The Sound of a Ghost

Step One, Right?

Image

Don't react when I tell you
Don't react when I tell you
That bright lights mean nothing to you
Because no one would know
The sound of a ghost
And I might be something to you
Beyond beautiful
Is the sound of a ghost
Can we lose our minds
And call it love for the last time
My darling never rest
Until the darker gets
The best of all we had
Can the cold carry on
When the light means nothing to you
Then no one would know
The sound of a ghost
And I might be perfect with you
But no one would know
So tell me, tell me
Have you ever really danced on the edge
Is something still scaring you
Have you ever really danced on the edge
The count of three is up
Have you ever really danced on the edge
Alright then tell me so
Have you ever really danced on the edge
Just hold my hand and jump
And bright lights mean nothing to you
Because no one would know
The sound of a ghost
Oh, no one would know
The sound of a ghost


I sighed and pushed replay on my iPod. I had been lying in my bunk for hours, by now everyone, save David who had agreed to drive for a little while to give our usual driver a break, had gone to sleep. It was around 3 am and I had listened the The Balconey Scene 27 times since I got back on the bus after our prank day.

I still didn't understand.

After our...conversation... during the water fight, I recognized some of the lyrics from what he was saying, or shouting. The big one being "Is something still scaring you." Was I scared? Hell yes I was scared! I was scared to death of everything I was feeling when I was around Hi-me, love scared me to hell and back.

But the song also called into question what he felt, and I think that scared me more then my personal feelings. "Just hold my hand and jump." I was terrified of 'jumping,' especially when it comes to Hi-me. Placing complete trust in someone is not something I do. Ever. And I think that's what he wanted then and what he wants now. What the fuck am I supposed to think and why can't i get over the fear of falling.

Maybe because I wasn't positive. I knew I love him, but I didn't know he loved me. Like isn't good enough for me to dive in head first. He said he liked me but "Can we lose our minds and call it love"? What am I supposed to think now?! SO now the question was:

Does Jaime love me?

My breath caught. I just called him Jaime. Well, step one, right?

The bus lurched to the side and my head hit the wall next to me. Fuck shit, now my head hurt inside and out. The bus lurched again and I flew through the curtain and onto Theo, who must've been thrown from the bunk below me.

" 'Ello, Love." Theo coughed.

"Sorry, Theo." I said, pulling myself up off of his back, trying to gain my balance against the slowing movement of the van.

"What the hell is going on?" Pat asked groggily, pulling the curtain back from the oposite side of the aisle and I watched as Nick did the same.

"I don't know." I muttered, then shouted "Steven!"

"What?" I heard Steven, our usual driver, mumble half asleep. Poor guy, he really works harder then all of us do.

"Somethings up with the bus. Can you please go look at the engine?" I asked. Steven walked out of the back room, pulled on a hat and flip flops, and walked off the bus. I walked up to the driver's seat where David was still staring straight ahead in shock.

"You alright, Dave?" I asked. David and I were by far the most awake on the bus.

"Y-yeah." He stuttered, visibly shaken.

"What happened, love?" I asked, wrapping my arm around the back of his neck and stroking comfortingly the hair brushed across his forehead.

"I don't know! The brake's suddenly wouldn't catch and the gas pedal just hung there off the axis!" David exclaimed, still staring straight ahead. I looked out the black window at the slightly head light lit grassy area in front of us.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"I yanked us off onto the field, which was the second jolt thingie, until we stopped." David replied, starting to come out of his trance.

"Well, we're all alright. Looks like the only thing that was broken was Pat's glass, which he really shouldn't have left on the counter anyway. That was just dumb. C'mon. I think the rest are already falling asleep again. Let's go see what Steven found." I said, pulling him up out of the chair and taking the keys out of the ignition. David and I hopped off the bus and walked over to Steven, who was peering at the massive bus engine.

"What've you got Steve?" I asked.

"Something got caught in the engine and frayed the brake and gas cables until they snapped. We'll need to replace both." Steven replied with a heavy sigh.

"Ok, so we'll get that done, might have to miss a show bu-"

"Kailyn, this type of maintenance can take upwards of 3 weeks. Especially if we're in the middle of no where." Steven cut me off. My jaw dropped.

"B-b-but there's 2 weeks of tour left!" I exclaimed. Steven shrugged.

"Either get a new bus or stay with one of the other bands. And really, it could take a while to get a new bus." I sighed and shared a look with David. We both knew who had the smallest team and band. I took my phone out and hit the number 5 speed dial then held it to my ear.

"Hey, Mike? I need a favor."
♠ ♠ ♠
ta daaaaa
Next part =)
im not fond of the next one, but 10-12 kick ass if I do say so myself =)
Keep reading lovlies!
And banners would be much appreciated :-)

Comments, pretty please

<2 W^C