But... What About the Band?

Chapter 11

Khadijah's P.O.V.

The day had been overly eventful. I mean, how the hell do you sell a house to two different parties? Ridiculous. And we met got to meet the missing members of My Chemical Romance, Ray Toro and Bob Bryar! The two had gotten married, much to Frank’s delight and Gerard’s disgust.

Problems. We had one. It was one that had everyone in the living room together well after midnight. Who was going to room with someone else? The house was a seven-bedroom house. There were only supposed to be nine of us. Spencer and Hayley were rooming together and so were Vivien and Gerard. Now one of the bedrooms was gone as a result of our co-owners.

“Personally, I think that Bob and Ray should move into the garage…or the attic or something.” said Gerard. When shot with dirty looks from all corners of the room, he just shrugged his shoulders.

“Why don’t you and yours go live in the garage!” shot Bob. “We’re paying for this, too, you know.”

“Can I ask a question?” asked Brendon. When given a nod, he said, “Why’d you guys need 7 bedrooms anyways?”

Bob and Ray exchanged smirks. “That’s personal.”

“M’kay.” Said Brendon. “Totally understandable.”

"Oh my God..." mumbled Gerard.

“Dammit, guys, it’s late!” I exclaimed, slumping in my seat. “We can figure this out in the morning!”

“She’s right.” Said Mikey. “I want to go to sleep. These contacts are starting to hurt.”

“You got surgery.” Frank reminded Mikey. “You don’t wear contacts.”

“Oh…yeah.” Mikey widened his eyes. “See, I’m very sleepy."

“Asia, can I room with you, just for tonight?” I asked.

“No!” Asia yelled, rather obnoxiously.

“Fine then!” I yelled back. “I’ll room with one of the guys. Bitch…”

“Chill, Brails.” She laughed. “I was kidding. Gee, where has your sarcasm meter gone?”

“And your sense of humor!” Brendon said jokingly, patting me on the head.

“I’m really sorry.” I said. “I’m just sleepy and annoyed.”

“Man, is there a heater here?” asked Spencer. “It’s freezing!”

“Dude, this is LA. I thought it was always warm here or some shit like that.” said Gerard.

“Well California all the sudden wants to be seasonal…” I mumbled.

“I think I saw a thermostat while I was coming in.” said Frank. “I’ll go check it out.”

Check it out he did. It was a few minutes before we heard anything from him.

“Is Frank okay?” asked Hayley. She was responded with a scream from the one and only Frank. It was more like a shriek, or a cat being strangled…no, murdered.

MY HAIR!!!” We heard him scream, which prompted us to get up and see what was wrong.

What we saw was a shouting Frank running around in a circle, hands flailing, hair on FIRE.

Mikey, the smart, rational, one had already gone to get a bucket of water and was throwing it on Frank’s burning head.

“God help me if I ever need you guys’ help!” said Mikey, frowning and checking Frank for any permanent damage. The only apparent damage was trauma and chunks of hair on the floor.

“Mikey, that’s the second life you’ve saved today!” Spencer yelled. “You’re, like, a real life hero!”

Frank’s head was in Mikey’s lap. His face was in a twisted expression of horror. Tears were welling in his eyes. Gerard was kneeling next to him.

“Dude, what happened?” Gerard was asking. His voice was, suddenly, very tender and caring. “Are you okay?”

“The furnace.” said Frank, sniffing and, in a very manly fashion, crying. “I tried to light the furnace. The flames…they jumped!”

“Did you have any oil in your hair?” I asked. I had…experience. Experience with hair that was on fire.

“Yeah…Ray said….he was gonna…do something….really cool…to my hair.”

“Flames are attracted to oil!” I said. “Trust me…I know.”

“Ray, you fucking idiot!” Gerard yelled. “He could have died!” Tears were welling in his eyes.

“Don’t yell at me, Gerard Way!” Ray was standing in front of Gerard now, towering several inches above him. “I’d at least have enough sense to put some water on his head!”

“Don’t tell me what to do. You goddamn-“

“I dare you to say it!”

