‹ Prequel: Home Is in Her Arms

This Is How I Disappear

Chapter 6

“Goodnight Ray,” I told him as I smiled up at him. It killed me that I was not able to get into his mind. I never knew what the man was thinking or what he was about to do. I went from knowing what everyone in the room was thinking to just one person and not knowing what he was going to do. It was driving me nuts just sitting there and trying to figure him out. I closed the door and rested my back against it. It also killed me that I was lying to him, to everyone. I slowly ran my fingers through my hair and softly heard the yelling in the other room. It was soft enough to be heard through the wall, which means they were at each other’s throats. It was the yelling I had caused. I felt bad that I was feeding Analisa the fears she felt and the unwanted truth about her husband, but it was my life on the line here.

I sighed softly looking towards the window knowing that I would be silently sneaking out. I walked over towards the dresser and reached in for a pair of pants. I slide them up my legs and reached for a tight black shirt. I took off the dress completely and placed the shirt on. I quietly walked towards the window and opened it. I looked out of my window and it was pitch black. But I was not afraid; I knew the way and who was waiting for me out there. I climbed out of the window, without making any noise so Bob would not hear me. I jumped out knowing that I would land quietly on the ground. I did not move right away, but once I gathered up enough courage, I started to walk gracefully across the castle grounds.

I walked across the open field and over the old wooden fence. Before entering the woods, I looked back at the well light castle and knew that I was going to destroy this family, and that was tearing me apart. Either die or do what is asked of me. I sighed heavily before continue to walk through the woods. I carefully maneuvered over tree limbs, branches and twigs, making sure I did not break a single one. It was cold outside, but I could not feel the frigid weather on my skin. I pushed my hair out of my face and bit my lip, waiting in the spot he told me to be at. I looked around the dark forest, which was clearly far enough away from the castle that Bob could not hear me. I knew Ray could not read my mind and that was the only things I was worried about. I knew the girls were not too fond of me, so I don’t have to worry about them finding out what I was up to. Suddenly I heard a twig snap behind me and I turned around quickly, but all I saw was darkness. I did not see a figure or anything that resemble a figure. I felt my fangs side out in a defensive mode, “Relax dear Andy. It is only me.”

I turned around and saw the man I was waiting for, the one I was doing his dirty work for. It was Charles, in all his glory standing in front of me. I breathed deeply, relaxing my fangs to normal. He smiled as he patted my head and smiled happily at me, “I trust you bring me good news?”

“Yes I have Charles,” I whispered and felt my whole body go numb. I was about to betray the people that were nice to me and took care of me. All but one, Analisa, and she was not much of my concern since I was to break the relationship. I rested my hands to my side and looked up at him, “I have started the ending of the newlyweds, hoping to weaken the bond between them. I have also learned everyone’s powers and the one you were looking so hard for. It was right under your nose the whole time. “

“See, I knew I picked you for a reason, you can get anything done my darling,” he said and rested his hands on my shoulders. It sent chills down my spine and I looked to the ground in disgust. I never felt this low in my life, but it was the only way I was going to survive.

Image

“Humph!” I heard coming from behind the door. I looked at it carefully, it was a guest room, and no one was really staying here. No one but Andy, she was the only one who would be staying in there. I looked at the door curiously, wondering if I should check out the noise or continue to my room. I knew I should go back into my room, but there was something about Andy that I did not like. I was about to knock on the door when I heard another one open. I looked down the hallway and saw that it was Cay, “What was that?”

I shrugged and pointed towards the door. She gave me a confused look as she walked more into the hallway. She only rolled her eyes once she realized what I was talking about,” Just get to bed Analisa,” she told me before she walked back into my room. I sigh and shook my head as I turned away from the door. I would for this one night, push my feelings about Andy away. I headed back towards my door and bite my lip as I slowly twisted the handle. I did not know what to expect once I opened that door. Was Gerard going to be sitting there waiting for me? Would he be pacing back and forth in the room? Would he even be in there? I took a deep breath and pushed the door open and what I saw was the last thing I expected. Gerard was soundly asleep on the bed. He was facing the other way and I was careful enough not to let in that much light. I closed the door and just stood there watching him. He just laid there and did not move when I entered the room.

I walked over towards the bed and stood on the opposite side of him. I saw that his eyes were closed and he had a sad expression on his face. It was hurting me that I had over acted and hurt him in the process. I bite my lip as I slide onto the bed carefully and just stared at him. I couldn’t believe that I cared so much about him. It was weird for me, and it scared me to death. That even the tiniest bit of jealously pushed me over the edge. It killed me that I was feeling strongly for this one man. I sigh as I pull back the covers and side in slowly not wanting to disturb him.

I laid there, looking at his facial features and really taking notice him. I saw how soft his lips were and how they just popped against his pale skin. I pushed the small piece of hair out of his face and tucked it behind his ear. I wanted so badly to wake him up and tell him just how sorry I really was. I wanted to tell him everything I was feeling and everything that he meant to me. I sighed knowing that I could not do it, and just laid there, wondering what was going to happen to us now. Would he forgive me? Would he talk to me again? I felt my eyes start to tear up, fearing the worst. I knew in my heart, that I could never live without Gerard, he was my everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
i updated for cay, who is by far the most RAWRGASMIC girl i know!!