Two Identical Mistakes

Chapter Ten

Second update today as of November 9th!

Gerard POV

I think I took Kira by surprise at my offer- hell, I surprised myself! What was done was done and I was going off to meet with a lawyer for custody things in a few days. Okay, sitting for an hour, talking to people, signing stuff, legal matters, all that was just fine. It was the fact that I would have to do all this with Kira that freaked me out. Gulp.

Slowly, I walked back into the girls’ hotel room to find them lying asleep with depressed expressions carved onto the faces. I wanted to shake them both awake and tell them what had just happened and that they were okay now. All I could do, though, was tuck a blanket in around them and turn off the light when I left.

With a tiny smile, I crept back into my room to find both Frank and Mikey fast asleep with the lights still on. They had probably been up waiting for me to come home so they could pester me for information, but the pull of sleep was stronger then their need for details. Thankfully, I was able to slip into bed next to Mikey (damn hotel rooms with only two beds. Weren't rock stars supposed to get top floor suites?) and switch off the lamp without waking him or Frank.

I was dead asleep almost the minute my head hit the pillow, it had been a long night. It had been a long night before I talked to Kira, and all that heartbreak just made it even harder. Soon I would go off to get custody of my twin daughters I never knew I had, I was about to meet up with my ex-girlfriend from thirteen years ago, I had to tell my band mates that I had children, I was going to have to deal with the press and public, and... Oh god, I was going to be a father!

Corrym POV

The sunlight poured in through the cheap hotel curtains, blinding me awake. I sat up groggily, not quite knowing where I was... then I remembered I was in Ohio with My Chemical Romance on three sides of me. Oh, and my mom was broke, and my life was ruined. I couldn't decide whether the good outweighed the bad or not. Maybe the good won out over the bad while it lasted? Surely I could savor the last hours of this amazing dream.

I pushed off the covers, which I never remembered putting over myself, rolled over Kanya onto the icky green carpet, and dragged myself into the bathroom. I stared at myself in the mirror and almost gasped at the face staring back at me- it was tear-streaked with my eyes red and swollen to the highest degree. With an attempt at staying with my original savor-the-moment-plan, I scrubbed my face with cold water and combed out my hair so one half wasn't flatter then the other anymore.

"Corrym?" I heard the sleepy voice that sounded identical to mine approach the door, "I've decided that we need to be happy for these last few hours. We're with My Chemical Romance, we never asked for anything more then this... so let's live it while we can,"

I smirked and fluffed my hair in the back, "We really are twins, Kanya. I was thinking that same thing,"

We both laughed quietly and I left the bathroom to Kanya as I changed. Kanya and I had this slight problem with over-packing; I got to choose from three more outfits that I hadn't worn yet. I decided on a zebra print skirt with black ruffles sticking out of the bottom and a red tank-top with one black mesh arm sock and one red.

By the time Kanya emerged from the bathroom, I had made the decision that I didn't feel like straightening my hair today... it was straight enough. Simply on autopilot like we had been for the last thirteen years, Kanya began to put on the same outfit I had chosen until we remembered everyone's inability to tell us apart. That’s when Kanya came up with her amazing idea. Soon she was in the same outfit as me, but she didn't wear the red arm sock. She tugged the black one I had been wearing off and handed me the other red one. Now I saw where she was going with this! It was a brilliant idea, matching yet not! So I was red arm socks and she was black arm-socks! Hehe.

Then suddenly my phone began to ring from across the room. I nearly died tripping over my suitcase to answer it.

"’Ello?" I asked in a mostly cheer-full voice.

"Hey Corrym, are you feeling okay?" I heard the hesitant voice of Gerard on the other end of the line and smiled.

"Yeah, Kanya and me are both okay now, we're not going to dwell on it at the moment," I explained sinking down onto my bed.

"Well that's good, I'm glad," Gerard said as Kanya came over and took me into a headlock to do my eye liner, "I'm sorry to say though that you might want to start getting up now,"

It just occurred to me that maybe I should have checked the time when I woke up? I glanced over Kanya's hand to the clock on our nightstand and saw the numbers said 9:48 AM.

"Oh... uh, right!" I laughed at myself and my slight thinking deficit.

"So I'll come get you two around ten thirty... ish. Is that cool?" he asked.

"Yeah, that's perfectly fine! I'll see you then," I squeaked, slightly un-naturally... but only slightly.

No matter how many times I had seen the boys in the past two days, the thought of seeing them again made me have a slight fan-girl attack. They were so cool, and so different in person then how I had imagined them!

"Okay, see you then. Bye!" he replied and then we hung up.

"So how much time do we have until we have to be ready to go?" Kanya asked, standing up and looking to make sure my make-up was even.

"Oh... we got up a little too early so we have until ten thirty," I smiled, taking the eye pencil from Kanya's hand and pulling her onto the bed so I could put her in a head-lock of my own.

We laughed at ourselves briefly before I shut her up so I could put her make-up on. We ended up killing the time by packing, a.k.a shoving our belongings roughly into our bags, and then thinking of how to say good-bye to the boys without sounding too depressed or crazy-fan-like. We decided that whatever comes out comes out and that's what we'd have to live with.

Eventually ten thirty came and Gerard came to collect us. Each of us took one last sweep around the room to make sure we didn't leave anything behind and then let Gerard take us out into the hall.

Tired look band members and tech crews stood in a scattered group around my door all smiling briefly at us once we had come into sight.

“You guys ready to go?” Brain asked as everyone began to drag themselves into motion.

"You guys go ahead, I'll be there in like two seconds," Gerard told the boys, placing a hand lightly on each of our shoulders telling us that we were to stay behind.

"Bondage! It's not cool Gerard!" Frank called over his shoulder before following the rest of the crew.

Ray shot us one questioning look, wondering what more had happened, before going with the rest of the boys.

"Ok, so I need to ask... how much room do you need to live in?" he asked once the others were out of earshot.

"Uuuhh... not much? As long as we can stretch one arm out and not stab each other with out nails then were ok..." I answered for us, wishing Gerard wouldn’t make us talk about the most depressing subject we could think of right now: foster care.

"Yeah, I just kinda needed to know cause I have partial say on where you end up,” he added quickly, then dragged his hand through his hair, "would you mind living with other guys?"

"No not really, I mean, we wouldn't let them do anything to us. We can protect ourselves... and we’re not like that," Kanya answered biting back the tears I knew she had... just the words 'foster care' dug out our eyes with forks.

"Oh, well what if you had to share one bathroom with these guys?" Gerard asked staring at the floor and shuffling his feet from side-to-side.

"Uhh... that's fine too, as long as they put the seat down..." The tears I had to blink away destroyed my weak attempt at humor.

"Well... what if these people traveled a lot?" he asked again, he still wouldn't look at us though.

"That's ok too. I've always wanted to get out of the state..." Kanya nodded, her voice cracked and I told myself to be stronger, this was starting to suck.

"Well..." Gerard stuttered over his own breath and then finally met our eyes, "What if you had to live with a band called My Chemical Romance?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahahahaha I think I must be on caffine high or lack of sleep!
Ok... I know I'm not on lack of sleep because when I don't sleep, I make up words like proCUPCAKESblems. So I think for some reason, I'm able to update this quickly because... I have no idea. Ahahahaha
All my readers mean the world to me!