The Sound of a Ghost

The Flu

Image

"Blah blah blah, yes yes. I get it. Don't blow anything up. Honestly, blow up a drum set ONCE and they never let you forget it!" David grumbled from his seat under the Emery tent. Craig, the head honcho of all tour management, had called a tour meeting. Trusting Yesterday was the first to arrive and Craig had immediately launched into a lecture. Trusting Yesterday are known to be slight pyromaniacs.

"Waters, you put a cherry bomb in the bass drum." Toby, the vocalist for Emery for those of you who didn't know, stated, hand on hip.

"ONCE!"

"You come anywhere near my drumset and we'll have issues, kid." Another voice joined the mix. Jake Bunderick was staring directly at David as he and the rest of Mayday Parade walked under the white tent.

"Don't mind him. He's a little paranoid. He's convinced the loading crew at Airports take his drums out and play with them before flights." Brooks Betts said, rolling his eyes and taking a seat next to me.

"They do, damn it! They just manage to put it away perfectly!"

"Sure, Jake." Alex Garcia interjected, snatching a lawnchair before Derek Sanders could sit down.

"Here, take this one. I'll sit with my lover." Pat said, offering his chair to Derek and sitting on my lap. Once Derek had safely sat down, I pushed Pat rudely off me.

"In your dreams, doll face." I stated. Brooks burst out laughing at the expression on Pat's wounded face. I smiled at him, finally someone who gets my humor.

"I'm Kailyn Perry." I said. Brooks grinned.

"I already know who you are. We all do. We're big Trusting Yesterday fans." Brooks replied.

"Well, sweet. That makes this highly less awkward since I know all of you, too. I don't feel like a creepy fan girl." I laughed. A bus rolled into the parking lot about 3 hours past bus call. I looked up at Toby.

"Who's late?" I asked. My question was quickly answered as a tiny latino vocalist came bounding off the bus, stopped, and looked around hurridyly.

"Where is she, where is she, where is she?!" I jumped to my feet and rushed over.

"Victor Fuentes!" I shouted. Vic whirled around to face me and a huge grin lit up his face and his eyes shown. We ran towards eachother locked into a tight bear hug letting out little girly squeals of "OMG OMG OMG!"

"How the hell long has it been?" I exclaimed.

"7 months 5 days and 10 hours!" Vic shouted back. I stopped and pulled back.

"You kept exact track?"

"What? You didn't?" I laughed and hugged him again.

"Can you please stop manhandling my sister?" I jumped back and squealed when I saw Tony walking out of the bus.

"Nee!" I called wrapping him into a tight hug.

"What the hell happened to my kick ass little sister who wouldn't touch me with a ten foot pole?" Tony laughed.

"She didn't see her brother for 7 months 5 days 10 hours and 22 minutes!" I replied.

"Hey, I didn't say the 22 minutes!" Vic interjected. I turned and smiled.

"I know." I grinned and looked around.

"Where's Mikey?" I asked.

"Still asleep, the lazy ass." Tony replied. I smiled and dashed up the steps to the bus, slamming the door behind me, right as someone was walking down. We crashed head on into eachother, sending us sprawled on the bus floor. Not skinny enough to be Mike... I looked up to see the fan of hair beneath me.

Hi-me.

Shit.

"Kailyn." Hi-me said.

"Hi-me." I stated stoically, despite the rapid pace my heart was beating at. I pushed myself off the top of Hi-me and headed toward the back before either of us could say anything else.

I looked around the array of empty beds in the back room of Pierce the Veil's RV. I swear, they're messier then my boys. I saw Mike curled into a ball underneath the dark blue comforter I had bought him the beginning of Senior year after I accidently let my cat shred his old one. I kicked the bed, jolting him awake.

"Holy fuck, Kai, how many times have I told you not to ki- KAILYN!" Mike flew up and I chuckled, cocking a hip to the side.

"Hi ya, bestie." I smiled. He quickly stood up and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I missed you so much! I need to show you all my new tattoos an-"

"First you need to get dressed, chicken legs." I giggled. Mike looked down at his strawberry patterened boxers.

"Come on, you've seen me in less." I rolled my eyes.

"Not willingly, and back then your undergarments we a little more hetero." I responded. Mike's bottom lip jutted out into a pout.

"Momma bought them for me." I laughed.

"Of course she did. Hurry up, I'm hungry." I said tapping my foot impatiently. Mike eyed me curiously.

"You alright? Your face is all flushed." And my palms were sweating and my heart was still pounding out of my rib cage, but who's counting?

"I must be getting a cold. It's kinda chilly out there." I responded.

"Yeah, well, take care of yourself. Don't want you getting the flu." I smiled and walked out of the room with a wave.

If God loves me at all it'll be the flu.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta daaaaa
part number 2 =)

so people aren't really commenting =(
makes me sad ? see?---------------^^^

fix it?

<3 W^C