The Sound of a Ghost

Monkies are Terrifying

Image

"Awww, David look at this! Someone told me I was lucky to be around you so much because you're, and I quote, 'one of the sweetest guys she's ever met.' Why didn't you hit on this girl? I like her!" I squealed as I went through the my myspace messages. I had 4 new messages and 10 new comments. I had already gone through my friend requests except there was still one remaining and it had been there for going on two years. Hi-me, of course.

"You have a friend request." Pat stated, looking over my shoulder at my laptop.

Fuck you, Pat.

"I friended you! Did you answer yet?" Jake said from the other side of the picnic table. I saw Hi-me look up from his book and watch us over the binding. I ignored him.

"Of course I did! You're already number 9 on my top friends. Right under my band and brothers. Ok, and Mike and Vic, but you get the idea." I laughed.

"Yes! You are going to be number...7! Right under my band and gi-"

"Ashley, right?" I quickly interrupted.

"Yup. Under Ashley." I flicked quickly back at Hi-me, his eyes were narrowed dangerously at Jake. Perfect, that was close. If he found out that Jake had a girlfriend, I would be so dead.

"Oo, who's that? He's hot." Andrea, the Cry of the Afflicted drum techie asked, glancing at my screen from her seat next to me at the picnic table. I followed her finger to the icon on my top friends list and my jaw dropped and then I burst out laughing.

"What? Why is this funny?" Andi asked, genuinely confused. I heard Hi-me get up and walk over to me.

"What's so funny?" I couldn't help it, I pointed at the icon.

"Andrea thinks he's hot." Hi-me burst out laughing as well. Andrea sighed.

"I still don't get it."

"Andi, sweetie, that's Vic." I coughed through my laughter. Andrea's jaw dropped and she stared into space completely stunned. Hi-me laughed and then wrapped his arms around her collarbone, resting his chin on her shoulder, his body still shaking. I felt that damn jealousy starting to course through my veins. I looked back at my screen and scolded myself. I don't have any claim over Hi-me, he can flirt with whoever he damn well pleases. Not to mention I've been "flirting" with Jake.

I'm such a hypocrite.

"Vic? Vic Fuentes? Like our Vic?" Andi stuttered.

"How many Vics do you know?" I asked, eyebrow raised.

"Vic looks like a monkey sometimes." Hi-me chuckled. I, of course, was quick to shoot him down.

"No way. Monkey's are terrifying. Vic is cool."" I shrugged.Jake, who had gotten up a few minutes earlier to go grab his phone, sat back down, the phone pressed to his ear.

"Hold on, Ash. Kai, what's going on?" Jake asked me, turning to me from his phone.

"Andi thinks Vic is hot." Jake's jaw dropped and he let out a bark of laughter and he turning back to his phone.

"Hey, remember that San Deigo band I told you about? No, Pierce the veil. Ha, yeah them. Anyway Andrea, the Cry of the Afflicted girl, thinks they're lead singer is hot. Yeah hi- wait. What?" Jake took the phone away from his ear and looked at it oddly.

"She agreed." He said in awe. Andi and I laughed.

"Who are you talking to?" Hi-me, who was still standing behind Andi (who was looking kind of unomfortable with his contact, HA!) asked.

"My girlfriend." Jake replied easily. Hi-me's head flew to look at me.

SHIT.

********

I was scurring quickly down the pavement of Tennessee, trying desperately to get back to Trusting Yesterday's bus before Hi-me caught me.

"Kailyn!" Fuck. I froze. There was nothing I could really do, I mean, I sorta deserved this. I crossed my legs and slowly swiveled back around to face Hi-me stalking toward me, brow furrowed and determined. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

"What the hell, Kailyn?" Hi-me hissed. I titled my head to the side, playing innocent.

"What are you talking about?"

"Jake has a girlfriend, Kai?! You said that you and Jake were together!" He exclaimed. I smirked alightly.

"I never said that." I stated simply.

"Yeah but-"

"You assumed it, Hi-me." I interrupted, an arrogant flip to my voice.

"Why would you-"

"And you know what they say about when you assume..." I trailed off and then quickly turned and walked back to my bus, leaving Hi-me behind me in a stunned silence. I didn't want ot go into why I had faked a romance with Jake. Because, honestly, I don't know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta da!
I'm not thrilled with this part or part part 6, but 7 is going to be sweeeeet =)

So I'll be posting another one tonight since I made you wait over the weekend.

Oo! Does anyone want to make me a banner?! That'd be sweet :-)

Love you guys!

Commets, pretty please!

<3 W^C