I Could Always Make You Smile

Get It Out

I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me, radiating warmth. His face nestled my neck, just like before. And his breath lightly grazed my ear. “Don’t be nervous.” He whispered.

I slightly smiled to know one in particular. Placing my hands over his, I slipped them away from my waist. I stared at them as I turned, arranging them on my lower back. My small smile turned into a beam as I looked up to him.

“Malia Harewell, get you ass up. We’ll be late.” Selene’s harsh voice interrupted my reverie. Groaning I rolled over to see her sitting beside me. “I want to thank you for last night.”

“It was no problem. I rather enjoyed being set up as well.” I stated, slipped out of bed. I repeated my actions from the evening before.

All the while I thought of the pit that had settled at the bottom of my stomach. Maybe it was only a case of butterflies, which was only a result of nervousness. It was normal for one to feel this way, right?

Oh what would you know Malia, you’ve never been in this case before.

Selene grabbed my hand and dragged me toward the dreaded tree. Personally, I didn’t see a point in this, but I wasn’t going to say anything. I never do. Maybe I should, maybe people would like to hear my opinions.

I leaned against the tree, seeing as the boys hadn’t showed up yet. “Why couldn’t we wait to do this tomorrow?”

Selene rolled her eyes, pacing back and fourth. “Okay, you’ve been bugging me about this all day. What is the real problem here Malia? Are you getting cold feet?”

“Its me we’re talking about.”

“So tell me what’s going on.”

“I just…I’m not ready for this is all. And I don’t think it would make a difference if we did it tonight to tomorrow. It would all feel the same.”

“You have got to be kidding me.” Selene halted. I sighed. “Malia, why would you think that? We have to do it tonight, before something really horrible happens.”

“I know, but I just can’t find myself doing it.”

I could see anger creeping onto Selene’s face. “Malia, there is something you’re not telling me. I know there is, there has to be something. Out with it.”

I hesitated for a second. “Well ever since the whole Blaise thing…”

“Yea and.”

Out with it Malia! This is the time to be that outgoing girl! Speak your mind! “I’ve been dreaming about Dean.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Shorter than usual, sorry about that. I had a little trouble writing this chapter.