Wishes Washed Away

fourteen.

And so the countdown begins: two days left of Vegas, and I'll be home. Well, not really home...I'll be back on the set finishing the movie. I'll be able to wear my brown/blue silk chiffon dress to my welcome back party, and the next time I come back to Vegas, I'll be purchasing nice designer clothes. I'll be stashing more hard cash into my bags.

Well, I won't be purchasing a whole new wardrobe, but I'll be purchasing things to replace the soiled regalia Raquel returned to my closet. I'll be watching Cirque du Soleil, playing poker and blackjack, drinking martinis, and kicking it back Casino Royale style. I'll make tons of people jealous of my real Gucci purses and my actual Chanel sunglasses. Money makes some people power hungry.

Money makes me feel better about myself.

I vow that I'll never again eat a cheap lunch at the Luxor buffet or tour the Bellagio without a wallet. But I will be careful with my money, I think. If not, that's what ATMs are for. I'll change my pin once I get home, so Tony can't hold it from me.

At Brendon's house, we sit together on the sofa and watch House reruns. Unfortunately, we have nothing better to do except sit in Brendon's air conditioned living room and watch television. We tried playing a board game last night, Monopoly, but it didn't end well. When I won the first round, he asked for a rematch. When I won the second round, he childishly pouted and went upstairs to go to bed. He didn't talk to me this morning until I pretended to admit that I had cheated.

Talk about a walking man-child.

"You know, I expected to live out here in luxury. Sitting out in a jacuzzi, drinking lots of expensive booze, eating gourmet meals...but all of my wishes have been washed away by the Vegas heat waves." Brendon turns to me. "I'm a little upset I didn't get to spend my money where I wanted it to go."

"That's what happens when someone withholds your account. You can't access it." His eyes are glued to the television again. "Hold up. I really have to watch this." This is the part where Chase and Cameron attempt to have sex in a closet. Of course, House opens the door on them just in time.

"I'm sure you're very disappointed." I run my fingers through my dark brown hair and check my nails. The chipped maroon really isn't working out for me. I start upstairs, and Brennie jumps up from the couch.

"Where are you going? You can keep talking to me now!" The credits are rolling; now he notices something's wrong.

"Whatever." I pull out the nail polish remover and wonder what color would best suit my sundress. Fire-engine red, or Goldenrod? I unzip my case of nail polish and stare at the amount of possibilities. I could have a Goldenrod base and draw simple red flowers on them, vice versa, or maybe a clear coating with...

Brennie knocks on the door roughly, and then turns the doorknob. "I really don't like it when you say one thing and you do another. Can't you make up your mind?"

Men really pay attention when you get mad at them.

I choose the Goldenrod base coat. "It would be really fantastic if you listened the first time. I'm not the type of girl who repeats herself." First I start with my left thumb...

"Okay, I'm really sorry, but it's a House marathon! I'm out touring for more than half the year, so watching what I want to watch on television doesn't happen that often. Usually, we're playing video games or playing blackjack."

"Like I said: I'm not the type of girl who repeats herself." Next, the index finger...

"Okay, okay. So, I'm sorry Tony cut off your money. But what can I do about that?" He folds his arms against his chest, his dark eyebrows furrowed. "What do you expect out of me?"

"Nothing, really." I whip out my sidekick and check my emails before starting on my middle finger:

Two more days until you come back. We're counting down. Raquel says she's never been more excited in her life; her new boyfriend will be at the party. He seems decent, but I'm not one to judge. There are still a lot of things to film when you come back. Thank goodness we have so much time to finish.

Anyway, mobs of people are awaiting your return. Your online fan club is unhappy about your "cheating" on me with some singer in Vegas. You should probably read the things your fans have said about you.

-E


An online fan club? They have one of those for everyone. I'm sure even Brennie has one. "There's no use in fighting. I want to leave on a good note; after all, only two days left." Two days left until I get out of this shitty little dump Brennie calls home.

"...Are you excited?" He raises his eyebrows in expectation.

I could say yes, but then again, I could say no.

"I don't know. I guess this was fun, but I miss--"

"You miss people hanging onto your every word," Brennie finishes, sighing. "I'm going back downstairs to finish watching House." He trudges out of the room, shutting the door behind him. Is he really upset?

Give me pouting.

Flash.

Give me frowning.

Flash.

Give me "I think I'll miss Vegas".

Flash.