Goddamn These Bright Blue Eyes

Wish You Were Here

I stuttered. I couldn't find the right words to say to him, so I waited for him to say something. It was silent for a few moments.
"I liked your song," he told me, and by the tone of his voice I could tell he meant it. Silence again. I couldn't think of anything to say. And even if I could, it would come out stupid and I would make a fool of myself. "Do you really feel that way?" I couldn't answer him. Wouldn't answer him. "I assume Sam has told you how I feel about dating right now." I nodded and pulled out a new pack of cigarettes. He eyed them while I was packing them. I knew he wanted one. I flipped one for my lucky, something me, Rachel, and my other best friend Sophie, had been doing for over a year. He leaned in to whisper in my ear. "I was thinking I could make an exception, just for you." He kissed my cheek softly when he pulled back to look at me. I didn't know if I was still breathing. "Are you going to say anything?" He laughed.
"Uhm..." was all I could think of. "Okay. Tha-that sounds good." God, I was stupid sometimes. Laughing again he said, "You're so cute when you're nervous." He leaned in once again and kissed me on the lips. It was a sweet kiss, a kiss that said "I like you, but I don't care if I get in your pants". And I was kissing him back. After a few moments he pulled away and looked into my eyes. I'm a goner, I thought. "I'll see you soon, I promise." He started to walk away, but then turned around. "Don't worry, I'm not going to tell my parents. I really don't want to here 'I told you so!' for the rest of my life." He walked back to me, kissed me once again, and grabbed my hand. He walked me back over to my friends and apologized for stealing me. Rachel glanced down at our hands, still intertwined, but she didn't say anything. I was going to hear it that night though. "I will talk to you soon," he said, kissing my cheek.
"Trav, we gotta go man!" I heard Josh yell from somewhere nearby.
"Goodbye," he said smiling. I turned around to see that my friends were staring at me.
"What the hell?" Rachel said.
"It's a long story, don't ask." I replied.

I had a lot to tell Sam, even though she might have already known.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to those who read this. :]