‹ Prequel: Fake Boyfriend

I'd Do Anything For A Smile

Why Are You Still Away?

{Brian POV}

"Hello?"

"Hey Zack, its Brian." I breathed into the phone as I walked around my house, looking for my wallet.

"Hey man, Whats up?" he asked. I could tell he was playing his guitar, the soft chords sounded as he played.

"I was wondering if you could watch Emily for a bit." I asked as I noticed my wallet on the dresser.

"Why?" he asked and stopped playing. "Where's Abby? She okay?"

It's been three days since Abby tried to drown herself. I told the guys about it and they said if I ever needed anything just to ask. And now I needed them.

"Yeah, she's at a therapy session, and I kinda only have three days left." I whispered the last part. I flipped through my wallet to make sure I had the right amount.

"Oh." Zack said understanding that I meant, I had three days to give Alex his money. "Yeah, that's fine. Do you want me to come with? Tia can watch Em-."

"No." I said tucking the wallet into my jeans. "I have to do it myself."

"Alright." he sighed. "Make sure you give him the fucking money and get out of there."

"I will. Thanks man. I'll be over in a bit."

"Okay. See you."

We hung up and I walked into Emily's room, where she was playing house with her dolls. "Emily." her brown little eyes looked over at me in the doorway. I smiled at her. "Wanna go see Aunt Tia and Uncle Zacky?"

"Yeah!" She jumped up and squealed. "Can I bring Mollie?" she asked grabbing her baby doll.

"Yeah. lets go." I said holding out my hand for her to take.

{Abby POV}

"I remember counting. I just felt like stone. Cold and heartless. And then-" I whispered as I twirled my fingers around. "I remember being able to breath again."

"And this is when Brian pulled you to shore?" Dr. Carson asked. He had white hair and black brimmed glasses that hung low on the bridge of his nose as he read.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"What did Brian say to you after that?" he asked picking up his pen and tapping it on the notebook-he was writing in- softly.

"He told me I was being heartless and I wasn't thinking about anyone else but myself."

"Do you think he's right?"

I looked up at him and nodded softly. "Yeah. I think he is."

He nodded and wrote something down before looking back up at me. "Have you thought of suicide since that night?"

I stayed quiet.

"Honesty, is what I need from you Abby." I nodded. "You have."

I shook my head. "No." I whispered and looked down at my lap. "I thought of Emily and I know she needs me here with her."

He nodded with a small smile. "Good. Have you told Emily about your brother." I shook my head. "Here." he said handing me a box of Kleenex.

"No." I said blew into the Kleenex. "I don't know how."

He nodded. "Well I'll give you some options and I want you to pick one and try it."

"Okay."

"Option one, you can tell her. Option two you and Brian can tell her together."

"There's going to be no option were Brian can just tell her right?" I asked.

He shook his. "No. You really need to be around to tell her. You can have Brian say it but you need to be in the same room, to comfort her. Abby you need to here it whether its from you or Brian...you need to come to the understanding that he is dead. As painful as that maybe, its the only way to heal."

I nodded. "Thank you, Dr. Carson." I said standing up to shake his had.

"Anytime. I want to see you weekly okay." I nodded. "Alright. Make an appointment with the secretary on your way out."

I nodded. "See you next week."

{Brian POV}

I pulled into the parking spot next to the Pier down by the beach. I took a deep breath and walked out of my car and towards the Pier.

I could see Alex waiting there watching as people surfed from his sitting position on a rock. He was all about making his trades out in the open. He thought he'd be less of a suspect that way.

"Hey Brian." He said with out even turning around. "Saw the whole Abby thing." he snickered. "To bad, aye?"

I narrowed my eyes at the back of his head and clenched my fist. "Fuck you."

He laughed still not looking at me. "Do you have my money or should I go kill Abby....tell me Brian she's at Dr. Carson's office?" he said. "Am I right?"

How the fuck did he know?

He tapped his head. "I don't like being fucked with Mr. Gates, that's why I know everything."
I raised my fist up at him wanting to take a swing. "I wouldn't if I were you Mr. Gates." He snapped his fingers. "You'd be dead like that."

I slowly pulled my arm down and threw his money on the rock next to him. "There's your fucking money." I spat. "Stay the fuck away from my family."

He nodded and picked up his money fanning through it. "Good Man." he said as he hopped of the rock. He turned and looked at me, smirking. "Pleasure doing business with you." He said as he walked away.

I turned around and watched at his big black body became nothing more than a black speck.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT PLEASE{/b]