‹ Prequel: Fake Boyfriend

I'd Do Anything For A Smile

You Sulk Until It Hurts Me

{Brian}

Today was the day i had to watch Abby break down in front of me.

There was nothing I could do but watch her. I'd try holding her but all she do is stay in my arms limp and cry.

She was breaking and it was only the beginning.

"Abby." I whispered brushing her bangs out of her face. We were laying in bed and her brother was leaving in ten minutes. "Its time to go."

Abby didn't sleep last night. She faced the wall her back towards me the whole night. I didn't leave last night knowing she wasn't stable enough to look after Emily or herself.

She didn't nodded or blink as she sat up and pulled on her shoes and a sweater.

"Ill go get Emily ready." I whispered leaving the bedroom and walking into Emily's. "Emmy, ready to go?"

She nodded her little head and walked over to me. She already had her shoes and coat on. She knew what was happening but I don't think she understood it. She only understood that Abby was upset and thats all that matter to Emily.

That her mommy was a mess.

"Is mommy okay?' she asked me as I scooped her up in my arms.

"Yeah." I whispered, But not even I knew the answer.

River had to come home. He had to.

Abby was standing in the hallway waiting for us. She looked at me blankly and I smiled weakly at her.

What I give for her smile. She cant even fake it anymore.

I held Emily in one arm and Abby grabbed my other hand tightly as he walked down the stairs.

River was waiting for us. I helped him place his bags int he back of my car, seeing I was driving him to the base.

Abby grabbed River's hand with her other and we walked towards the car in silence.

I left the radio off as I drove to the base.

Emily sat in the back with Abby on one side and River on the other. Both stared out the windows while Emily looked between the two confused.

I pulled into a spot and turned off the engine and looked back at them. Still looking out the window.

"Were here." I whispered getting out of the car.

I opened Abby's door and helped her out then reached over and got Emily out of her car seat.

"Come on Ems." I said and grabbed her in my arms. She rested her head on my chest and kept her eyes on Abby.

River grabbed his bag from the back and Abby walked with him towards the gates in silence.

I followed closely behind them with Emily.

When we reached the gates Abby looked straight ahead at the Jet that was taking River back over seas.

River turned towards her with tears in his eyes. "I'm going to miss you Abbs."

She nodded and turned to him. She cried and hugged him tightly, like he was about to disappear.

"Don't leave me River."

He smiled and kissed the top of her head. "Remember Abby stay strong and ill always come back o you."

"I will." And she smiled. For the first time today she smiled.

"Good." River said pulling her back into a hug. "You have to make sure Emily is okay while I'm gone."

"I will."

"And Bri." he said turning towards me.

"Yeah?"

"Make sure you take care of our girls. They need you." he said taking Emily from my arms.

I nodded and pulled Abby into mine to replace Emily's warmth. "I will." I said kissing Abby's forehead.

She rested her head on my chest and hugged me back as she cried with a weak smile on her face.

"And you." River said poking Emily's nose. "Need to be strong for both your mommy and daddy. Okay? I don't want to come home and find out your going to become a Princess! Ill have none of that. Remember your a rock star."

She giggled. "I don't wanna be a Princess. I wanna be like Daddy."

I smiled at my daughter and was overly happy that she wanted to be like me. Just like me.

"That sounds scary." Abby mumbled.

"Hey!" I said in mock hurt. "I'm a very good role model."

"Yeah, whatever you say Bri." she said and moved over to River again.

"I better go." She nodded and hugged her brother again.

"Make sure to come back to me."

"I always do." he whispered letting her go and walking towards the Jet.

He raised up his hand and waved at us as he walked away.

Abby laughed shaking her head. "He has to come back to me."

And he had to. Or I would lose Abby forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT PLEASE!

&& I started I've Got Your Mixed Tape In My Walkman so if you hadn't checked it out yet, do!