Keep Me Alive

Box Full Of Sharp Objects

"Hey! Put that down!" I heard Jaz squeal, as she ran over to some random guy who held her mother's crystal vase in his hands. "That's my mom's, asshole!"
He looked at her with buldging eyes, stumbling around the living room, nearly dropping it.
Oh, this could be problematic.
"Give me the fucking vase!" She screeched, standing in front of him. He shrugged, giving her the vase. Then he walked over to a random girl and began sucking lips with her.
Ugh.
Jaz sighed in frustration, checking the vase in her hands to see if it was damaged.
"Did they break it?" I asked, standing next to her.
She shook her head. "No, thank God. Do you have any idea what my mom would do if this was broken?"
I looked at her. "She'd kill you?"
"Yes! And Zacky! Ugh, I better put this in somewhere safe. I'll be right back," She said, holding the vase carfeully in her hands as she headed towards the kitchen.
I stood there, staring at all the people who were at the party. I didn't know anyone.
Most people were just making out on the couch, and some were all in the front lawn, gulping down vodca.
I sighed, heading over towards the bathroom. Once I reached it, I opened the door, only to find a couple making out in there aswell.
"Jesus, get a room, not the freaking bathroom," I mumbled, stepping out of the bathroom and slamming the door behind me.
I walked around the house with my arms crossed, hoping I'd bump into Jaz or any of the guys, but they were nowhere in sight.
I decided to just go upstairs to Jaz's room and stay in there until the party was over, but once I had reached the second floor of the house, I heard a weird noise. I looked around in confusion, realizing it was coming from Jaz's parents' room.
I walked over quietly to the door, pressing my ear against it.
It sounded like someone was humming or singing. I wasn't quite sure.
I hesitantly wrapped my hand around the doorknob, pushing the door open slowly. Once it was open, I saw a dark figure laying on the parents' king sized bed.
I squinted my eyes to see if I knew who it was.
"Hey, who's there?" I asked quietly, taking one step into the room.
I heard a groaning sound. "Me."
I raised an eyebrow, coming closer to the bed. With the help from the light of the hallway, I was able to see who it was.
Brian.
"Brian? You okay?" I asked.
He sat up in the bed, squinting his eyes at me. "Maddy?"
I nodded, looking at him suspiciously.
"I-I'm fine. I had....too much to drink, I guess," He said, laughing quietly.
I swallowed hard. Great, he's drunk.
"Do you need any help?" I asked.
He didn't look like he needed any help, but I offered anyways.
He shook his head, rubbing his eyes. "Could you just help me get off this bed?"
I nodded, walking over to the side of the bed. I put his arm around my shoulder and helped him off, his whole weight bringing me down.
"I feel sick," He slurred, stumbling from side to side.
"Shit. Okay, um, just try not to let go."
I led him out of the room, and we slowly made our way downstairs. I thought he'd fall, but he managed to balance himself, as he held onto me.
I took him to the front lawn, knowing that the bathrooms were all full.
"Oh shit. I'm really gonna be sick." He panted, holding himself up by his knees.
He suddenly started throwing up right on the grass. I quickly twisted myself around, not wanting to see any of it.
I was surprised he hadn't hooked up with any of the girls at the party. It just wasn't like him.
I still had my back towards him, and after a few minutes, I heard him groaning.
"Are you done?" I asked.
"Yeah."
I spun around, seeing that he had sat on the grass, his head in between his knees.
"You're pretty banged up, huh?" I asked, sitting next to him.
He just nodded, laughing. "This always happens."
Then he paused; his eyes coming in contact with mine. "Only there's never a girl who actually helps me the way you did just now."
I smiled a little, feeling myself go five shades of red again.
"It was nothing. Really."
He smiled, staring at me for a while. I fixed my hair, shifting awkwardly in place.
"What?" I asked awkwardly.
"Nothing. It's just.....you're really pretty," He answered.
I raised an eyebrow. "You're still drunk, aren't you?" I laughed.
"No. I don't think so. All the booze I drank is right there," He said with a laugh, as he pointed to the spot where all his puke was.
I grimaced.
"I mean it, though. You look pretty today," He said.
I shook my head. "You're saying I don't look pretty on other days then?" I joked, making him laugh.
"Of course you look pretty everyday."
I clicked my tongue. "Come on, Haner, you don't mean that."
He blinked a couple times. "Yeah I do."
"Okay," I replied sarcastically.
"Man, you are one tough chick, you know that?" He laughed.
I shrugged. "Yep."
He shook his head, laying on his back on the grass, placing his hands under his head.
"You're gonna stay out here?" I asked, looking down at him.
He shrugged. "Why not? It's peaceful out here."
I raised an eyebrow. "But weren't you the one who suggested a party? Oh, which brings me to my next question: besides being drunk, are you also sick?"
He looked at me weirdly. "No."
"It's just not like you to be at a party without even hooking up with some girl."
He chuckled. "I don't know. I just used the party as an excuse to drink. And I think I went a little overboard. I wasn't really thinking about hooking up with any girl."
I nodded. "I am stunned."
He laughed. "Shut up. I'm not always going after girls."
I shrugged. "Who knew that Brian Haner isn't such a man whore after all," I joked.
"Ha ha, funny," He replied sarcastically, which made me laugh.
"What about you? You don't like parties?" He soon asked.
"Nope," I answered.
He furrowed his eyebrows. "And why is that?"
I shrugged, staring up at the night sky. "They're just not my scene."
He laughed quietly. "You know, it's funny. We've known each other for quite a while and just now I'm learning stuff about you."
"Yeah. And I just learned that you can puke a week's worth of food in just 10 seconds," I replied jokingly.
He made a funny face, laughing. "We should do this more often," He said. "You know, when I didn't just puke in front of you," He said, rolling his eyes.
I nodded.
Wow, he really wants to hang out with me more often?
"Yeah, okay," I answered, smiling.
He was about to say something else, when all of a sudden Jaz's voice met our ears, followed by her running desperately towards us.
"You will not believe what just happened!" She exclaimed, holding herself up by her knees and panting.
"What?" I asked curiously.
"Some jerk just puked on the living room rug!"
Brian and I looked at each other with a funny face.
"You guys will help me clean it up, right? If my parents come home and see that, it'll be the end for me and Zacky! Who speaking of, where the hell is he and the others?" She panted, rubbing her forehead.
I stood up from the grass. "Jaz, relax. Look, Brian will help you clean the rug and I'll go look for the guys."
Brian shot me a surprised look. "What? Why don't you help her clean and I'll go find the guys?" He suggested.
"Because this stupid party thing was your fucking idea, Haner!," Jaz exclaimed, making him jump a little.
He then sighed, rolling his eyes. "Fine."
"Good," She said, calming down a bit. "Oh, and while you're in there helping me, you can tell all those people, who by the way, I've never seen in my life, that they can go home. This party's over. I swear, if someone breaks anything in there-"
Unfortunately, she got cut off, by the sound of something shattering on the floor inside the house.
Jaz looked wide-eyed at me and Brian.
"Oh no." Was all she said, before making a mad dash towards inside of her house.
"Shit. This can't be good," I mumbled to Brian, as we both began walking towards the house, following Jaz.
♠ ♠ ♠
I lost my head
You couldn't come
This lust to my brain
Almost feels like a gun.