When It All Falls Apart

The Way She Moves

It all started the summer of my sophomore year. My mom was now movie us to Texas for some “change” and I will tell you about that change later on. But by “us” I mean me: Annie, 15 years old; my older brother: Alex, 19 years old; my older sister: MaryBeth, 17 years old; and the most annoying person in the whole world: Patrick, 9 years old.
Now I don’t know about here but back in Ohio when you move you don’t usually have people on your porch with a cake waiting for you. I mean come on who actually does that. But I was soon distracted from my thoughts by my sister,
“Mom, who the hell are these people?”
then followed by some smart remark that I didn’t get from Alex.
“They must be our new neighbors” my mom said.
After pulling up in the drive way I thought maybe while everyone was distracted I could make a run for it and get the first bedroom. But I guess the neighbor boy had other plans for me.
“Hey! I’m Jonathan Cook” he said while reaching his hand out
“Hi! I’m Annie” I said while shaking his hand.
Now usually I don’t just start talking to people right away but something about this boy was different. Maybe the way he looked because I’m going to be honest, no boy in Ohio is as gorgeous as him. Or for the fact that somebody noticed me first instead of my sister. Pushing my shyness to the side I decided that I better start a conversation before he notices MaryBeth.
“So uhm what brings you here, I mean it’s not everyday I have people standing on my porch.”
“Well who wouldn’t want to stand on the porch of such a beautiful girl?”
Not knowing what to say I just hid my face so he couldn’t see me blushing and mumbled a thanks. ‘God! Who does this boy think he is calling me beautiful, cause that’s so not true!’ I thought while continued my journey into my new house.
♠ ♠ ♠
First Chapter please let me know what you think good and bad i would love the help!