Heartbeat

Reflection

James growled as he entered his house and he slammed the door behind him. "Home." He muttered and threw his bag on the couch. In less than a second it was flung back to him and James caught it. He sighed and jumped on the couch next to his little brother.

"Hi." James said.

"Mmm." His brother, Chris said. He had piercings on him and his hair was longer than James's (although James's wasn't that long) Chris's hair was a little bit over midway his back and it spiked at some places.

"I think it's weird for a vampire to wear eyeliner." James said and heard Chris growl at him. He smirked and went upstairs to his room.

"Blood cells... rock." He said as he took out the assignment and paper from his desk and sat in the corner. His bed was neatly made with black sheets. He wasn't allowed to sleep in it for a week because of some accident he did when hunting last night. He had gotten this punishment many times but didn't know what he did this time.

"Red Blood Cells... White Blood Cells... Platelets." He muttered as he started working.

Layla rode home on her bike. She loved how she wore a green long shirt that was girly and nice jeans with sneakers. She loved her look. She just wished she looked prettier. Layla also had one blue and one white streak that were almost hidden in her hair but they showed once in a while.

She just didn't know that so many guys secretly wanted her.

'I know one guy doesn't want me. James. And I don't care. He's such a freak sometimes. I think he stalks me or something...' Layla thought and looked in back of her. No one. She shrugged it off and slowed her bike down as she got to her house.

"Dad I'm home." She said. Her dad, who was sitting at the counter, reading the paper, just nodded once. "Did you finish packing yet?" She asked. He nodded again. "Ok. And I hope you do well in... Las Vegas for a month... whatever." She started walking upstairs. "It's so obvious he found some lady there who's like a stripper whore." She muttered under her breath and heard the paper smack down on the counter. Layla ran up and quickly went into her room and locked it. Her dad banged on her door loudly.

"OPEN UP!" He yelled. Layla held her breath and knew that she would get a beating. She bit her shiny lips and took her iPod and carefully jumped down the window, hitting the ground with a thud on her back.

She ran to the front and hopped on her bike and rode off. Where to, she didn't know where. All she knew was that she had to leave for exactly two hours. Her dad would be ok by then. She had tried this method a hundred times and each of them worked perfectly.

She put the ipod on a playlist and placed it safley in her pocket. She had her headphones
not on her ears but just around her neck and loud enough so she could listen to it and cars on the street.

The song that played at the moment described the moment perfectly. "The Great Escape" by BoysLikeGirls. She smiled and her bike speed quickened as the mood of the music inspired her. She started sing along.

Layla also thought she didn't sing well but the truth was she was ten times better than Celine Deon and Amy Lee. She didn't believe it though.

As Layla rode out to the park and she sat at the bench. she smiled. Amy Jenkins was here. She was her so called friend. Layla walked over to her. She sat on the bench beside her.

"Hey." She said.

"Oh hey. What's up?" She asked plainly. Her hair was very light brown and it was volumed. She wore a bit of makeup anhad a blouse on almost like Layla though it was blue.

"Nothing... just hiding." She said softly. Amy turned to her, worry on her face.

"Layla what are you gonna do? Your dad is a monster who enjoys hurting his own daughter who is so pretty and can sing... I heard you sing when you came. And... why? You don't deserve it." Amy said, hugging Layla.

"Yeah. You tell me that lie all the time." She said. Amy rolled her eyes.

"I'm not lying. You're my best friend and I'm yours. Do you really think I'd lie to you?" She asked.

"We're friends we're supposed to lie to each other." Layla pointed out.

"Yah ok. Whatever." Amy said. It was not her fault she apperently had bad hearing or eyesight. She looked over at the fountain and smiled. Layla noticed this and looked at where she was looking and smirked.

"Oh my god, Amy." She said to her. Amy looked at her.

"What?" She asked.

"You like Josh." She said. Josh came here every day just to relax. "Don't even try to hide it because you know I'll get it out of you." She said. Amy blushed furiously and started laughing.

"Ok ok I do but shh." She said.

"Yeah ok don't worry." Layla said. "But that doesn't mean I'm not going to interfere." She said slyly. Amy looked at her and pouted.

"Yeah I'm so gonna kill you if you do interfere." She said.

"Go talk to the guy." Layla stood up, pulled Amy up and pushed her towards him. She stood there, two feet from him. Layla waved hi and skipped back to the bench. Amy turned to her and gave her the finger. Layla smiled and shooed her to him. Amy took a deep breath and sat by him.

"Hi." She said. "What's up?" She asked.

"Oh hey Amy." Josh said. He had short hair,. he was tanned and had beautiful blue eyes and dark hair that was softly spiked a bit here and there. He was ripped too and he was just really nice. "What brings you here?"

"Oh I don't know. I just wanted to come to get some fresh air." She said. Josh smiled a very white smile at her.

"Your hair looks nice, you know." He said. Amy smiled and blushed.

"Really?" She bit her lips and he chuckled.

"You're so funny, Amy Jenkins. You know how to make anyone laugh." He said in a husky voice.

From the bench Layla smiled. He laughed and then she laughed... more talking. Her eyes looked at to their hands. His was almost touching hers. Layla squealed. If she had popcorn, it would be much more fun at the moment.

"Ok... but I don't have a pen..." Amy said.

"Here." Josh said and reached into his bag. "And paper." He said, grabbing a sticky note
pad. Amy took them both and jotted down seven numbers. She handed them both back at him. "Thanks." He said. Amy smiled.

"I'll see you, ok?" She said. He nodded.

"See yah, Amy." He said and smiled at her again. She stood up and walked over to the bench again and sat down.

"So?" Layla said excitedly. It was already getting dark. How long had they been there? She shrugged. Layla's eyes though caught sight of four dark figures coming at them. Her heart was beating ten times than it should have.

"I'm scared..." Amy breathed softly.

"Come on you can tell me on the way." She said and grabbed Amy's hand. They found their bikes and rode off. "Can I sleep at your house?"

"Yeah. And He asked me for his number!" She said, forgetting about the four dark figures across the park.

"Oh my god! Do you know what this means? Oh and did you even notice how close your hands were?" Layla asked. Her iPod now played Nickelback's "Someday."

"How the hell'd we wind up like this?" Layla sang. Amy giggled. They kept riding. Her house was just down the block.

"Seventh grade. We met. You were alone. I had a kind heart and sat by you." Amy said. Layla laughed at the memory.

"And remember we ended up fighting over the cookie." She said.

"It had M n' M's in it!" Amy said. They giggled and parked their bikes in Amy's garage. "You hungry?" She asked.

"Yeah I didn't have anything to eat." She said.

"OK. We're gonna have food in a bit..." She said slowly, not knowing what food they were going to have.
♠ ♠ ♠
ohmygod i have a subscriber thank you so much! that means a lot to me! thanks
reviews!