The Sound of a Ghost

What are you still doing here, then?

Image

I walked down the side-walk to the lovely San Diego venue that our tour would be ending at. I sighed and gazed at the lovely outdoor stage in the Village Green. I saw so many shows here, not to mention Tony's former band, and it was still so surreal to be playing there with all of my friends. Suddenly two arms wrapped around my shoulders. I looked to the sides of me. Nick and Mike.

"Um. Hello." I said warily.

"'Ello." Nick stated. Still staring ahead and walking with me. Suddenly Mike's grip on my shoulder tightened and steered me into a shadowed area, that for some reason, already had a chair sitting in it. I gasped as the shoved me into the chair.

"Guys, what the he-"

"Why haven't you agreed to tour yet?!" Mike exclaimed.

"We only said you could make the decision because we already throught that you and Hi-me would be bumping uglies by now!" Nick shouted. My jaw dropped and I tried to stand up.

"Excuse me, who th-" but Mike shoved me back down onto the chair.

"No. You're going to tell me what you're shit is RIGHT NOW! I demand it upon the best friends code!" Mike accentuated his rant by pointing at the ground and stomping his foot.

"We don't have a best friend code..." I trailed off.

"Well I'm starting one! Now spill!" Mike demanded.

"You guys seemed really cozy earlier! What happened?" Nick asked. I sighed.

"Well he kissed me-"

"Yes! I told you!" Mike exclaimed, pumping his fist in the air.

"-and then he said he 'liked' me. Again." Mike stared at me blankly.

"Is that bad?"

"It's not enough though." Nick murmered. I looked at him.

"I think this is the first time I'm glad you're a psych guy." I said. Nick smiled at me.

"So he needs to say he loves you?" Mike added.

"Yeah. I mean, I love him, but him just being attracted to me is not enough! I know I sound stupid, but come on! Why hasn't he said it?! It's 3 words!" I exclaimed and then collapsed down into the chair, completely winded. Mike and Nick shared a look.

"Alright, Kai. We'll see you at the show." They both said and then dashed away from me.

My friends are completely insane.

*******

3rd Person POV

Mike and Nick sprinted to the bus, skidded to a stop, wrenched open the door, and jumped up the stairs in one leap. Well, Mike did anyway, Nick's legs are a little short.

"Jaime-fucking-Preciado!" Nick shouted. Tony and Vic jumped and Jaime's head stuck out of his curtained bunk.

"What?" He grumbled. He had been in this state for days. He had left his bunk only to get food, which he took back to his bunk, and to play shows. They all knew WHY he was such a wreck, but they didn't know how to figure it out. Except for Mike and Nick now.

"You're fucking miserable, mate." Nick stated matter-of-factly.

"Thanks for the clue in, Watson." Jaime grumbled and then withdrew back into his bunk. Mike stepped foreward and ripped open the curtain.

"And just WHY are you miserable?" Mike demanded.

"Why are you doi-?" Jaime started.

"WHY?!"

"Because of Kailyn, alright?!" Jaime shouted standing up abruptly.

"My sister Kailyn?" Tony asked from his seat on the couch. Jaime glared at him.

"YES! Kailyn-fucking-Perry!" Jaime shouted, "She's driving me crazy! I don't understand why she's all for it and then can just turn away and reject me without so much as an excuse to WHY!" Jaime shouted, throwing his arms up in the air.

"Do you love her?" Nick asked. Jaime turned to him.

"What? Of course I do!"

"Did you tell her that?" Mike inquired. Jaime looked at him oddly.

"Of course I did! I mean, I'm sure I mentioned it! I mean, she should know!"

"But you haven't said it, have you?" Vic whispered from the front of the bus. The silence had hung so heavily after Jaime's outburst that it rang clearly through the bus. Jaime sank onto the opposite side of the bus and cradled his head in his hands.

"No."He murmered in shock.

"What the hell are you still doin' here, then, mate?" Jaime looked up at Nick and slow grin spread his lips. He grabbed his sunglasses and then shot off the bus.

*********

Kailyn's PoV

I was supervising the set up for the show and talking to fans who got there early. I love home shows.

"It's an Epiphone 4 string. Pretty sin't it? I got it about a year ago for my birthday." I answered a question from the little group of 15 ish year old girls that had clustered around me that I recognized from previous San Diego shows.

"Blue's a random color. Pretty sweet though." One of them interjected.

"Haha, thanks. Oh hold on, hey, can you put that amp about 3 feet to the right. I always trip over the chord." I shouted to the guy messing with the amps. He nodded and gave me a two finger wave before pushing the amp over.

"Thanks!" I shouted and thenn I turned back to the group of girls.

"So you guys sticking around for- what?" I paused as I noticed their faces light up even more.

"You know this is where we met." I froze at the voice behind me and turned around. Jaime was walking over to me in jeans, a Mayday Parade tshirt, and a ridiculous bandana around his neck. Not to mention a huge smile spreading his lips, and not that stupid coy smirk. His music smile. Directed at me.

"He's so hot! Are you dating?" One of the girls stage whispered to me.

"God, Lucky." One of the others added. I flicked back to the girls.

"Wha-?" And then back at Jaime when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into him.

"What're you-" And then he smashed his lips against mine, kissing me through the smile and then pulling back, still grinning.

"There are people here" I hissed, my eyes darting back to the group of girls who were watching us with wide eyes.

"I don't care!" Jaime laughed. "I don't care, I don't care, I don't CARE, Kailyn!" I was so confused. I furrowed my eyebrows at him. He sighed.

"Fine!" He turned back to the group. "Can I steal her for a moment?" He asked the girls. One of them jumped and started pushing the other two girls away.

"Absolutely! Let's go, guys!" She said with a goofy grin on her face like she knew something. Well, that makes one of us, because I'm confused as hell.

"There. Gone." And then he pulled me back in by my waist. I put my hands on his biceps and pulled back slightly, but too stunned to push myself out of his arms.

"What the hell is goi-"

"Come on tour with us." Jaime interrupted,

"What? Is now really the time?!"

"Yes, Come on tour with us, Please." He urged, pushing his sunglasses to the top of his head and staring at me with those mesmerizing green eyes. I sighed and looked away, chewing my bottom lip, and then looked back up at him. I took a deep breath.

"Why?"

"Because I love you and I can't stand to miss you for another 2 years." My heart exploded in my chest and a huge grin spread across my lips.

"There you go." I breathed, and then yanked him in by that stupid bandana of his and kissing him with everything I've got. I could feel him smile into the kiss and I raised my hands to run through his hair as complete bliss overwhelmed me. His hold tightened on my waist and he lifted me up and spun me around. I laughed as I pulled my lips away from his and wrapped my arms around his neck. Suddenly cheering erupted from the far side of the Village Green.I turned my head and saw the entirety of the Emery Tour watching Jaime and I near the stage. I looked back up at Jaime and smiled.

"Could you be anymore cliche?" I giggled. He pressed a short kiss to my lips.

"I'm allowed to. I love you." He said.

"I love you, too, Jaime." The grin on Jaime's face, if possible, grew even bigger.

"You just called me Jaime." I smiled again and pulled his lips back down to mine. I knew for a fact that I wasn't going to be letting go anytime, 2 years was long enough to wait. There was something different about us.

Something,

well,

Special
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END! SO SAD =(
thanks to everyone who read and commented.
So I started Writing a Tony Perry story that I kind of enjoy which could be called "The Best Friend Diaries" or "The Best Friend Code" or something.
I'll keep you updated.

<3 W^C