I Could Always Make You Smile

Not Really Pretend?

After the dress shop from hell my mother decided that we should make our way to a small cafe in London that served great butter-beers if I remembered correctly and said that she had to run an errand by herself. She gave me the money and ushered Victor and I into the cafe and then ran off.

"Oh, Merlin, will this ever be over?" I let out an exaggerated sigh and Victor chuckled at me. We walked over to a small table that was seated for two and patiently waited for a waitress to come over.

"I never thought it would be so hard to pretend that we don't get along, but that we do." I mumbled resting my head in my hand looking up at Victor solemnly.

"I know. But it's working, don't you think? She left us alone." I thought about it, and he was right. Before she would never leave us alone in fear of me trying to run away, despite the excruciating pain.

"I guess so. So when do we start holding hands and whatnot?" I let out a nervous chuckle knowing that when it came down to the more serious stuff, I would have a slightly more difficult time. But, I am Selene Torres, the deviant of Ravenclaw, so I can do this.

I think.

"I think we should hold hands," Victor's hand slowly crept to mine and grasped it, "now. She'll see that we've had an engaging conversation and see that we are growing upon each other." I held my breath as he grasped my hand, my heart beginning to beat faster than a racehorse.

"O-okay." Sadly, the one person I really didn't want to see was standing right beside us.

"Getting along nicely, Ms. Torres?" There was Lucious Malfoy standing there with that stupid smirk on his face. I looked down at my hand in Victor's and was about to pull away when Victor gave just the smallest shake of his head to let me know that we had to do this. We had to fool, everyone.

"As a matter of fact, yes." I answered back raising an eyebrow at him. He looked slightly taken aback by my bold comment but then a malicious smile came across his face.

"My son must be utterly heart broken. I can't wait to attend the wedding Ms. Torres, or shall I call you, Mrs. Krum?" With that he left snickering at the both of us. My head fell to the table just as a waitress came and asked to take our order.

"Two, butter-beers. And a chocolate muffin." Victor ordered and I looked up at him from the table. He smiled at me knowing that what I needed was some chocolate.

"How'd you know?" He chuckled and started caressing the top of my hand with his thumb.

"I noticed that when youユre stressed you go to your secret stash of chocolate that's hidden in a compartment within the drawer of your desk." I began laughing, sitting up and looking at him amazed.

"You really pay attention huh?" Victor blushed slightly and looked away.

"You notice things like that with certain people." I looked at him shocked, hoping in my mind that he wasn't implying what I think he was.

"Vic-"

"Selene!" My mother hollered and made her way over to the both of us. She looked down at us holding hands and began to smile wildly.

"I told you he would grow on you. The both of you will be very happy together, I'm so happy you two are trying to get along!" I looked up at her sadly, not really knowing what to feel. "Oh sweetie, don't give me that look. You'll soon forget about Draco Malfoy."

I didn't want to forget about Draco Malfoy. No, I loved him so very much. I held my breath trying very hard not to cry and when the butter-beer and my muffin came I dived right into it.

"Selene!" She slapped my muffin away and glared at me. I was about ready to kill her.

"You need to stay thin to make sure you fit in your dress." She was kidding right? Somebody please bloody tell me that she is kidding!

However, that look on her face told me she was very serious. Great! Just perfect! Now my own mother is going to starve me and I think Victor is beginning to like me. This could be a bad thing, considering we are supposed to be pretending that we're slowly falling for each other.

Merlin! Malia please, I really hope you get me out of this soon! Any longer here I might get sucked into all this wedding crap.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please! We'd really love 'em!