‹ Prequel: Fake Boyfriend

I'd Do Anything For A Smile

The Pain I've Grown To Know

{Brian's POV}

Emily and me went down to the park while Abby went shopping with Tia.

"Daddy!" Emily squealed and ran towards the swings pulling my hand with her. "Swings."

I laughed at her eagerness and trying to pull me along with her. "Alright, Alright." I said and picked her up, placing her on the swing.

I pushed her softly, so she wouldn't fall off the swing but still have fun.

"Higher" she giggled.

"Okay." I laughed and pushed a little harder so she'd go higher.

"Ice cream!" Emily said when she heard the ice cream truck jingle coming down from the street. "Daddy can we?"

I stopped the swing. "Yeah." I said as she clapped her hands. "What kind do you want?" I asked her as we walked up to the truck.

Her brown eyes scanned the menu on the side of truck. "Dora!"

I laughed and nodded my head. "One Dora and a drumstick." I told the man in the truck.

He nodded and pulled out our two ice creams and handed them to me. "Thats $2.50, sir." he said as I gave Emily hers.

I pulled out my wallet and handed the man a five and waited for him to give me my change back.

"Daddy can you open this?" Emily asked trying to opening the wrapper with her tiny hands.

"One second babe." I told her grabbing my change and leading her towards a bench. "Here let me see." I said as she handed my her ice cream. I sat mine in my lap as I pulled the wrapper off and handed it back to Emily. "There you go Em."

She smiled brightly at me. "Thank you Daddy."

"Anything for you baby."

****************************************************************************************************

I pulled up into the driveway of Abby's house and noticed her car was in the driveway.

"Mommy's home." Emily said as she got out of the car.

"Yep." I agreed as I grabbed her hand and walked into the house with her.

"Mommy?" She yelled into the house.

You could hear the bass of a stereo being played through out the house. Emily and me walked up the stairs and I could hear the music coming from River's room. I knocked on the door and I heard shuffling around the room.

"Ab- oh hey Brian." River said as he scratched the back on his head. "Did you need something?"

I looked at him confused for a second before I finally took in what he was wearing. His army uniform.

"Are you...." I trailed off pointing at him. I looked behind him and noticed that he had a bag packed already.

"Yeah." he whispered. "You got to promise to look after my girls for me Brian."

"There my girls also." he nodded and smiled at me.

"I know." he sighed "If something happens to me, I want you to make sure Abby doesn't break down completely."

Doesn't break down completely. Was Abby really capable of doing that. The girl who hide everything behind her smile, was capable of breaking down.

"I wont lose her smile again." I whispered and headed towards Abby's room.

As I passed I saw Emily in her room playing with her Barbie dolls. She was making one drive around in her pink car about to go shopping.

I stopped in front of Abby's door and I could hear small sniffles in her room. I knocked softly and opened it slowly not waiting for an answer.

"Baby." I whispered as I watched her laying on her bed. Her legs were to her chest and her arms held them together.

She looked over at me before she sobbed again but trying to calm herself down still.

"Baby." I cooed laying behind her and wrapping my arms around her. "Its gonna be alright."

She turned in my arms and stared at me silently. She stopped sobbing and only a few tears escaped her eyes. They slid down her cheeks and onto the bed soaking the blanket.

"I'm not losing him again." she whispered looking at my chin.

"Abby look at me." her eyes didn't move. "Please look at me?" I asked again. This time her eyes focused on mine. "Nothing will happen to him."

She nodded and buried her face in my chest. "I wont have anyone without him."

"Thats not true baby. You'll always have Em-"

"I know I meant I have no one besides him and Emily."

I kissed her temple and brought her face to look back at mine. I rubbed a finger along her bottom lip and smiled. "You'll always have me." and then I kissed her chapped lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
aw tear ='[

So just to let you know ill probably start I've Got Your Mixed Tape In My Walkman this weekend ((also tell me if the font is better now))

&& You still have to wait to figure out Brian's secret WWW!

&&& Be sure to COMMENT because comments make me update more!!! so do that!!!!!