The Sound of a Ghost

I'll Hold in My Charms

Image

"You were fantastic!" I smiled at the girl standing in front of Trusting Yesterday's merch table.

"Thanks! I'm glad you had fun. Who'd you come here to see?"

"Well, you guys and Mayday Parade, but I really liked some of the other bands that I hadn't heard yet."

"Yeah? Like who?"

"Pierce the Veil is awesome." I laughed.

"Yeah, they are, aren't they? You really can't beat San Diego."

"Can I have that shirt in an Extra small? Oh, do you know if Pierce the Veil is coming out to their table? I want to talk to their bassist. Do you know his name?" My smile flickered a bit, but I reached for the shirt.

"PtV's? Yeah, his names-"

"Hi-me." The girl looked up and I looked over my shoulder as Hi-me came striding over to my merch table. Vic and Tony, who had just walked over to their table, waved at me before turning to the line that was already forming. Hi-me pulled out the chair next to me and sat down, smiling cockily at the barely legal girl. She smiled back flirtatiously. I felt my blood start to boil with emotion.

"I'm Amber." She drawled, extending her hand to him.

Slut!

"Hi." Hi-me grinned, taking her hand.

"Well, it was great meeting you." She said, shot him a wink, and walked away from the table. I turned to Hi-me.

"What the hell are you doing?" He raised an eyebrow at me. I hate it when he does that.

"I'm sitting at your merch table?"

"And why are at MY merch table?"

"Nick asked me to. He's doing something or other and told me it was his shift so here I am." I took in a deep, shaky breath to calm myself. Nick.

"Hi-me, if you're going to flirt with all the girls who come over here, just leave" I hissed. He raised both eyebrows this time and leaned in to me.

"Why? Jealous?" He whispered. I rolled my eyes.

"Please. I'm not going to sell anything if you keep distracting them. That girl was about to buy something!" Hi-me frowned slightly, but shrugged and nodded.

"Yeah, alright. I'll hold in my charms." I rolled my eyes and look away.

"But my God, Hi-me! I don't even think that girl was 18! How old are you? 22?!" I exclaimed, not able to hold in my disgust and anger. Hi-me smirked.

"21 until next month. And why are you so upset about this?" I let out an aggravated sigh.

"I'm not. It would just crush my brother if they had to cancel a tour because their bass was ARRESTED." I hissed, the anger still flooding through my veins. Hi-me's lips cocked into a grin and he turned to greet the next maybe-legal who approached the Trusting Yesterday table. As that coy smile that I recognized far to well slid across his lips I was finally able to identify that emotion coursing through my veins.

Jealousy.

FUCK.

********

"Nick Watson, what the hell are you playing at?!" I shouted as I stormed onto the Trusting Yesterday bus. Nick raised his eyebrows...as did Brooks Betts. Whoops.

"Oh. Hey there Brooks..." I trailed off awkwardly.

"Hi...so I'm going to just...go...and I'll talk to you later, Kai. Coffee, yes?" Brooks said, standing up.

"Yessir." I smiled at him and followed him with my eyes. The minute the door closed I whirled back around to face Nick.

"What the fuck we're you THINKING?!" I shrieked. Nick regarded me calmly.

"And you would be referring to...?"

"Oh, don't pull that British propriety shit on me! You have a mohawk, for fuck's sake, you lose all rights to the accent effect." I hissed.

"I was curious, that's all." Nick shrugged.

"Curious about what?! Just how pissed off you could get me?"

"No. How you would react when put in a situation such as that. Most people, when put together with someone they used to be involved with, would feel awkward but would let it slide. And yet you react like this. I wonder why that is." There was a glint in his eye that told me he knew exactly what it meant but wanted to torment me. My face heated.

"I am not some science experiament, Watson! I'm not a lab rat you test your little theories on when you get bored!"

"Oh this isn't really an experiament. I already figured how it would turn out. I told you before, love, you're textbook." I stomped over to him and got down in his face.

"Human beings are not textbook, and this is not a psychology class." I hissed. And with that I turned on my heel and stormed out of the bus, just as enraged as when I entered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh.
This parts tolerable.Kinda short, though.
Tell me what you think of the story, yes? I want in depth analysis! haha.

I'm thinking this is going to be about 12 parts. Sounds like a good length, don't you think?

Comments, pretty please.

<3 W^C