I Could Always Make You Smile

Sealed With A...

I boredly poked my lunch. All week Dean had been attached to my hip, like a leech. He had long since gotten on my nerves and I felt like I was going to explode. I looked up and caught him staring at me. He smiled and I sent him a small one.

I broke our contest and scanned the Great Hall. No Selene. She was the only person I felt like being around, but she was never near me. Well except class, but I don’t speak during that time.

She had been spending all her time with Draco, convinced that if she did that he wouldn’t be so mad if she was caught with Harry tomorrow. I tried telling her, in the short time that I had seen her that her plan would statistically fail. But Selene isn’t one to listen.

“Ah, stop woman! You know you’re beginning to give me the wrong impression.” I heard Draco speak. Selene’s laughter shortly followed.

I sighed and stood. “Where are you going, you haven’t eaten anything.” Dean spoke.

“I had a big breakfast.”

“No you didn’t.” See what I mean!? He probably knows what I ate down to the last grain! I mean I know the boy wants me, but damn!

“Well I’m simply not hungry. I think I’ll just go to the library.” He began to get up and my eyes grew larger with each movement. “No, no, no, you stay, I’ll go. Trust me; I can study on my own.”

He seemed a bit saddened by my comment, but I couldn’t even think right now. Draco was getting closer and I was already fuming from Dean being so close. As I gathered my books I was stopped by a somewhat muscular frame.

“Malia, I thought you and Thomas were over.” Slowly I glared up to Draco.

“I’m sorry I don’t speak git.” He smirk fell off his face, causing me to smile and stroll away. A lot of things have changed since that day. One of them being that I hate Draco Malfoy. He ruined my still non existent love life.

As I entered the library I saw those fairly familiar facial features. At that moment I couldn’t tell you what I was thinking. I just stomped over there, dropping my books down on the wooden table, grabbed him by the collar, and dragged him to an isolated isle.

“What is your problem? Is there something going on that I don’t know about? If there is why don’t you just tell me?” I whispered angrily.

“Malia I haven’t a clue what you’re talking about.”

“Oh really?” He sighed in a bored manner. “Than tell me, why does it seem as if everyone knows something I don’t?”

“That’s between you and them, don’t drag me into it.”

“You’ve been involved from the beginning and I think you very well know what part you’ve played.”

A mix of anger and tension came across his face. “Don’t do this, not here, not like this.”

“And why should I?” Silence, no movement, only gazing. And then it happened, just like a dream. Only the movement was so quick that the shock hit me after it ended. It was intense in a way and I reacted boldly. This is when he hastily walked away, not daring to look me in the eye. I let out a sigh.

Well that wasn’t how I planned it.

Our first kiss.