“You know I will, motherfucker.”

“Gerard!” yelled Vivien.

Gerard and Ray were still glaring at each other, shouting random profanities and, despite Gerard’s threats, he refrained from using the word that would set Ray off. He wouldn’t say “faggot”.

“Gerard Arthur Way!” yelled Vivien. “Cut the shit!” He listened this time.

“It’s not over, bitch!” yelled Ray.

“You bet it’s not, homo!” Gerard yelled back.

“Guys, can we sleep?” I asked. “It’s been too much drama for me today. I’m gonna, like, OD on drama.”

“Girl, please.” said Asia. “This is better than television.”

“Sleep would be good. “ Mikey said. “And Frank: Don’t look in the mirror. You’ll kill yourself.”

“Don’t touch your head, either.” Said Hayley, snickering.

And so, finally, everyone went to sleep but not before more tiresome events:

The furnace was on, but smoking, and making the fire alarms go off. Everyone had to fan the smoke detectors until the smoke went away. The house was old and we had to take the batteries out of smoke detectors. We were in a big, smoky, house that was, frankly, taking a long time to heat up. It was below 40 degrees in the house.

Asia kept pulling the blankets from me, and I kept pulling them back from her. I then got up, freezing my butt off, and got another blanket, and then everything was almost perfect; we were warm. All was quiet…and then there was a scream.

“What the…” said Asia.

”THERE’S A FUCKING RAY IN MY ROOM!” screamed Gerard. I swear, if Vivien was sleeping next to him, she’s now wide awake and deaf.

There was a huge rumbling in the house, which was probably the sound of feet running to Gerard’s room. Asia and I sure were.

“He was gonna rape me!” Gerard was shrieking. When we got to the room, Vivien and Ray were holding their hands over their ears, both in obvious pain. “He was gonna fucking rape me!”

“Dude, shut the fuck up!” A shirtless Mikey walked in shouting. Asia was in heaven. Gerard was still shouting.

Another shirtless person came in. Frank to be exact. Asia was drooling at this point. Frank went over and slapped Gerard, which apparently brought him to his senses because he stopped screaming.

All was quiet.

“Sorry I’m late!” Brendon came in, Hayley and Spencer were behind him. He was shirtless. My time to drool. “I was getting Hayley and Spencer. What did I miss?”

We all looked at him in silence. Some of us at other parts.

“Okay, Gerard.” Said Frank. “What the hell were you yelling about?”

“This Ray came into my room. He was leaning over my bed. “ A red-faced Gerard swallowed. “He was going to rape me.” For some odd reason, he looked seriously afraid.

“Gerard, no one wants to fucking rape you!” yelled Ray. Many heads nodded in agreement. Ray laughed. “I was actually coming to finish our fight. I was gonna beat the shit out of you.”

“Oh God…” said Hayley. “Why are you all shirtless?”

“It’s flipping hot!” said Brendon. “That heater is on way too high.”

“They, the lighting worked!” Frank jumped for joy. We all clapped.

“Can we get through the night, please?” asked Mikey.

“We did.” Said Asia, pointing at the window. She was right; the sun was coming up over the horizon.

“Ooh, let’s watch it!” Said Brendon.

“Let’s go on the roof!” said Vivien.

“How so?” asked Frank.

“I found an exit to the roof.” Said Bob. “Let’s go!”

And so we all went out on the roof. We froze our butts off but we saw a gorgeous sunrise. Hayley and Spencer cuddled. Gerard sat with Vivien's head in his lap, stroking her curly hair. Bob and Ray also cuddled. Asia and Mikey and Frank all kept each other warm (Mikey had a blanket because he’s the only one of us with common sense). Brendon and I sat with our legs dangling off the edge of the roof, my head on his shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okie dokie.

So I wrote every part before Gerard screams a few weeks ago. On the 4th. The part after was written on Monday. Then I revised it. There's always something that can be perfected.

So this story is going is a very cool direction. I don't know what we're going to do with Ray and Bob. That's up to the homie Gee. Heh. Heh.

This note isn't really entertaining, is it?

- Deej