Myth of the Colour-less sky

2nd last task and Last Task

A couple of weeks later, Victor comes to a sea side town and was faced with the challenge of comforting a small girl, she doesn’t have many friends and doesn’t enjoy school at all, he tries to ask her what is wrong, no response from her at all. She’s not very confident, but she is a great writer. He reads over some of her stories and is very impressed. But her teacher don’t seem to think so, her low self esteem stands in the way of all her passions, such as English, soccer, and history. Her passion will soon fade away if Victor doesn’t help this talented young child, and she will become empty inside. Victor reads her poems and stories out to the school, at first, she is frustrated and red with anger because of this embarrassment, but moments later, her class is impressed by her writing and all of a sudden she has more friends than ever. Her self esteem has risen to balance her life, as well as her passion for writing.
She gives Victor a piece of dyed blue papyrus on which she has written her most passionate poem of all written with an indigo coloured feather pen. Victor ties this to his orange spear right next to the yellow piece of scarf and heads off to set his last task.

Victor comes across a gypsy in the middle of a dark forest, she tells him that he will not succeed in his pointless journey. Victor takes no notice of this witch, and continues his Journey.

After about a week of searching how to fulfill his last task, he finally finds a man named Alex of many sins, this man lives in anger and stress instead of calmness and clarity. This mans life was disturbed, he needed to rest. Victor tried to approach him but he just told him to go away because he’s too busy. He spent day after day, week after week paying attention to Alex’s actions. Still, no notice of Victor was taken.

2 months later, Victor was still trying to help Alex. He started to miss his family; he hasn’t seen them for way too long. Victor thought to himself if he is ever going to finish this quest for the ‘rainbow’. Does a ‘rainbow’ really exist? What if god was only fooling around with him? But deep down in side, his mind was set on persistence, he knew that these tasks were set out to him for a reason, maybe for a mortal lesson, or maybe to grant his wish of seeing colour in the sky and drop of water on his face from above. This was his only wish.

Alex couldn’t stand being so stressed and mad anymore, he wanted to end his life as he thought it was the easiest way out. The brevity of life was just too complicated for him to understand, And not to mention living it. Luckily, Victor was still around.

Alex burst into tears explaining that his life is composed of madness and no joy what so ever, he just wanted to be peaceful and calm. Victor understood Alex, he know what it’s like to be angry, thirsty and dirty, for no water was given to him or his family for so long.

“Alex, you do not have a very important quality in life. Tranquility. Don’t rush things, and take life day by day as it goes instead of planning ahead and being frustrated and angry if things don’t work out. ” Victor suggested.

Alex took this advice and his life was restored to calmness instead of anger and rage. In thanks, Alex handed over a purple piece of string that was tied to his stress ball as he was saying goodbye and thank you to Victor.