‹ Prequel: Fake Boyfriend

I'd Do Anything For A Smile

Pretending I Don't Notice That You're Gone...

{Abby's POV}

"Abby?"

I looked up from Emily and was met with Brian. He looked the same except his hair was shorter, but he still look perfect as ever.

"Hey Brian."

"Daddy!" Emily squealed an ran into his legs hugging them.

He knelt down to her height and looked her over. He kept looking at me, probably to make sure I was really there.

"Mommy!" she squealed again and looked at me. "You got me daddy for my birthday!"

"I'm I'm" he stuttered as he looked at me.

"Yeah." I said softly., answering both questions.

"Whats your name?" he asked her.

"Emily Briar Haner."

He hugged her tightly before he pulled away and kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry." he whispered and looked at me.

I was on the verge of tears as i watched him with Emily. he stood up and I let them fall as he walked to the door.

"Brian don't leave." I cried for him to stay. He needed to stay, Emily needed him to stay for her. I needed him to stay for me.

He looked back at me. "I'm sorry...I cant.....I cant do this." he said before walked out the door.

I stared at the door in complete shock. I kept seeing him shut the door over and over again in my head.

"Abby." I heard Tia say. I turned from the door and looked at everyone as they watched me.

"This was a mistake." I said and picked Emily up in my arms.

"Abby, no its not." Zack said. He walked into the room and patted my shoulder. "hes just shocked please stay. I'll be right back with him."

I nodded knowing no one would let me leave before he came back. Zack left the house after Brian.

"Mommy?" Emily asked as I sat her back down. When I got a good look at her face I could she the sadness and confusion in her chocolate eyes.

"Yes baby?"

She wiped some of my tears and kissed my cheek. I heard awe's come from people around the room. "Why doesn't daddy love us?"

My heart sank with the question. It was the one question I didn't know the answer to. How do you tell your child their parent doesn't love them? Or tell them why they just walked away from them.

"Did I do something bad?" she asked looking at everyone else when I didn't answer her question.

"Not at all princess." Johnny said as he picked her up and sat on the couch with her on his lap.

"I'm a rock star not a princess!" she exclaimed causing everyone to giggle.

"Well then rock star." Johnny giggle and tickled her twice. "Your daddy loves you, he's just being dumb right now."

"Oh." she said sadly before she looked back at Johnny with a smile. "Who are you?"

"I'm your uncle Johnny." he said and gave her a kiss on the check. "And that is my girlfriend and your Auntie Lacey. Then there's Uncle Mattie." he snickered as Matt groaned at the nickname. "and Auntie Val, the really tall scary one is Uncle Jimmy and then auntie Leana."

Emily smiled at everyone and looked back over me with a frown. She climbed out of Johnny's lap and pulled on my pants leg.

"What is it sweetie?" I asked looking down at her.

"No more cry." she stated with a little pout.

I laughed with everyone else and nodded my head. "No more cry."

She giggled and ran back to Johnny. "Uncle Johnny I like you! Your my height!"

Everyone laughed at the little four year but stopped as the door opened and Zack walked in with a weak smile and Brian looking at the ground as he walked.

Brian walked over to me and looked up at me. "Can we talk please."

I nodded as Emily came over and glared at Brian. "mommy no!"

"Emily, daddy just wants to talk." I said and bent down to her level. "I'll be right back."

She nodded but looked up at Brian. "Don't make her cry anymore or ill...ill be very very mad!" she huffed.

Zack laughed. "Just like your mommy. Do you want some cake Emily?" he asked.

"Yes!" she giggled. "Come on Johnny" she said pulling on his arm as everyone left the room towards the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
cOMMENT pLEASE!

ILL HAVE THEY TALK POSTED SOON!

Image