I Could Always Make You Smile

Wedding Crashers

An owl's hoot...An owl's hoot...

I thought about it as I paced back and forth in the room my mother put me in so that I could get ready and prepped in. I was so nervous that this wasn't going to work and I knew all the guards that were posted up in the house were on the look out for a kid with bright blonde hair.

"May I come in?" I sighed knowing it was Victor. I was sitting down in the wedding dress my mother made me get, a halter top wedding gown that dropped all the way down in the back to the edge of my back leaving it all exposed. I felt overly dressed for something that I didn't even want to be apart of my mother having me wearing heals, my hair straight instead of it's natural curls, and make-up done so intricately. I let out a frustrated growl and somehow this meant 'come in' to Victor.

"I know you're upset," I looked up at him extremely pissed.

"I'm beyond upset Victor! I don't want to marry you!" Victor looked hurt by what I had said and yes, I felt bad about it but it was the truth. I wasn't going to deny myself the truth.

"You kissed me back." How dare he?

"It was a split second you know I didn't mean it! Get out now Victor!" Just then I heard music start to play, meaning that it was time for everyone to start walking down the isle. My heart started to beat faster not knowing how exactly this was going to happen and work out.

"I'm not going out there." Victor looked at me sternly and that's when I remembered what Malia said, '...keep up the disguise and you’ll be fine.” I had to keep up the disguise.

"Selene, you have to." Victor stated and I looked up at him and gave him one of the fakest smiles I could muster up.

"Right, I'll be there don't worry." Victor looked slightly taken aback by my sudden change in attitude but nodded his head and then left. I walked over to the mirror and stared at myself. I looked miserable. What's supposed to be a girl's happiest day of her life and here I am wanting someone to do an unforgivable curse on me. I looked at my bouquet and my veil and took a deep breath. It was now or never.

I walked down the isle slowly looking at everyone's faces seeing them staring at me in awe. I spotted Blaise and Malia who gave me a reassuring smile and wondered where the rest of the cavalry was.

I finally made it down to the end of the isle where Victor stood smiling brightly at me. He removed my veil and gently kissed my cheek. I just gave him another fake smile as I saw one of the guards behind the priest eye twitch. I shrugged it off and stared at the priest. My heart pounding even harder I could've sworn I was about to have a heart attack, and when the priest was about to say those words of, "Do you so and so," A spell was shot out at him and he fell to the ground. I screamed acting like a bride who had just had her dream wedding crashed and looked around not being able to see anything. Then another spell was shot at Victor then my mother.

All of a sudden a cans rolled all around the room and smoke spewed from them. I felt hands grab me and I started to panic. I struggled hard against them; when an unfamiliar voice whispered in my ear, "hoot."

'An owl's hoot.' That was the signal I was supposed to be listening for! These guards weren't guards at all! I grabbed onto one of them and they took me and ran off. I looked up at him to see he had long blonde hair and I had never in my life seen him before. Where were Draco and Harry? The other was following close behind all out the back door, coughing and tearing as we escaped the smoke filled rooms. Once we were outside, Malia and Blaise were there waiting with a bunch of brooms in hand, I instantly recognized one as Draco's.

"Come on, we don't have much time before they figure out the bride's missing!" Blaise commented and handed the tall dark haired guard Draco's broom and the longhaired blonde what I remembered to be Harry's broom. Just then Ron and Hermione ran out coughing with some sort of cloak in Ron's arms.

"Here," Blaise handed Ron his broom and Hermione hopped on back taking the cloak. I hopped on with the tall dark haired guard that I believed to be Draco in disguise and Malia hopped on with Blaise. We all took off in an instant to make sure no one would follow us.

"Where are we going?" I asked no one in particular as the blonde smiled back at me and answered, "My place, Black Manor." It was Harry for sure now. I could see his own brown hair poking out from the blonde. I looked at Draco to see if I would see his own features or not, and sure enough there he was, glaring at Harry as he followed him up in the air.

"I'm so happy you came for me." I hugged Draco tightly and nestled my head into his back. I was tired; I didn't get any sleep the night before worrying about actually having to go through with it all.

"You knew I would. Rest love." Draco whispered back at me. So I did just that as we made our way to Harry's place. I didn't even think about all the after affect this would have on all of us. No, all that mattered was that my arms were safely wrapped around Draco.

My only fear that lay in the back of my mind; was how long would I have my arms wrapped around him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to get out! Keep an eye out for 30!!