I Could Always Make You Smile

I Can't Hear Your Heartbeat; Your Too Far Away...

I smiled watching how lively the Great Hall was. People were talking, dancing, eating; it was amazing. All of the costumes there were also so vibrant and very unique. I was glad not everyone was wearing the same thing.

Draco was of course dressed as a nobleman from the 1800's wearing a mix of gray's, green's, and black. His hair was not as unkempt as it usually was but brushed and kept neat framing the defining features in his face and some nice dress shoes.

I on the other hand decided to dress as a very sexy pirate. I wore an outfit that was much similar to Kate Beckinsale's outfit in Van Helsing when you first see her, (Malia and I are big on muggle movies) only my outfit showed more cleavage and I had a black captains hat atop my head with fake cobwebs on it and my hair was left in large crazy curls. My wand was hidden in my boot and a fake sword and pistol were tied to my waist.

I looked far out into the crowd and spotted my mother speaking with someone I had never thought she would be speaking with. Victor Krum.

"Is she really talking to, Krum?" I asked myself aloud, Draco following my gaze to my disreputable mother.

"Didn't you have this insane crush on him fifth year?" Malia asked, as I blushed trying to avoid Draco's scrutinizing gaze.

"No, don't be silly. Let's stay away though, just so we don't bump into-"

"Draco." That voice made my knees tremble and my throat dry. We all turned to see Lucious Malfoy standing there, eyeing all of us, but paying close attention to Malia and me.

"Father." Draco stood firm as I smiled and bowed my head slightly.

"Mr. Malfoy, Lovely to see you." I smiled one of the fakest smiles I have ever in my entire life since nothing but fear and loathing seeped out of my pores for this man.

"Ms. Torres. A rather interesting costume, as for you too, Ms. Harewell." I shifted a bit as did Malia, Blaise placing a protective arm around her, Lucious raising a brow a small hint of a smirk that immediately went away when he saw me clutching onto Draco's hand. I saw him stare at it for a moment more as Blaise took Malia and went off somewhere. If Draco and I were to have a crappy night, they shouldn't have to join us.

"Something you would like to tell me, Draco?" Just then, my mother, Narcissa Malfoy, and Victor Krum all came strolling over each having different looks on their faces.

My mother looked disgusted and appalled even though she loved Draco's charm she would never want me with him, but not only at my being with Draco but at the outfit I was wearing, which I had to hide my scars from the many bottles and scratch marks that lay on my neck and shoulders from her.

Mrs. Malfoy seemed to be overjoyed always liking me and wondering when Draco and I would get together and then Victor who gazed at me lustfully a small smirk on his face, Draco glaring at him. Then he shook his head and looked at his father.

"Yes, father. Selene and I are together." Mrs. Malfoy squealed in happiness a bright smile on her face, however Lucious and my mother did not seem at all as excited as she was.

"No! No, you cannot, Selene. I have plans!" I looked at my mother shocked and confused. She couldn't control my life.

"Um, no plans, mother. I'm going to be with Draco. Now could we keep this down?" I looked around the Hall seeing people around us begin to stare at the spectacle unfolding before them. She just glared at me and grabbed my wrist tightly.

"You are betrothed to Victor. I'm sorry, Draco Malfoy is out of the question." My eyes went wide not believe what she was saying. I shook my head, finding it hard to breath and tears tug at the corner of my eyes. I looked back at Draco who was pissed.

"You're not taking her away from me. You can't!" Draco shouted causing more people to stare.

Lucious growled and took hold of Draco forcing him out of the Great Hall, Narcissa and I both calling Draco's name, only I was being withheld so Narcissa was the only one who could run after him. I glanced at Malia and Blaise and saw they were looking at me shocked. Blaise knew what was going to happen but wasn't sure if he should go yet.

"You're coming with me if you're going to be so unruly!" My mother growled and whispered something in my ear and I felt a small burning sensation at my side, looking down I saw my mother's wand pointed at me. What the hell did she do to me?

"No you can't be more than ten feet away from Victor. Come!" With that she appareated off. All of a sudden, I was in my room with my mother, who threw me onto my bed.

"You will be home schooled till the wedding. That way you won't ever see Draco. And you will be living with Victor. Don't try to leave either because you can't." With that, my mother slammed my door and locked me in. I couldn't believe it, was she really doing this?

I couldn't help it; the tears fell from my eyes feeling a great sense of loss. My heart ached and all I could do was scream to see if the pain would stop, but it didn't. My head was pounding and I felt like I was being suffocated. How could this happen?

I heard a knock on my door and I just ignored it, crawling into my bed with the black satin sheets Draco had bought me for my birthday last year and tried to cuddle into them, seeing if he would all of a sudden appear in my arms. They knocked again and then I heard it open.

"Selene?" It was Krum and he was definitely the last person I wanted to see.

"Go away." I heard him sigh, not moving from the doorway.

"I'm sorry about all this."

"GO AWAY!" I yelled looking up at him, my make-up all smeared and my face red. He nodded his head and left me alone to sulk in my misery.

::Draco's P.O.V.::

I had just endured the Crucio spell from my father's wand as we argued and fought about Selene, my mother crying desperately for him to stop. He finally hit her and then dragged her away leaving my pathetic damaged heap to try and recover against the cold stone floor, too hurt to move. That's when Blaise and Malia came running at me.

"Draco!" Malia shouted, frantically searching for any open wounds. I stopped her as Blaise came over and tried to pick me up hanging my arm over his shoulder and Malia taking my other side, walking me up to the common room.

"I can't believe this started as soon as we walk in, this is bullocks." Blaise muttered. I nodded my head feeble when I noticed, Selene wasn't here.

"Selene? Where's Selene?" Malia looked up at me sadly, the tears clearly shown in her eyes.

"Malia?" I looked at Blaise whose face was hard, his cheeks flexing showing how angry he was.

"Her mother took her. We don't know where and it seems she's determined to marry Selene and Victor." My heart stopped and I had no idea what to do. I looked up at Malia desperately, my eyes pleading her.

"Help me get her back?" Malia glared at me, as did Blaise.

"You are a bloody git! Of course we'll help you, stupid!" Blaise scolded, "She's like my sister, the only one who has been there for me." Malia finished. I nodded my head knowing we would think of something. Hoping we would think of something.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SOOO SORRY everyone about how I was late in getting this out and delaying chapter 18 from coming out, I had no internet for almost a month (or that's what it felt like) and I drove myself crazy. My only comfort were my books, but I was quickly running out of those. :D

Hope you all forgive me and praise africanxangel for chapter 18 and hope you liked my chapter as well!