Whisper Sweet Nothings and Promise Me Love

One

Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz the third was once again in the diner around the corner from his house. The girl who worked there made his heart race faster when he saw her, and like some desperate teenager he just wished she noticed him. The boy was 18 and was a confident, arrogant guy; everything she did not want in a boy but stupidity blinded him and he thought his cocky manner made him irresitable.

She sighed noticing him in the same booth he sat at every day now. It had started once a week, then it slowly ascended to every single day, ordering from her, the same meal. Fries, hamburger with no relish and a bottle of coke. She desperately wanted to tell him how fat he was going to get, how many spots, she wanted to wipe that smirk off his face once and for all but hey, its her job to serve him.

Today however, he was planning on getting to know her better.

“What can I get you?” She asked, after taking the short walk to his booth, smiling through her distaste of him.

“Your name and number.” He smirked. She rolled her eyes.

“Th usual hamburger then?”

“No okay, what is your name?” He asked, hopefully.

“Lexie.” She was getting tired now and just wanted her bed.

“How old are you?” Inside him, butterflies threatened to beat their wings so hard they'd escape his coccoon stomach.

“I'm not at liberty to divulge that information.” She got out her waitress notebook and pencil. “What do you want to order sir?” She asked again trying to hold her patience.

“Okay, well you'll need to give me that information if we go on a date. So what do you say?” Lexie was puzzled. Did he just ask her out?

“Was that your way of asking me out?”

“Yeah what do you say?” She shook her head sadly.

“It wouldn't work. Sorry. Can I please take your order?”

“Why wouldn't it work?” He was confused and hurt, “Come on, give me a chance? What time do you finish? I'll pick you up straight after here and we can just go for a coffee somewhere?”

She sighed, “I really do not think this is a good idea. Really.”

“Give me a chance!” He argued back with her.

“I finish at 10pm, we could share a coffee here if you really want?” She gave in.

Even though she hated his personality, she could not deny how good looking he really was. One date couldn't really hurt could it? Sit for a coffee, then let him down gently, make him feel special then say 'thanks but no thanks.' Of course, if he got snappy or upset then she could always ban him from the diner. She was pretty tight with the owner, after working for him for over 18months now.

“Can't wait.” Pete smiled at her then got up, pecking her on the cheek and then started to leave. “I'm Pete by the way.” He left still smiling happily, he couldn't believe how easy it was to convince her to go out with him. He was so happy that she decided to give him a chance.

She blushed from where he had kissed her cheek. What the hell was she thinking to give him a chance? He could be some sort of stalker or something! She groaned then fixed her smile to serve the newest customers through the door. She was starting to regret her decision already.