I Could Always Make You Smile

Special Agent Malia on the Case

Selene rolling her eyes, Victor looking incredibly bored, and Mrs. Torres having a blast as she passed many wedding gowns. This all only meant one thing to me, that I need to hurry.

Mrs. Torres in no way, shape, or form was going to waste any time marrying off her daughter. Breaking my concentration I fell to the out date tile floor and began crying rapidly. Blaise enveloped me as my tears rested onto his shoulder.

“You cannot keep doing that Malia,” he spoke reaching for the plug which would drain the sink for which I was looking in.

“No, don’t, I have to keep connecting with her. I don’t have a plan right now and I have to know what I’m already up against,” I explained.

“Poor little Malia, looks like the braniac can’t even get her best mate out of this mess. Hm, the one thing she can’t solve,” Myrtle commented.

“That’s enough Myrtle, don’t you have anything better to do?” Blaise defended.

“You think that’s funny aye!” She flipped out coming close to him. “Maybe you should worry less about me and more about your smutty mate!”

“Myrtle, I swear to Merlin that if you say on more bad thing about Selene that I will bring you back to life just so that I can kill you myself,” I stated. “That is a promise, I assure you.”

She sighed, sitting on the edge of the water-infested sink. “Can’t say I’ve never heard that one before,” she commented boredly. I glared at her and reached for my wand.

“I don’t think that’s necessary, she’s right.”

“And what do you know about it Draco?” I spoke his name with a slightly questioning in my voice. Slowly I turned to see the platinum blonde git and stood. “How nice of you to join us; we’re only trying to save your girlfriend after all.”

“No need to get nasty Malia. I know what I did was wrong; I overreacted, so what else is new.”

“Certainly not the situation,” I mumbled. Draco scrambled with a piece of parchment. “Please say that’s a spell or at least a plan.”

He looked up amused. “What, you haven’t thought of anything yet?”

I glared at him. “If I did I wouldn’t be wasting my time with you right now.” He shook his head. “What the bloody hell is so amusing?”

He waved the parchment in the air as if a white flag and walked closer. My eyes never left his as he held the paper to me. I snatched it from his hands. “It’s from Selene; she seems to think that you’re the girl with the golden plan.”

I read it over, my reaction staying solemn. “She also states that you’re an idiot-can’t say I disagree- and that I’ve been alone for most of my life. What does this prove?”

Draco glanced back to Blaise, who in turn sighed and strolled our way. “What it means is that she is okay and that she has a way of reaching us,” Blaise explained. “So you can stop worrying and become more focused.”

“That’s the problem! Don’t you two dimwits get it? I’m fresh out of ideas and for once-I’m sorry to say-that you can’t depend on me for your millionaire answer.”

“Yes we can,” Draco corrected. “We all have faith in you and most importantly Selene trusts that you can do it.” He took the parchment away from me. “She trusts that you’ll save her Malia,” he whispered, his eyes never leaving the letter.

I was tired of weeping over this whole screwed up ordeal. But the truth is life sucks, but that’s no good reason to shut out the world. “I’ve got an idea.”