Heartbeat

Typical Morning

James was in the corner, huddled up. He sighed. What did he do that was wrong last night? He didn't understand. He stood up, grabbed his bag and waved his hand carelessly at his parents and brother in the kitchen.
He hated Wednesdays as much as Mondays.
James ran at inhuman speed towards the school then slowed his pace down when he arrived at the school. He glared at every human he saw in sight and walked up the steps inside quickly when the bell rang.
His classes were on the fifth floor. He walked up to his locker and fumbled with the lock and it unlocked, revealing an unusually clean locker. He placed his bag inside it and took out hsi books and pencils and slammed the locker door shut, walking to his first class, Biology.
James did rather well in Biology. He enjoyed learning about the human body and at the moment they were wrapping up their study on blood cells, which he didn't want to end since he had over trillions of them every night for dinner. Literally.
He sat at his desk in the middle and waited. The teacher, for some reason was always twentry minutes late and the kids always took this as a wonderous advantage. He looked around and smirked.
The "popular kids" were the stupid jocks and cheerleaders. The cheerleaders were sluts and the jocks just wanted to get in their pants 24/7. They also drank a lot. They were talking animatedly and James caught every single word they all spoke.
"Oh my god I can't wait for Chealsea's party it is going to be so cool!" Rachel said, the captain. James rolled his eyes and stopped listening. He pushed with his mind and invaded her mind.
'Mike is so hot. I want to just... OH MAN I hope he'll be at the party. First we make out then it's the real action.' She thought. James quickly left her disturbing thoughts and looked at the goths and emos, the closest he's ever gotten to friends. They looked over to him and James nodded at them once.
Just at that moment a beautiful preppy girl with long dark brown semi-curly locks, softly eyelined brown eyes, lips so smooth and shiny that every boy wanted to feel them and she was mexican but was full out american inside. She spoke perfectly and knew all about fashion and loved to look at boys and talk but really only had one friend.
Secretly she loved school.
As she caught sight of James, she walked to her desk and obviously purposely stomped her feet loudly when she walked past him. James smirked and she turned around violently, her summer skirt swished around.
"What's so funny?" She asked angrily.
"Nothing it's just you're all 'Ooh there's James and I'm gonna go stomp all over because I hate him so much.' And whatever." He imitated her horribly.
"Oh please. That's just how I walk." She said.
"I distictinly heard you walk much more softly before and after you were near me." James said, annoyed.
"Please you don't know anything." She said.
"You have a laptop on your blue and whited striped desk and you were checking your email earlier this morning. Your cat, Midnight always sleeps at your feet every night with you, you're afraid of the dark so you keep the light on and the walls of your room are purple with two drops of red nail polish that you accidently flicked at when you couldn't get the little brush out of the bottle." James said with no emotion whatsoever. Her lip-glossed mouth fell open a little. "I know more than you think, Layla." He said.
Layla turned from him and sat down in the back at her desk, wondering how he knew that.
"Class I'm sorry I'm late." Mrs. Healey said. The seniors quickly sat in their seats and muttered a quick "Mhm." and looked up at the 56 year old. "Tomorrow I am asigning a class project on blood cells. Or maybe today!" She said happily. Everyone groaned except for James and Layla.
"What a drag." He heard Mike say.
"I know. Wanna do it at my place later?" Rachel asked him. Mike nodded happily.
"Alright shh..." Mrs. Healey said and looked at her list. Ironic how Mike and Rachel were teamed up. James smirked and clearly heard Layla mutter under her breath "Idiots."
She had matched up everyone and then stopped. James's eyebrows furrowed and he raised his hand. Mrs. Healey nodded at him.
"You forgot me..." He said slowly.
"Well you and Layla were the only two not picked so I thought it was obvious who the last pair was." She said and went back to her papers. James's eyes widened under his bangs at her words.
"No! I can't work with him." He heard Layla say in a whisper.
"You think I'd enjoy it either?" James asked. His canine gums teared and they grew longer. How he wanted to kill his teacher and Layla at this moment, no one would understand. Hi bit down quickly and took unessary breaths to calm himself down.
"Whatever. But... NO!" She yelled. A couple of kids giggled.
Mrs. Healey handed James the assignment. He smiled. It would be simple. He paid extra attention to blood cells and knew everything about them. He could easily finish it and have no help with Layla. It would all be ok.
Mrs. Healey began and she began review blood cells to the class.

James opened his locker and took his bag out. He stuffed it with his Biology texts and the assignment. He closd his locker and found Layla's face right where his locker door was when it was opened. He growled softly.
"I don't trust you." She said. "I really need an A+ ok? I know that sounds kidna annoying and stuff but-" Layla began.
"Kinda?" James smirked. Layla's beautiful eyes narrowed.
"Anyways. You better not mess this up." There was a long pause. "I can't believe the words that are going to come out of my mouth... but-" She began though was cut off by James agaiin.
"Only if it's tomorrow and never again, right?" He asked. Layla's mouth opened again. "Right?" He asked angrily. She nodded.
"Ok then after school. I'll be there before you will." He said. walking past her.
"Wanna bet?" She called from behind him. He smirked again and turned to her.
"Ten bucks." He said and left the building. James walked a bit away from the school and ran at inhuman speed to his house.
♠ ♠ ♠
review please! first story! first chapter! i need a couple (like one or two) ideas too so if you wanna, feel free to tell me!