‹ Prequel: Fake Boyfriend

I'd Do Anything For A Smile

Crying's Just A Reflex Now To You

{Abby's POV}

Four years ago I fell in love. Four years ago I left everyone behind in Europe when I found out about the secrets.

And sometimes I wish I never did learn about them. Life would of been so much more easier not knowing. But I guess that's life.

"And its a bitch." I mumbled as I poured myself some coffee.

"What is?' a male voice asked. me. "Mornin Abbs." I turned around and smiled.

"Mornin." I said. "Coffee?" I asked him as he nodded. "And life's a bitch." I added as I poured him some coffee.

I sat the coffee mug down in front of him. "Thank you." he said as he took a sip. "And if it was easy it be a slut."

I chuckled at his answer and sat down in the chair next to him. He pulled out a newspaper like every other morning and read something about the war.

"I'm happy you came back to me." I whispered as I took a drink.

He looked up from his paper and smiled at me. "I'm glad I saw you leaving Germany."

"Abby"

I turned around and was meet with brown hair and brown eyes looking back at me, but they weren't chocolate brown, no they were more like mine. The face was lost in my memory as I tried to remember who it was.

"River?" I questioned the brown haired man. He nodded with a smile growing on his face. I ran into his arms dropping my bag on the way. "River!"

"Abby, I missed you so much." he whispered as he hugged me.

He let go of me and I looked him over. His hair was shorter, his build was bigger, than even Matt's. But one thing remained the same his brown eyes shined back at me.

"Wait are you coming home?" I asked him. He nodded and I squealed and hugged him again. "Your not aloud to leave me again."

"I wont Abby, I promise." He pulled back and grabbed my bag along with his. "Lets go home."

"Home." I mumbled. I really didn't have a home at the moment.

River manged to get the seat next to me as he sat down he asked, "Still scared of everything?" I smiled weakly at him as the plane began to take off.

"Don't worry about it, I'm here." he said. I nodded and smiled at him.

"So why are you in Germany?" he asked me as the turbulence began to die down.

"I went on tour with the guys" I said looking out the window.

"Where are they?" he asked.

"Back in Germany."

"What happened?" he asked making me look at him. I shook my head and tears began to weld up in my eyes. He pulled me into his side and let me cry into his chest. "How about will get a nice house just me and you."

I nodded and smiled. "Just me and you again. Like when we were younger."

He smiled. "Exactly.


"Just me and you" he nodded and picked up his newspaper.

"Mommy!" I heard a little girl's voice squeal through the house.

River smiled at me. "And of course the little rock star."

"In the kitchen baby" I yelled. I heard the little pitter-patter of her tiny feet walking into the room. "Morning Emily."

I stretch out my arms as she ran into them. I kissed her cheek as I sat her on my lap. "Morin' Mommy."

"Can I get a kiss?" I asked as I tapped my cheek. She nodded and gave me a sloppy kiss. "Now tell uncle River what you want for breakfast."

She giggled as River gave me that look that says 'Why cant you do it' "Pancakes! Uncle Riv!"

Emily's little blonde curls bounced as she ran over to River pulling on his t-shirt. "One second Emily." he told her.

She made the puppy dog face at him, making her chocolate brown eyes twinkle. "Please!" she begged.

He sighed with a smile on his face. "With chocolate chips?"

"Yes!" she squealed as she pulled River's hands towards the stove. "Can I help?" she asked.

"Yep you can mix the pancakes okay?" he told her as she nodded her head.

"I'm going to get ready for work." I said placing my cup into the sink and heading off towards my room.

River helped me open my own Salon up, a couple years ago. River received most of the money after our parents death so he didn't have to work that much, plus he received some from being in Iraq.

I really didn't have to work but I needed to get my mind off a couple of things. Or someone. Even if its been four years I wish one day he would just show up and everything would go back to normal.

But this is my life were talking about nothing ever happens the way I want it. Exhibit A four years ago.

"Mommy, you look pretty." Emily said in her three year old voice.

I smiled at her and bent down to her level. "Thank you baby." I said as I kissed her cheek. I was wearing a typical working outfit for me. Skinny jeans and a nice top.

"Can I get pink in my hair?" she asked as she twirled a strand of my hair. My hair lost its blonde and black and is more well alot of different clothes. I changed alot about myself, like I took out my piercing, I wear less make-up, just trying to be less...fake.

Everything I was told four years ago, was mostly a lie. but one thing I knew for sure was true. And that was I love you.

Even if he cheated so many years ago, it's hard to know that he loved me as much as I still love him.

And Emily, is basically, a midget Brian. She wants to be a rockstar not a princess. The only thing that she shares with me is her hair is the same colour blonde mine was.

"Guess who's birthday is tomorrow!" I squealed at her tickling her side.

"Mine. Mommy. Stop." she said in between giggles.

"And how old are you going to be?' I asked her.

She held up four fingers and smiled at me. "This many."

I nodded and kissed her cheek. "What do you want?"

She thought about for a while. She smiled brightly then looked at me and frowned. "What is it Emily?" I asked tucking some of her hair behind her ear.

"Your going to cry." she told me.

"Why would I cry baby?" I asked her.

"Because you always cry." she said in a small voice. "when I ask about Daddy."

I stared at her blankly. She was right I did always cry after she asked about Brian. She knows who he is, she's seem him on TV and in Magazine's but she's never meet him.

I bit my lip and turned her chin to look at me. "You want daddy for your birthday?" I asked her.

She nodded and hugged me. "Don't cry mommy." she whispered.

"I wont cry but do you want to know something special."

"What?" she asked with a little smile on her face.

"You." I said and tapped her nose, she giggled as I continued. "And daddy have the same birthday."

Her eyes light up as she smiled brightly. "Really?" I nodded my head. "That means maybe daddy will wish for me if I wish for him."

It was true little Emily Briar was born on the same day as Brian. July 7th. I found it funny when my water broke. She really is daddy's little girl, he just didn't know it.Yet.

I named her Emily Briar, Briar because it was close to Brian and I thought she should have something to always remember him.

"Emily! Where did you go?" River yelled through the house.

Emily jumped and hide behind me. "Are you hiding from someone?" I asked her.

She nodded and gulped as River entered my room. "Have you seen Emily?" he asked looking around my room. I knew he saw Emily behind me but he was just amusing her for the time. "There she is" he said and tackled hugged her onto my bed.

"Uncle. River. Stop. Tickling me." she squealed as River began to tickle her.

I smiled and grabbed my purse."Mommy has to go. Come give me a kisses." I said as River let her go. She jumped into my arms and kissed me several times on the cheek and I returned the favor.

We walked down the stairs and I handed her to River as I opened the door. "What are you two doing today?" I asked.

He shrugged and looked at Emily. "Beach?" he asked her.

She nodded and looked at me. "Mommy, have lunch with us!"

I smiled and nodded my head. "I'll call you around noon." I told River as I walked to my car and headed off to the Salon.
♠ ♠ ♠
=D! thanks to SatanIsASkank who has a signture that says:
life's a BITCH
'cause if it
was a SLUT
it'd be EASY.


It cracked my up when I was reading my comments and I'd it was to good not to use.

&& Since I put off doing my summer homework to write this you better COMMENT BETCHES!

Love you!