Reinvent Love.

3

"Well... is she there?!" I asked hopefully, as Michael walked back through the door, after scanning the back of the building for Kaytee.

"Nope." He said, jumping onto the couch.

I looked at my watch, which told me that it was ten past nine. "She's ten minutes late!"

"Geez, girls are always 'fashionably late' Bill. Get over it." The Butcher said, stopping his warm up skills to frown over at me.

"Yeah...well not for me, not being bigheaded or anything, but ya'know... they're always... THERE when I tell them to be." I said, turning to gaze out of the window at the assembling crowd below.

"Which means its probably a good thing that she's not here yet. To teach you some patience and that your not Gods gift to women." Mike said.

"Pfft, coming from YOU?! The guy it took SEVEN YEARS to ask out his girlfriend?!"

"So what?! At least I'm in LOVE. What are you Bill? Sleeping with anybody you want and countless onenight stands? Yeah... I know which one I prefer." He spat at me before turning and running out of the room.

"Well done William." Sisky said returning to the room, "Now he's gonna be pissed all night!"

"Shut-up Sisky." I grumbled, continuing to stare out of the window.

"Did she even say she was definitely coming?" Michael asked.

"Well... technically no... but she wouldn't not come. I mean-"

"Sooooooo, she's not coming then?" Butcher said.

I sighed defeated, "Probably not."
We sat in silence for about ten minutes, each contemplating our own problems in our heads.

Suddenly Mike stormed back in, "We're on in five" he frowned, grabbing a soda - downing it in one - and marching back out of the room.

- - - - - - -

It was near the beginning of Unexpected Places that I saw her. Standing at the back, leaning on the bar, where else would she be? "But you've got your concerns, about the people we see and all the secrets we're keeping" I sang, gazing straight into her eyes - well; I hope I was. I withdrew my gaze fro her and decided to show her what she was missing by posing for the cameras and getting the crowd going.
"Is the way to carry on?" I sang, signaling the end of the song - and the end of the show.

"She's here!" I grinned at Michael as we walked offstage.

"Knew she'd come round eventually mate. Maybe she got caught up in traffic-"

"Ah well. She's here now." I said, heading towards the showers so I could freshen up before meeting here again.

I came out fifteen minutes later, much cleaner and better smelling, and bumped into Mike.
"Oh, hey Mike. Look... sorry about before. I was just a bit stressed out and-"

"Look, its OK. Its in the past."

"Seen Kaytee anywhere?"

"Erhm... no sorry, can't say I have." He said, heading outside.

I marched back down to the backstage area, questioning everyone I saw about wether or not they had seen Kaytee, and if they did not know who she was I gave them a quick description; "pink fringe, beautiful smile, amazing eyes!". In the end, I went and looked for myself - walking around the parking lot three times before conceding defeat and admitting to myself that she probably didn't want to meet me afterall...