Reinvent Love.

2

"Kaytee Mauds, well I never. Your looking good." William winked. I frowned at the towering figure standing next to me. "My, my - haven't you grown?" he smirked, learing at me.
I crossed my arms protectively over my chest. "How can I help you, Bill?"

"What did you say to Adam?"

"Nothing."

"Shut up Kaytee - we all know you did. So spill."

"I said NOTHING! OK?"

"He was just trying to be friendly."

I laughed, "'Course he was."

"Your a big-headed bitch sometimes, you know that? You never-"

"You never used to be. Yeah, yeah: I've heard it all before. And besides - you used to think up much more original comebacks."

"You coming to our show tonight?"

"Whats with the sudden topic change? And no, I'm not. And I don't plan to either."

"I realised you weren't going to crack. And why?"

I shrugged, "It's not really my scene. Besides - I'm busy."

"Doing what? Walking around town blind drunk in the early hours of the morning?"

"No."

"Well what? Have you at least got a job? I mean, you could at least be a hooker with a body like that-"

I gasped, how fucking dare he!, and slapped him hard across the face. "Shut the fuck up! How dare you copare me to people like that!"

"Hmm... I guess I deserved that, right?"

"Right." I frowned.

"Well since you have nothing better to do, come down town and watch us play."

"No."

"Great! I'll see you at nine." He said, turning around and walking back towards the guys.

What was this kid on? "I said I'm not coming Bill! And plus - I don't have a ticket!"

"Well, just go 'round back and tell them I sent you," he winked, "See you at nine gorgeous."

And he has the cheek to say I'm bigheaded.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I err - sorry, Alex." I apologised down the phone.

"Aw, but why Kaytee? I've had this planned for ages!"

"Sorry... but I can't reget my own Nan-"

"So? I booked you first!"

"I'm not some fucking object you 'book' to have time with!"

"Sorry-"

"Hmph, well. I have to go now. Bye, Alex. Love you!"

"I love you too Kaytee." He sighed, and regectedly hung up the phone.

Shit, I thought, What the fuck am I doing regecting a date with my boyfriend to go and be squashed in a small, sweaty room full of strangers, to watch a band who hates me, and vice versa?!

"Ah well," I sighed, locking my front door, "At least none of my friends know where I'm going tonight. Oh God... If they ever found out..."