I Could Always Make You Smile

A Plea For Freedom

Breathe in, breathe out, right foot, left foot. There was way too many people here for me to relax. Breathe in, breathe out, right foot, left root. I had to get out of here, there was no way I was going to be able to do this.

Blaise grabbed my hand and grazed my knuckles with his thumb. “Malia, if you begin to hyperventilate this will never work.” I gave him an irritated look and he placed a kiss on my forehead. “I’m sorry.”

“No you’re right.”

“And you’re brilliant for thinking up this plan. Its going to work, you just need to relax and do what you have to for this to go smoothly.” I scanned my surroundings. There were guards everywhere.

“Mrs. Torres has probably thought of everything. She’s pulled out all the bells and whistles for this Blaise.”

“Ah, Malia, it’s so wonderful to see you. My dear you look just adorable!” Mrs. Torres greeted beaming. A smile crept onto my face as I shook my head, giving her thanks. “And Blaise, how are you dear?”

“Just fine Mrs. Torres. Everything looks glorious.”

“How is Selene, nervous I expect,” I interrupted.

“Of course, of course. Oh she was just so happy when she heard the news of you two being present today.”

“Can I see her?”

Mrs. Torres sighed and shook her head. “I’m not too sure about that Malia.”

“Please, I haven’t seen in her in so long. It’d only be me and I could possibly calm her down.” Indecisive git. “Maybe help her with those last minute touches. There are still many guests left to greet.”

“Very well then, this way.” I shook my head, grabbing my purse and standing. I turned to Blaise and gave him a quick kiss before scurrying behind Mrs. Torres.

We went down an assortment of hallways and passed a variety of doors before we finally reached one at the end of the hall. Mrs. Torres nodded her head, letting me know I was able to head in and she left.

Taking a large breath I reached for the handle and opened the door. An array of light blinded me for a short while before I went in, examining the room, trying to find Selene. I found her in the bathroom looking down at all her guests, cursing them all.

“You called for a rescue?” I questioned startling her. Her pale face brightened as she immediately embraced me.

“My Merlin Malia, what took you so bloody long? I’ve been here waiting for ages; I thought that I would actually have to go through with this torture.”

“I miss you too,” I stated searching through my purse. “Here drink this.”

“Malia, if this wouldn’t work last time than what makes you think…”

“Because this is the real thing. That was only the starter potion.” I rolled my eyes as she gave me a dazed look. “Just drink it already. Draco and Harry will be here to get you. Go with Hermione and Ron.”

“Wait, who?”

“With such a change in plans we had to bring some extra baggage,” I spoke setting her down in her bleached vanity seat. “Your mother is a clever woman,” I smirked. Selene gulped down the vile of frosted liquid. “Keep a sharp eye out, keep up the disguise and you’ll be fine.”

I began walking out when Selene stopped me. “What am I listening for?”

“An owls hoot,” I said quickly making my way out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I know, the description sucked. But the title wasn't so bad...