Tearjerker Masochist

Smartass Mother***er

[Phury]

My eyes widened as I took in the impossible sight before me.

Kayden had been ripped to shreds in front of us. I watched his blood being splattered across the pavement, across the buildings that made up the walls of the alley, and washed it out of Zsadist's hair myself.

"Get up," I ordered.

"Excuse me?" he asked, tearing his gaze away from Zee to me.

"I said, get up," I repeated, my gaze not wavering from his.

"You can't possibly be serious."

I smiled. "You know, you're right." Keeping him in my sights I walked to the little table Zee kept beside her bed, opened the drawer, and took out a small handgun.

I cocked it, and held it to his temple. "Serious enough for you?" He stilled and kept his eyes trained on the muzzle. "Get up, set her down on the bed, and sit on the chair," I told him slowly, gesturing to the chair on the opposite side of the room from the bed.

He did it reluctantly, although he didn't take his eyes off of Zee the whole time. The way he constantly trained his eyes on her, roaming around her face and body, made my trigger finger itch.

"Now tell me, who the hell are you?"

"I already told you-"

"Bull shit. You are not Kayden."

"What makes you so sure?" he fired back.

"The fact that I saw you die, asshole," I snapped.

"And are you sure that was me? That could have been my twin brother. Or a hallucination."

I glared at him and stood up, baring my stomach. "Those hallucinations are a lot more vivid than I remember them."

He winced. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry unless you were apart of it."

"Now tell me, who the hell are you?"

"I'm Kayden."

"Then how are you still alive?"

"I can't tell you until Zsadist is awake."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm not going to explain it without her awake. I don't want her to think that I'm keeping her out of the loop. Plus I don't want to have to say it twice."

I huffed. "Tell me."

"No."

"Tell me now."

"No."

I cocked the handgun and aimed it between his eyes. "Tell me."

"If you kill me, you're never going to know how I'm alive. And Zee will never forgive you."

I stared at him for a long time before finally uncocking it. "Smartass."

He smirked.

"Come on, let's go."

"Why?"

I huffed. "You ask too many questions."

"And you don't answer any."

"We're going, your highness, downstairs to the kitchen. I have to finish cleaning, and there's no way I'm leaving you here alone with her."

"Was that so hard?"

"Just because I can't kill you doesn't mean that I can't seriously hurt you," I warned.

He laughed, but got up and walked down the kitchen.

"Smartass motherfucker," I grumbled, grabbing a bottle and rag and starting to scrub.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I fail.