I Could Always Make You Smile

Reality

Taking my seat, beside Selene, I continuously attempted to break my sable eyes away from him. Sadly, it just couldn’t be done. Not for me. Blaise is gorgeous, there is no denying that. Too bad he is him and I am me. This meaning that I’m the shy type.

I’ve always been that way. My head was always buried deep into a book, craving to learn something foreign to my knowledge. This was obviously all the hat saw when it sorted me into Ravenclaw.

Blaise was different, much different than me. Sure he was smart, but it had always seemed as if it simply came to him. Maybe I was wrong; he was always off minding his business, well whenever he wasn’t running around with Draco.

I had guessed that the only reason he was in Slytherin is because people described him as vain. But of course they were Gryffindors. Goodie two shoes bond, by the dispute, to hate Slytherins.

That war was in one word, idiotic. And I blame their rash judgment on the fact on that war. It was as if they were trained to hate each other. Blaise had never been vain to me. He seemed rather fond of me.

This is probably why I’ve liked him for so long, since first year to be exact. And in that time my crush has developed into something more. I couldn’t quite pin point it, but I knew it was something more complex.

“Stop staring, just go talk to him.” Selene whispered. Sighing, I fixed my gaze to her.

“In case you haven’t noticed, a sorting ceremony is taking place.” I informed, pointing toward the first years. “That would just be rude.”

With a roll of her eyes she hit my shoulder, normal behavior to indicate that I was being stupid. “I meant after, or maybe tomorrow. Any time besides this one.”

“Okay then, who am I going to approach.”

She narrowed her eyes. “Don’t play dumb with me. You know that we’re talking about Zabini.”

I let out a large breath, causing some of my piers to stare. “Selene, for once can you just drop it. I do not like him that way.”

“Oh yes you do and you know you do.”

“I know nothing.”

She sighed. “Fine, but you know he’s staring at you.”

“Is he really?” I could hear myself perk up a bit, earning a grin from Selene. I glared at her before checking. “No he isn’t.”

“Who said I was talking about Zabini, I meant Thomas.” I gave my best mate a look of disbelief.

“Dean Thomas?” I glanced over to the Gryffindor table. Sure enough he was smiling at me. I gave Selene a horrified look to see her snickering.

I lightly hit her shoulder. “Malia, you are so gullible, I love you.”

I huffed. “Don’t talk to me.” Still chuckling, she turned to face the front.

I knew that she had figured it out long ago, sad enough as it is. But it is about bloody time for me to stop desiring his touch, imagining his voice, searching for him n my dreams as well as reality.

This year would be different. I would spend this year in reality.