I Could Always Make You Smile

My Best Friend

I rushed around the room trying hard to get everything packed.

“Why you in such a hurry Selene?” I ignored the voice that was coming from my doorway and kept throwing things into my suitcase

“Selene!” I sighed and turned around to face my utterly wonderful, revolting mother. She was looking at me with those eyes, telling me that I shouldn’t be this excited about going off to school. Hey, I was a Ravenclaw don’t you think that kind of comes with the title?

“What is it mother? I’m trying to pack.” I turn back around to try and fit the rest of my clothes in there and close the suitcase shut.

“Don’t you think it’s a bit rude, shouldn’t you wait for Draco?” I raised a brow and turned back to face her.

“No. He’s a big boy mother, he can find his bloody way.” She looked like she was about to hit me, however she didn’t have enough alcohol in her system to do it right now.

“The least you could do is to go say goodbye to Mrs. Malfoy! The poor woman enjoyed having our company since her husband has been too busy with the damn Ministry!” I rolled my eyes and nodded my head, grabbing my guitar and placing that in it’s case also.

“I know, mother. I will. Now please, leave me alone so I can pack.” I glared at her and she just huffed off, probably going off to get her vodka martini. You can see why I just adore her, can’t you?

“Damnit, where the hell did I put that thing!” I yelled to myself looking around for my little case that had all my different kind of picks in it for the guitar. I lifted that blankets and heard the clanking of my picks and quickly shook out the blankets retrieving my beloved case.

“Need help?” God, not like I have enough things to deal with now you’re going to bother me?! Bloody hell I’ll never get out of this damned house.

“No, Malfoy. I’m fine, go away.” I grabbed my small backpack that had…practically my whole life in there and placed the picks in it. I made sure everything was in the bag and threw it over my shoulder.

“Why are you in such a hurry?” I looked back at him to see him leaning in the doorway, dressed in his usual white T-shirt, dark blue jeans, with a green belt. This boy really needed some other colors in his life.

“I need to go meet Malia if you MUST know.” I glared at him grabbed my guitar and throwing that over my other shoulder and then bewitched my suitcase to follow me.

“Excuse me?” I glared at Draco who looked me up and down, I hated when he did that.

“I’ll go with you.” My eyes went wide as he went to his room grabbing a black coat, and his bag. I stared at him not really being able to say anything…I wasn’t sure what to say. This asshole isn’t coming with me!

“Uh…no. Draco go meet your own damn friends!” Draco faked a look of pain grabbing his heart.

“I thought we were friends Selene?” I laughed loudly and when I finished stared at Draco like he was crazy.

“Don’t make me laugh.” With that I walked away from him, sadly him following right behind me.

“Bye, Mrs. Malfoy, lovely to see you this summer!” I waved off to her smiling and looked over to my mother who was holding, surprise, surprise, a glass of wine in her hand.

“Bye, mother.” I said and walked off into the fireplace.

“See you lovely ladies over winter break, lovely to see you again Mrs. Torres.” Draco winked at her and she just smiled at him like some dopey schoolgirl. I really needed to leave. I smirked at Draco and quickly appearated off, having my license already. I just loved the look on his face as I popped off.

“Now…where is she?” I looked around the station not seeing her, so I grabbed onto my suitcase so that none of the muggles would notice it was moving by itself. I quickly headed to platform 9 3/4 and saw the large majestic train standing there in the station. I smiled and quickly made my way onto the train.

Luckily I had not seen any sign of Draco so for now I was in the clear. I walked around looking for an empty compartment when I saw Blaise in one talking to Pansy, Crabb, and Goyle. Why he was friends with them…or even Draco for that matter got me. I waved at him from outside and he smiled excusing himself and coming out to great me.

“Torres!”

“Zabini!” We both shouted giving each other hugs.

“You look great Selene, how was your summer?” I rolled my eyes sighing.

“Horrible. You saw me when you came to visit. I was pretty much like that the entire time there.” I smiled cheekily and he shook his head.

“Locked up in your room? I’m sure Draco found a couple ways to get in.” I shivered grasping Blaise’s shoulders.

“You have no idea!” I said sounding like I was crying.

“Please, you loved it.” Damnit I knew he was going to be here soon.

“Why if it isn’t the devil himself. I told you Blaise, do not speak his name or he shall come!” I gave Blaise a friendly smack on the arm as he laughed, Draco glaring at me from behind.

“Selene!” My eyes went wide, and so did Blaise’s as I turned around to see Malia waving at me from behind Draco.

“Malia! MY LOVE!” I shouted as I dropped the bag that was on my shoulder, pushed Draco out of the way and jumped on her, hugging her tightly.

“Oh god woman, you’re fat get off!” She laughed as we both pulled away. She looked incredibly, amazing what a summer can do to you.

“You look amazing Selene! You’re not fat at all!” I glared at her as I walked back towards Draco and Blaise picking up my bag.

“What’s that suppose to mean?!”

“Means you used to be fat.” Draco said rather blankly. I snapped my head at him and bit my lip trying very hard not to strangle him. It was goddamn bloody hard enough to try and not strangle him over the summer.

“Oh, well, um that’s not what I meant! I mean…um…” I looked at Malia who was smiling at me nervously not really knowing what to say, looking around at the guys her face beginning to flush.

“Word of advice?”

“Yeah?”

“Shut up.” Malia nodded her head as I chuckled. She then looked up at Blaise and began blushing. Now mind you, the man had grown up rather nicely too, I mean compared to the boy we met when we were only eleven he really grew and Malia here has had a secret crush that she swears she doesn’t have on him for the past six years.

“You look good, Malia.” She blushed harder shying away behind me. She was always so shy when it came to anyone but me really. I mean it took me a while to break her out of her shell but it wasn’t that hard to do.

“Thanks, you too.” Draco rolled his eyes and put a hand on Blaise’s shoulder.

“Come on mate, we better let these two girlies catch up.” Draco stared at me and I just smirked at him.

“Oh, what a nice gesture Malfoy, didn’t know you were capable of it.” He scowled at me and me and Malia went off to go find a compartment to sit in.

“Draco and you seem to be getting even closer…something happen over the summer?” I blushed and shook my head.

“You crazy Malia! I wouldn’t let that bloody bastard near me with a ten foot pole.” She laughed and walked into an empty compartment that was right in front of us.

“You don’t change do you? Still as stubborn and sarcastic as ever huh, Selene?”

“Oh hush, you know I’m nice to you so don’t complain.” She smiled and me as I put my stuff away, making myself comfortable.

I looked over at Malia who had pulled out a book to study from. I smiled to myself knowing that this year might be the best yet.

Oh and to let you know, I am Selene Torres, best friend is Malia Harewell, my other best friend Blaise Zabini, and last but certainly not least, my childhood nightmare Draco Malfoy.

Weird isn’t it for people in Ravenclaw and Slytherin to be communicating. Oh well, we’re not all that normal so I guess it really doesn’t count.

Welcome to my seventh year in Hogwarts ladies and gentlemen.