The Sound of a Ghost

Sir Skeez-a-lot

Image

"So bring it on, bring it on for me baby!" I sang into the mic.

"Stand on up, stand on up against me, honey." Theo returned.

"This isn't over yet, So sit back, relax, and watch it burn." We shouted together, 3 weeks into the tour and it was still a buzz. The crowd erupted into cheers, each for their respective favorite band members. There were even a couple signs that read "I'll turn you straight, Theo!"

Fans are funny, there's nothing on this earth that could turn Theo straight unless the only guy left was Ron Jeremy. But I think that could flip anyone's sexuality away from guys...

"Thank you all! You've been absolutely smashing!" Nick shouted.

"That's British for you kick ass!" I laughed.

"I think they know how to speak English, Kai." Nick retorted.

"Oh I don't doubt that, but the question is do YOU?" The crowd laughed along with our ridiculous banter.

"I so do-"

"Anyway, I'm going to save you all from this pansy ass and let you enjoy the hotties of MAYDAY PARADE! Ta ta!" I shouted, and waved.

"That's british!"

"Yeah, but cool british. Sheesh. Be American." And with that I hopped off stage to the cheers and laughs of our amazing Cleveland audience. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face and I tossed my bass to Cameron, our amazing techie/whipping boy, before skipping out to the parking lot.

"Yo, Perrita!" I stopped my jaunt to turn and face Vic and Mike.

"Waddup, shorty and non-shorty?"

"We're the exact same height, dumb ass." Vic grumbled. Mike just laughed.

"What do you want?"

"It's Hi-me's birthday." Vic stated.

"You're point?"

"We're having a party and will you please please please come?" Vic jutted his lower lip out. I grimaced. For the past three weeks the tension between Hi-me and I had sky rocketed and my skin felt charged during our heated exchanges and I didn't know what that meant, but i sure as hell didn't want to find out. The very thought of willingly putting myself near him made me nausous.

"Do I have to?"

"If you don't want me to tell everybody about the first day of sophomore gym." Mike replied, an arrogant smile tilting his lips. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Low blow. You so lose best friend points."

"Totally worth it. Look pretty, we're going to a club." I groaned and marched back to the bus.

**********

"Why don't you want to do this again?" Pat asked as we walked down the busy Ceveland street toward the club the party was at.

"Because it's glorifying another year of Jaime Preciado's life." I replied darkly.

"She's in love with him" Nick added.

"No, I hate him." I shot back

"But you were in love with him, right?" Theo interjected.

"Yes, I was in love with an asshole, I'm trying to forget it, thanks."

"Then why are you going to this?" Pat asked. My friends ask way to many questions.

"Because a couple of my stupid best friends and my brother decided to be friends with him, forcing me to be around him if I ever want to see them. Why are we still talking about this? There's a reason I didn't tell you guys!"

"Why is it such a big deal to you? Why don't you just ignore him?" David interjected. Nick coughed something that sounded oddly like 'textbook.' I turned and glared at him.

"Stop being a psych student and start being a guitarist, damn it." I stalked off. I waited a beat.

"Hey! I'm a good guitarist!" There it is. I laughed inwardly and hopped into the club.

"Kailyn!" I turned and smiled at Derek Sanders and jogged over to him.

"Hey, pretty boy. Where's everyone?"

"You think I'm pretty?" Derek grinned. I pushed his shoulder jokingly. Derek laughed and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"They're in the back party roomie thingie."

"Kai! Come dance with me!" I shriek as Jake comes running at me, links my arm with his, and pulls me out to the dance floor in one fluid movement. Derek shrugged and walked to the back room. I laughed and let Jake pull me to him to move with the pounding beats of the club. I leaned into his shoulder and shouted,

"Where is everyone?!"

"I don't know! Oh! There's Hi-me!" I looked over my shoulder to see Hi-me dancing with a blonde who's tan was about as fake as her boobs. I rolled my eyes. I saw Hi-me's eyes flick to mine and then back down as a small, srrogant smile curved his lips. His hand slid lower onto the girl's thigh.

