Status: This story is finished, but it does have a sequel.

Show Me What I'm Looking For

Quattro

It was warm out tonight and extremely quiet. All I could hear was the sound of my feet hitting the pavement as I walked. I didn’t know where to go or what to do. I was considering going back to my parents’ house, but that would only lead to more arguments. I kept walking until I found an abandoned park even quieter than the rest of the city. The playground was outdated and rusty. I made my way to an old rusty swing and sat there, just thinking about everything. Why was this happening? I then felt a single tear run down my cheek and before I knew it, I was crying all alone in an abandoned park.

As all those thoughts rambled through my mind, the vibration of my phone began in my pocket. I waited until my caller ID displayed a name and sure enough it was my parents checking up on me. I ignored the call and kept sobbing. Soon after, my phone began vibrating again and to my surprise it was an unknown number. I wiped my tears and hoped my voice didn’t sound too shaky.

“Hello?” I said, getting a Kleenex out of my bag.

“Ali? It’s Kennedy. What’s wrong with your voice? Have you been crying?”

“Yea… My parents sort of kicked me out and I’m at an abandoned park all alone. I don’t know where to go or what to do and I’m scared.” I said, sobbing loudly.

“Ok, where are you? John is going to come pick you up.”

“I don’t know… I think there’s a library in front and the street reads Mansfield Avenue.”

“Ok, don’t move I’ll tell him to go get you, be careful.”

We hung up and I sat on a bench waiting for him to come pick me up.

John’s point of view

I was sitting in my basement with Garrett and Jared; they were practicing some chords, Pat was eating some fruit and I was trying to write some lyrics. I had asked Kenny to call Ali again. I really wanted her to come, but if I called again, she would think I was desperate. After a couple of minutes, Kennedy came rushing down, as if he almost flew down the stairs.

“Dude, you have to go pick Ali up,” he said while catching his breath.

“What do you mean?” I responded, confused.

“She had a big fight with her parents and they either kicked her out or she left. I don’t know…”

“Well, where is she?”

“At the park in front of the library on Mansfield,” he replied.

“You want us to come with you?” Pat asked.

“No, it’s fine guys. I’ll be back in 30 minutes.”

I got my keys, told my mom where I was going and drove off. I got to the park about 15 minutes later, parked my car and got out to look for her. She was sitting on a bench, her eyes were all red and puffy and her make-up had bled, but she still looked beautiful. Once she saw me, a small smile appeared on her sad face.

“Hey,” I said as I sat down next to her.

“Hey, look I’m really sorry for making you come all the way here. I probably ruined you’re night.”

“No, you didn’t. I’m just glad you’re safe. This isn’t the safest place in Tempe. So how are you?” I asked as she put her head on my shoulder.

“I don’t know… A little better I guess. I just feel so alone and everything. It’s like all I knew and loved was taken away from me.”

“Yea… I get that, but things will get better I promise.”

We just sat there for a couple of minutes. She then looked up at me and said “You know john, there’s just something about you I feel like I’ve known you forever. You’re probably my favorite person right now.”

“Yea, you’re not so bad yourself,” I added jokingly, “Anyways, we should probably get going. You can stay at my house for as long as you like.”

She thanked me again and we made out way to the car. The drive home was quiet. I think she was tired from all the turmoil of the night. I parked the car in the driveway and we both walked up to the front door where my mom greeted us.

“Hi sweetie! Now who’s this lovely girl here? John’s never brought home a girl before. This must be something serious you two have going on here. What’s your name dear?”

I could tell Ali was uncomfortable. My mom always jumps to conclusions.

“No mom, this is Alicia. We aren’t dating or anything. She’s just a friend and she’s new in town and needs somewhere to stay for a couple of days. I told her she could stay here.” I responded.

“Oh, John! You should have warned me we were having company over! I would have at least taken out the fancy guest towel sets!”

“Ali, this is my mom.” I said rather embarrassed.

“Hi, Mrs. O’Callaghan. It’s so nice to meet you. I’m sorry for imposing on your household tonight. You don’t have to take out any special towels for me. I won’t be staying long.”

“Oh no my dear, it’s my pleasure. You just go downstairs with John and everyone and I’ll prepare your bed.”

She agreed and we went downstairs. Ali greeted everyone with a hug and we all sat down on the couch to watch a movie of her choice.

“Oh come on guys! Please, let’s watch this one, it’s my favorite.” She said in a whiny voice.

“No, that’s such a chick flick. Dude, I can’t believe you even have this movie at your house,” Jared added.

“I know, it’s one of my mom’s movies. Just let her watch whatever she wants. You guys are leaving soon anyways.”

She put in her movie and we all sat down to watch. Half way through Breakfast at Tiffany’s, everyone had fallen asleep, except for Ali. She knew every line to that movie.

“Okay guys, you have to leave now. It’s late and we’re going to sleep.” I said while turning up the lights.

Everyone said bye and Ali and I went upstairs. My mom had prepared the bed in the guest room for her.

“Your mom is so nice. Look, she put little chocolates on my pillows. You guys should open up a hotel here.” She said to me and she barged into my room.

“Thanks for knocking. Yea… she always goes overboard with everything. So are you all set? Do you need anything?” I asked.

“No, I’m fine. I called my parents to tell them where I was and they want me home first thing tomorrow morning.”

“Are you sure? Because you can stay as long as you want really. I don’t think my parents mind.”

“Anyways… we’ll think about it tomorrow. Goodnight!” She said as she reached out for a hug. We hugged for a while. I didn’t want to let go, but I eventually did. She left my room, closing the door behind her and went right to sleep. I shut my light and did the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
Come on guys! I didn't get much feedback last time =]
What do you think?

Let me know please and leave me comments!

xoxo
Ali