I wanted to capture the awkwardness of a first date... so what do you think? as always comments are appreciated!!