Oh two can play at that game!

I turned back to Jake, my lips tilted up in a devilish smile as I ground my hips into his. Jake's eyebrows rose and he looked down at me.

"Kailyn, you know I have a girlfriend, right?"

"Yes, which makes you perfect for this." I answered, sliding my hand senuously down his arm.

"Perfect for what, because you're freaking me out here." I quickly scanned the room searching for the skeeziest guy I could possibly find. At teh bar sat a terrifyingly skinny, pale, pathetic excuse for a man with his slimy black hair pulled into a ponytail under a Ravens ball cap. Bingo.

"See that guy over there?" I asked, indicating Sir Skeez-a-lot at the bar. Jake nodded. "Well he's been shooting glances at me all night. If he thinks I'm taken he won't try anything." Comprehension dawned on Jake and he laughed, twirling me around so my back was pressed tightly to his chest as we dipped and weaved to the music. I glanced quickly at Hi-me, my smirk rose as I saw his eyes narrowed dangerously at Jake.

HA!

I smiled and lean up to Jake's ear, whispering

"He's gone. Thanks Jakie." I smiled. I glanced one more time at Hi-me before walking out of the club and into the alley leading to the buses, laughing my ass off because he probably thought I was setting up a secret rendevous with Jake with that whispering.

"Was all that really neccessary, Kai?" I turned around to face the voice. It was Hi-me, of course. He would follow me.

"It's Kailyn, and you're just jealous." I laughed.

"Of what? Jake? Yeah right." He replied, crossing his arms moddily across his chest.

"Oh yeah. You're jealous of jake alright AND the fact that I showed you up for the fifth time tonight."

"Not what the fans tell me." Hi-me responded, a cocky smirk curving his lips.

"That's because they want in your pants." I stated, hand on hip.

"And you don't?" He drawled, taking a step toward me.

"Please, I've been there and it's nothing special." I sneered, taking another step forward. Hi-me's eyes narrowed, taking another step so we were nose to nose.

"Baby, I rocked your world." He said lowly. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Sweetie, you didn't even register on the rictor scale. Nothing spectacular." I responded, holding my ground despite the huge effect the warmth of his breath on my face was having. Suddenly his hands latched onto my hips. I scoffed and reached my hands up to collar bone level to push him off.

"What do you think you're doing?" I hissed, my voice wobbiling slightly.

"Showing you spectacular." Hi-me breathed and then pressed his lips over mine. My entire mind shut down, No cognizant thought was possible and my instincts kicked in. My hands that I had raised to push him away slid up his torso and around his neck, one tangling in his mane of hair. Hi-me's fingers played with the hem of my shirt and brushed the skin on my waist, sending chills up my spine. I gasped and his tongue darted into my mouth and mine did the same.

Hi-me's hands slid back to grip my hips and lifted me up to wrap my legs around his waist, pressing me against the alley wall roughly, his hands braced on the wall on either side of my rib cage. We pulled back simultaneously, breathing labored and heavy, and I rested my forhead on his with my eyes still closed. His hands slid back to my hips and he gentley lowered me to the ground. I opened my eyes and looked up at him. A look of shock, which I had to mirror, was spread across his features. I nervously tapped my fingers and just then realized that my hands were still wrapped around his shoulders and his arounsd my waist.

"I-I-" Hi-me stuttered. Our heads flew to the head of the alley way where laughter sounded that I easily recognized as Derek and Pat's. We looked back at eachother.

"Kai-"

"Happy Birthday, Hi-me." I murmered and then pulled away from him to take off toward the buses.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm in love with this one.
Forreal.

Anyway, I'm not going to be able to update for a few days because I'm going out of town for labor day and all, but I'll update as soon as possible!!

Comments, pretty please.

<3 W^C