I Could Always Make You Smile

Big Green Monster

I growled as I made my way secretly to the small little tavern here in Hogsmed, fumed. Malia had been acting all weird after she got back from lunch not even speaking to me. I had no idea what was going on with her but I knew something was up. It had to be, especially since Blaise was acting really weird in the carriage coming over here. They really didn't want me to leave them, but Malia knew I had that...date thing...with Potter.

Then there was Draco. Bloody Draco left us and told us that he was going to go see Stacy Wagner. Some chick in Slytherin with him that he's no doubt shagging. Bloody git, I hate him. And don't any of you tell me other wise, I hate him and that's that!

Maybe...oh Merlin, I hate being a woman.

I quickly snuck passed the shrunken head that guarded the tavern and made my way inside, searching for Potter. There he was, sitting with his friends chatting away. Granger and Wealsy, they were like some odd trio. I guess you could say Draco, Blaise, Malia, and I were like them in a sense.

I walked over and smiled at them all, being polite of course, I never really liked Granger since she always tried to show me and Malia off but always failing. We're Ravenclaw's, never try to out smart a Ravenclaw. Weasly, well I didn't really know him and had nothing against him. They were the ones who simply despised me because of the people I was acquainted with. I was extremely shocked when Potter had asked me here since he was the one who hated Draco with a passion and was all about friendship and loyalty. I would think he would want to respect his friend's and not want to date someone who was the best friend of the person who called your friend a mudblood. I bloody hated that phrase. I'm sure Granger knew nothing of that.

"Hi." I whispered and Potter stood up.

"Glad you could make it. If you'll excuse me guys." Granger huffed and Weasly just rolled his eyes. I tried not to yell at them and cause a scene but really was trying my patience.

"We'll see you later, Harry." The two got up and walked out, glaring at me the entire time. I sighed and sat down as Potter sat down after me, taking the seat across from me. A waitress passed by and he yielded her.

"Two butter beers please?" She nodded her head smiling and walked off. I looked at Potter and then down at the table. The intensely awkward atmosphere wasn't any better here than it was when I was with Malia and Blaise.

"I'm sure you're wondering why I asked you to accompany me here." I smiled at him and nodded my head. It was a bit odd, like I stated before.

"Yea, I mean since I am best mates with Draco and all." He smiled at me and stared deeply into my eyes. I never realized how intense his green eyes were.

"I know. It's just...I can see you're different than Draco. My friends not so much but...I think your pretty, your strong, and you definitely don't follow a crowd." I laughed and took my butter beer from the lady thanking her. I blew on it gently and then took a sip, it warming me from the inside.

"Really? So, you like me, Potter?" He blushed hard and laughed nervously. He was pretty cute.

"Please, call me Harry. And, yea, I guess you could say that." He looked me straight in the eyes and I got a slight tingle. Don't tell me I'm actually starting to like this guy?

"Okay, Harry. How long have you liked the deviant Selene Torres?" He chuckled and reached for my hand. My breath got caught in my throat as I felt an odd tingle creep up my hand.

"About a year. I've always admired you, Selene" I blushed slightly looking down at the table. I looked back up and saw that Po-Harry was still staring at me. I didn't know it but we were slowly leaning into each other, the only thing between us was the wooden table that our butter beers sat upon.

"Would you...mind if I kissed you, Selene?" I kept glancing between those bright green eyes and his full pink lips. Should I? Would it be so wrong? It's not like Draco was around -- wait! What the hell am I saying, this is bullocks, and I don't need bloody Draco to worry about. I'm going to kiss whoever I want! And I want to kiss Harry.

"I might hex you if you don't." He chuckled and leaned in and gave me a deep kiss. I waited for it but...it never came. That spark, that passion, not even the slight flutter of a butterfly. We pulled away and I smiled at him feebly slightly upset that I didn't feel anything but before either of us were to say anything a butter beer glass flew right in between us. I let out a small yelp and looked towards the person who threw it. There he was, fuming in anger, his face red, and his fists clenched.

"Draco!" He then went to attack Harry but I got in the way and he punched me hard in the stomach. I broke out into a fit of coughs and heard the door to the tavern open and close.

"Selene!" It was Malia. She ran to my side and I leaned into her trying to regain my breath. She glared at Draco who was staring at me looking horrified. Blaise ran in, saw the whole scene, and understood what was going on.

"Draco, you bloody idiot! Come on." Blaise grabbed him by the wrist as Stacy complained and screeched about how horrible Draco was for getting jealous over another girl. Once they were finally out Harry came to my side looking extremely worried.

"Are you okay? You shouldn't have done that I could've taken it! Oh, Selene." Malia looked at him shocked that he was using my first name but then shook her head helping me up.

"Why'd you do that! Draco might go and commit suicide now!" Malia scolded me and Harry looked at her shocked.

"What? Why would he do that?" Malia glared at him and sighed.

"There's a lot about Draco you don't know. Hurting Selene was the last thing he ever wants to do." Harry was silent. He had no idea that Draco was like that towards me. He knew he didn't understand completely but there was a special relationship between Draco, and me he just didn't know Draco would be so jealous.

"I'll be fine you two. Nothing but a small bruise. All I need is some ice and I'll be fine. I really should talk to Draco." Malia shook her head helping me out, Harry also trying to help.

"No, I'll talk to him. You need to rest, he intended on punching Potter pretty hard." I chuckled but it only brought me pain so I stopped. I nodded my head and Harry carried me into a carriage.

"I can handle it from here, thanks." Malia gave him a small smile and he nodded his head.

"I'll talk to you later, kay?" He smiled at me and gave a small nod. I waved to him and the carriage started to make it's way back to the castle.

"You'll really talk to him?" Malia smiled at me and hugged me but not to tightly.

"Of course, he needs to know how much of a bloody prick he is. Who better than to tell him but me?" I smiled and rested my head on her shoulder. I could always count on my best friend.