I Could Always Make You Smile

Let's Play Pretend

I paced back and forth as I awaited Victor. He must not have been far because the spell wasn't working so he was probably chatting with my mother about something. Soon after I heard a knock on my door. I quickly opened it, taking Victor by the collar of his shirt and dragging him in the room. I closed the door and leaned against it finally breathing realizing I had been holding my breath the entire time.

"Did he write back?" Victor smiled at me and nodded his head. He handed me the letter and I squealed for joy and jumped on my bed, Victor following me.

"You don't know how much I appreciate this, Victor." I hugged him lightly and then opened the letter quickly to see what Draco had written.



Dear Krum,

As much as I would like to say that I hate you, I don't. Thank you very much for writing to me about the whereabouts about Selene and about her well-being. I know how she can get and I do hope you can convince her to start eating and gaining her strength for when I come to rescue her.

Her...friend has not been the best help, only caring about making out with her new beau so it shall just be me. I do hope you will continue writing me about Selene and possibly give her this message for me.

'I love you, Selene. Always.'

Thank you, Krum. You've been of great help.

-Draco Malfoy


"He doesn't even say sincerely." Victor mumbled and I chuckled a bit. I was so confused as to why Draco was reacting so sourly about Malia and Blaise. Sure, my own mother had kidnapped me, but Malia is seeking comfort too. I don't blame her for trying to be with Blaise instead of planning my escape; Malia doesn't need this. Neither does Blaise.

"I know he's a prick. Mind If I write a small letter? And then you can write yours?" Victor smiled and shook his head.

"Of course not. I'll go write mine now so that I can send it off quickly." I looked at Victor, and remembered why I had had a crush on him. He was very handsome and such a gentlemen at that. I could see why my mother would want me to be with Victor instead of Draco since Draco's reputation was of a womanizer, but that wasn't her reasoning behind trying to marry me off to Victor. He had a promising career in Quidditch and his family also had more money than even the Malfoy's could ever have. That was her reasoning behind all this.

"Thank you so much. You know, if I didn't already have Draco, I guess you wouldn't be so bad Victor." I could see him blush slightly as we both laughed. He patted my head and got up to go through the door that connected our two rooms. I sighed and then looked over at my desk.

"Stupid Draco." I muttered and walked over, pulling out a fresh piece of parchment and a quill. I started writing my letter back to him telling him exactly what was on my mind.


My dearest Draco,

What in bloody hell is the matter with you?! Malia, I know for a fact is thinking of a plan RIGHT NOW to try and get me out. Draco understand that Malia has been alone for a long time, it's just been her and me. I was the one who went out and dated not her.

Blaise and her don't really need this stress but you have to understand that right now they find comfort in each other. So, try not to make my kidnapping a big bloody deal and tell them that you know where I am! Malia is much smarter than you love, so she'll figure out how to come and get me. She'll also be the one to figure out how to break the curse that was put on Victor and I, understood?

So...you better make up with Malia now before I find a way to curse you through a letter.

Yours always,
Selene Torres

P.S. I love you too, Draco.


I looked it over and then folded it up and was about to go knocking on Victor's door when my mother came crashing in.

"What is it mother?" She glared at me and I quickly hid the letter behind me. She scowled looking me over seeing if I was up to something.

"Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we go dress shopping." My mouth dropped as she smirked and then left my room. Dress shopping?! WHAT IN BLOODY HELL?! Right when I was about to march out to go fight with her Victor came running in and held onto my shoulders.

"Calm down, I have my own plan to make your mother ease up on us. You might not like it but it may be the only way to gain your freedom much easier." I eyed him up and down wondering what he had up his sleeve.

"When did you think of this?" Victor bit his lip, when I realized he was holding an envelope in one hand.

"When your mother told me this afternoon that we would be going out to shop. Are you willing to listen to my plan?" I took a breath and thought about it. How bad can his plan be?

“Okay, what is it?”

“We pretend like we’re getting along and that we want to get married.” Okay, maybe it is that bad!

“What in bloody hell? No! Victor I’m no pretending to be in love with you.” He looked at me seriously and took his hands from off my shoulder.

“Think about it Selene, if we pretend that we are getting along, your mother will leave you alone and Draco will have a better chance of coming. Your friends probably more than Draco, but you shouldn’t let Draco know.” I thought about it and it did make sense. If I pretended to be in love with Victor, my friends could come to the wedding because I would ‘convince’ them that I don’t love Draco anymore and when Draco would come he would be furious. He can’t fake being jealous. Draco was never a really good actor…only when it came to lying to girls.

“Alright, okay. I’ll do it but it has to happen gradually. If we just all of a sudden wake up liking each other she’ll know something’s up.” He nodded his head and then held out his hand. I smiled and handed him the letter and he placed it in the envelope.

“Victor…?” He looked up at me smiling softly. I felt bad using him, I felt bad putting him in this miserable situation.

“Hmm?”

“I’m sorry for getting you mixed up in this.” He kept that same smile on and just shook his head.

“Never you mind that. I’ll go send this off. You relax and actually eat something tonight.” He kissed my forehead and then went off into the other room. He truly was sweet. Made me wonder if he had someone he loved waiting for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are welcomed! Sorry for the wait!