I Could Always Make You Smile

Penny For Your Thoughts?

I sat at the desk that was provided for me in my room. We were lucky that Harry was being so generous to us, even if that was his way. I couldn’t shake the feeling that we were always a step behind our enemy. I also had been feeling watched lately, but shook it off, thinking I was just being paranoid.

Or maybe the scary thoughts that it was Dean, stalking through the halls of Hogwarts, never a step too far from me, but close enough, though hidden. But now that I was at Black Manor the feeling was still lingering. And in some way I felt dirty, it bothered me to no end.

It couldn’t be Dean; he was back at Hogwarts, most likely in some class; precisely where I should be right now. On the other hand my splitting headache was enough to convince me otherwise.

“Penny for your thoughts love?” I turned to see Blaise approaching me. I shook my head, smiling.

“It’s nothing, just tired I guess.” Nodding he came to a halt. He glanced over to the bed and sat down, patting the vacant spot beside him with a devilish grin. I slid under the sheets and lay in his protective embrace.

Somehow Blaise made me feel as if nothing horrible could happen. As if he was my guardian angel. Closing my eyes, I let my head rest on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. It wasn’t until he said something that the feeling of paranoia rushed over me once again.

“Malia, you don’t have to worry anymore. Selene is fine, we all are.”

“I know,” I mumbled.

“You can’t be a mother to us Malia.” I chuckled.

“A mother?” He laughed along.

“Yes a mother, you do that all the time. It’s your nature, you care too much.” I looked up at him in disbelief. “I’m here Malia. I know you were worried about Selene, a little too much at times. But I wasn’t going to leave you, I won’t ever leave you.”

This was the moment of truth. I held his warm stare, knowing my eyes held sadness. I wanted to tell him so bad, I truly did, but what would he do? Things would just be ruined, I know it would.

That’s just how these kinds of things ended up. The girl is stupid enough to think that she knows exactly how he’s feeling, when really he’s thinking to polar opposite. And then she ends up crushed because she knows that she can’t believe that she’s been so stupid this whole time.

Just do it Malia, stop being such a pussy and do it.

“I love you.”

Nothing.

“I knew it,” I spoke breathless. I moved to get out of the bed when he grabbed my arm. He opened his mouth to speak when a knock was heard.

“Sorry to interrupt, but dinner is served,” I nodded to the house elf and she left.

I swiftly slipped away from Blaise, moving at a rather quickening pace. “Malia, hold on,” he called after me. It was too late, I was already sobbing endlessly. Covering my mouth, I began running toward the bathroom.

And that’s when it happened. That’s went everything went dark.