I Could Always Make You Smile

Late Night Rendezvous...

The past weekend events were very interesting, but now we rested upon the aftermath of it all. And that was the furthest thing from fun. I had managed to put all my focus into my studies and Selene.

And I hadn’t even told her about this kiss yet! I figured she had enough on her plate. Draco hadn’t dared come near her for the whole week and I was beginning to think he wouldn’t for quite some time.

Meet me by our tree. Meet me. Meet me. Meet me. These are the words that have been running through my head ever since Potions. I couldn’t take it anymore. I had to do it. Slipping on my socks and shoes I quietly made my way out of the girl’s dormitory.

Once in the vicinity of the tree I scanned the area. “Malia what took you so long?” I slowly turned to see Draco standing before me. “And where are the rest of your clothes?”

I gave my short shorts and tee-shirt a look over before glaring back up at him. “You sent me the note?”

“Zabini wrote it, but only because I practically begged him.”

“You have got to be bloody kidding me. This is all a nightmare, I’m going back to bed.” He placed his hands on my shoulders, stopping me. “Get you hands off of me Malfoy.”

“Malia come on, we’re friends.”

“Tell that to my love life.”

“So you do like Zabini?”

I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest. “What do you want?”

“That doesn’t answer my question, but…I’m desperate. I need your help.”

“If this is about Selene than forget it.” This time I wisely maneuvered my way passed him, but he hastily caught up with me, meeting my glides.

“Oh come on Harewell. You know better than anyone that I didn’t mean it.”

“Yes, but the fact of the matter is that you did it.” I halted as he looked down at his feet disappointed. I believe it was in himself more than his begging. And pride played a major part in a Malfoy’s life.

“Malia, I know Selene told you…about this summer. And what she said really hurt me.”

I sighed, walking closer. “I know, but would you rather she lied?” He shook his head.

“I just wish I was the one she would love. I want to be better for her.” He looked up to me and I was shocked at what I saw. Was he crying!? “I didn’t mean it Malia, honest. That punch was meant for Potter.”

I held out my arms, embracing him. “I know Draco, its going to be fine.”

“No it isn’t, you’re right. I’ve screwed up way too many times for her to forgive me. And I can’t share my feelings with her. She’ll only think that I’m lying to her.”

I pulled away from him. “Draco, you can’t think like that. Honestly I believe that if you did share your feelings with her, sincerely that she’d forgive you. But you need to confront her, not the other way around.”

He sniffed, causing me to let out a chuckle. I wiped away his tear smiling. “I can’t believe you’re crying. Now that’s the way to get Selene back…as a friend at least.” He cracked a smile. “We’ll work on the rest the next time you screw up.” I hear chuckling!

“There won’t be a next time.” Selene?