I Could Always Make You Smile

Goodbye, Malia.

I held my breath for a moment. Staring into Lucius' cold dark eyes. I knew that look; it was a look Draco used to give me when we were younger. As kind as he was to me, he was still so cruel in many other ways also.

I shook my head, trying to get the thought of Draco out, knowing it would only sadden me more. I looked at him sternly and smirked. His own flattering for just a second but only a second before it came back to the Malfoy smirk we all knew and 'loved'.

"You get me...only if, and ONLY Lucius...if Draco, Blaise, Malia, and anyone else who helped me escape are left alone. Trust me, I won't be easy to catch this time." I growled and he looked at me shocked. Just then, my mother came up from behind us in the doorway and I quickly yelled, "Petrificus totalus!"

She instantly fell to the ground, I turned to face Lucius who was looking at both me and Malia incredibly shocked, and she stood there with her wand pointed at him. I had slipped it to her once I knew it was the real Malia I was facing and not a fake. Such a silly trick they thought they could pull.

"Y-You won't get away, we'll just come after you!" I rolled my eyes and walked over to him, smacking him across the face.

"You git! You're as thick headed as your bloody son! Listen to me! I'm still giving myself to you and my mother understand?" Malia glanced at me shocked. She thought I was going to escape with her but I knew I couldn't not when everyone would be in trouble for hiding me.

"You're not coming with me, Selene? You have to!" I shook my head knowing this would devastate her.

"Malia, you have to go back alone. Otherwise, they'll always come after us. I'll be fine, marrying Victor won't be so bad." I gave her a fake smile and she knew it was fake. She knew I was only putting it on to try and show her that she needed to be brave.

"But...what about Draco?" Lucius smirked and ran a hand through his hair.

"He will be marrying Pansy Parkinson. If you stay here with your mother and marry Draco I'll give you my word Ms. Torres that no harm will come to them." I snickered knowing Draco would never marry Pansy, that sniveling witch.

"Your word, Malfoy?" I asked looking at his hand, which he had, extended, placing his wand back in his cane.

"I swear. No threats to any of them if you stay."

"For any reason?" I asked knowing that if Draco refused to marry Pansy this might be able to help him.

"I swear." I pulled out a piece of parchment that I had stolen from the Ministry. It was a binding contract that was bewitched to punish those who signed the paper with horrid amounts of pain for a year for breaking the contract and they would be sent to the Ministry to be judged on their crime of breaking the bound contract after the year of pain was up.

"Sign this," I wrote up the agreement on the piece of parchment and Lucius gave me a weak smirk. He knew what this paper was, he knew what would happen if he signed it. He took a breath and then signed it. I smirked knowing eventually; Lucius would break it by losing his temper and hurting Draco. I would be free in no time.

"Good. I'll have my mother sign later." With that he, huffed and then appareated off to Merlin knows where. My mother still petrified I knew I would have to take her with me and discuss things in further detail back at the house.

I looked at Malia who looked at me sadly. She was holding back tears her battered face contorted with such pain and sadness. I knew I was doing the right thing; I couldn't bring them any more harm. And my planning assured that they wouldn't be harmed.

"You're really going through with this?" I smiled at her feebly and brought her in for a hug.

"Malia, I'll be free in no time. You know Lucius' temper. The moment he hits Draco, I'm free." Malia thought about it for a moment knowing that it was most likely true. She took a deep breath and hugged me tight.

"I love you, Selene." Silent tears ran down my face, a small voice inside telling me I would never see her again. I was afraid that the voice would be right, that I would never see Malia again. I prayed that it would be wrong.

"I love you too, Malia. Tell Blaise and Draco that I love them too okay? You be good." Malia chuckled her own tears falling down her face.

"You know I am." I smiled and then in a pop, she was gone.

'Merlin, please let me see them again...someday.'
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!! Hope you all enjoy! The next chapter is THE LAST! BUT There will be a sequel not sure if I will be posting it or africanangel but keep on the look out after the next chapter where we'll probably give you details on it all so don't forget to read the next one!