I Could Always Make You Smile

Faraway...

My fingers graced the neck of my guitar gently, moving in time with the music that I heard flowing inside my mind. It was a song that I was very fond of, one of my favorite muggle bands: Apocalyptica. They were a cellists band with amazing views on metal and rock. I loved it and was always lost in their sound, string instruments always attracting me.

"Don't you slip away from me, it's you I live for, don't you leave, no!" I sung along to the chords I put to go along with the song and just closed my eyes enjoying the sounds that were coming from my acoustic guitar.

Sadly, my bliss was ruined by the knocking on my door that brought me back to a reality I wanted so badly to escape from. My mother locked me in my own room, Victor in an adjoining room with me because we couldn't be more than ten feet away from each other without feeling excruciating pain. I hated my mother more than ever now, and I knew I couldn't ever forgive her. I constantly ignored her, the food she would bring up, the pleas to try and talk to Victor and then her drunken outbursts that on more than one occasion Victor has witnessed throughout this past week.

My face was more bruised than it had been in my entire life, my mother taking a vodka bottle to my head, and cuts all over my hands. It killed me to play my guitar but I still did it because it was something I could do, it was something I had to do to try and escape this horrible place.

"Selene?" I looked up to see Victor standing there with a letter in hand. I just looked up at him apathetically, devoid of all emotions since I figured, why should I have any?

"I'm going to send a letter to Draco." I looked up at him shocked and confused. He sat at the edge of my bed keeping distance between the both of us knowing I would kill him if he got close.

"What? Why?" I didn't understand. Why would Victor do something like this for me? Why would he want to go against my mother and possibly up against Lucious Malfoy?

"Because, Selene. I see how miserable you are, no one deserves this. I had no idea your mother treated you in such a way and with this letter, I'm going to try and send one to my parents." I shook my head knowing that wasn't a good idea. 'Dumb bitch'll cheat her way out of anything.'

"They won't get her. Do you know how many times I've been to the hospital wing at Hogwarts and tried to explain every odd cut and bruise? Lots, and even though they suspected something no one dared to say anything because my mother is the widow of my father. As much of a great man he was, he was a bloody idiot for falling for a train wreck." Victor chuckled and nodded his head.

"Send the letter to Draco though?" I nodded my head and hugged him. He was shocked and hugged me back.

"Thank you so much, Victor." He smiled at me sadly, not sure why, but he did and then left my room into his. I guess Victor wasn't such a bad guy after all. Men will be men but maybe some can still be gentlemen at the same time.

----------------------------------------

Dear Malfoy,

I'm writing this to you because I know you must be furious and driving yourself crazy wondering where Selene is. Well she is actually somewhere you probably never thought she would be.

We are at her house, and some things have been going on that you need to know. Selene hasn't been eating and is growing weaker. Her mother has beaten her at least four times because of Selene's relentlessness to not give in to our arranged marriage and I fear for her. I offer to heal her but she refuses.

She aches and cries every night, I hear her through the walls, calling out not only your name but also names of her dear friends in the middle of the night.

Mrs. Torres nears closer to a date and I beg of you to find a way to save both Selene and I because I don't think I can free her from this.

Also, to warn you there is a spell that Mrs. Torres placed on us it keeps Selene and I from being ten feet away from one another. If we are, we experience great pain. Do some research on that if you can, Malfoy.

She needs you.

Sincerely, Victor Krum