Heartbeat

Stubborn

Amy had burst into tears. Layla hugged her tightly after she ran away from her house again. She would spend the night again.

"I... called his house... and I..." Amy sniffled. "his parents said... they found him on the street dead!" She cried heavily.

"Josh? Dead? On the street? How?!" Layla asked. Amy shrugged. She rubbed her nose and stopped crying. Her voice was rough. "He was just lying there and they didn't find any sort of injury on him apparently."

"Chocolate solves everything." Layla said. Amy nodded happily and they went down stairs, rumaged around the freezer and found chocolate ice cream.

"Joshua Thorne... no longer comes to this school. Every senior class was immediately silent. The teachers hung their heads. A fatal death has happened to him. No injury was found, though. He was found around the corner of Laker Street, on the sidewalk. If this truly hurts anyone... I... don't know what to say. Senior teachers will go easier on all of you today. Have a wonderful day. The class started talking again.

"Oh shit." James whispered to himself. He bit his lip and then saw Layla standing right at the door, looking like a deer in headlights. She was staring at him. "Why don't you take a picture? I'm almost certain that it'll last longer." He said.

"Look... I'm just sorry, ok?" She said. The class hushed up again.

"You don't have to say you're sorry. And plus it was probably a good idea that your dad came out and protected you." He muttered.

"Why is that?" She asked.

"Not telling." He said, knowing he had almost said too much.

"Yes you will." Layla said, coming at him.

"Make me." James said slowly. He smirked.

"Fine. I'll never leave your side." She said. James sighed. "And I won't leave until you tell me." He growled.

"Ok then pull up a chair and use my desks because I'm never telling you why it was a good idea for him to protect you." He said. Layla blinked.

"Really?" James nodded. She went to her desk and grabbed her chair, sitting down next to him. "You know... I bet the reason why you're asking me to sit here is because you like me." Layla fluttered her eyelashes teasingly at him. James rolled his eyes.

"Not in a trillion milleniums." He said.

"Whatever." She said.

"At least it's just one period." James said, looking at the clock.

"Nope. Every class I will share your desk. And... I'm coming over to sleep over." Layla said, smiling.

"No." He growled.

"Please! I wanna meet your parents." She said.

"Hell no." He added.

Layla stiffened. She had never really entirely been rejected until now. She shugged. "Fine. Sleepover at my place. My dad's out of town for a month. No worries." James growled the loudest he had ever out in public.

"If it'll keep your big mouth shut I will. God so just shut up." He said. She smiled at him triumph.

All throughtout the day, including lunch (which had bothered some of his friends) Layla had literally never left his side.

James was at his locker again and Layla was waiting for him. He slammed his locker loudly and followed her outside. He kicked the back of her leg and walked quickly past her.

"HEY YOU KICKED ME!" She yelled, trying to keep up with him. He smirked and turned right. He sighed. He had to walk.

This was going to be a long weekend.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long for me to update but i did and i kinda wish for comments if u can!