Two Identical Mistakes

Chapter Thirteen

Gerard POV

The next two weeks of tour zipped past us in a blur. We played shows (really good ones!), played 'spot Corretta and Merri in the crowd', ended the show with some hidden message that I was going to be a dad, got back on the bus, slept for a few minutes, and then did it all over again.

Then finally, it was time for me and Frank to take a break from our non-stop schedule. We were both decked out in formal wear (something rather rare for us) and waiting for our plane to Michigan. I wasn't really sure what state we were about to leave to go there though... this constant traveling messes you up sometimes. By the time the court thing was over, we would be back on a plane just in time for our show tomorrow. Convenient that the courts date had been placed in the single spot we almost had enough time to do this, eh? I think Kira had subconsciously planned this all out ahead of time.

"I wonder what Kira's going to be like? Will she be a chipper idiot like I remember her or..." I cut my rambling off short not wanting to finish the un-welcome memory.

It took years to get Kira to the way she had been before we broke up. Her friends and I (Zill, Mary and Erin)* had somehow seen something beneath her quiet and apathetic exterior. Years of calling her at four in the morning to make sure she was still breathing, years of showing up at her house and pulling her from her druggie mother, years of taking her out to do fun things like carnivals or comic conventions (all things she had never heard of before we showed them to her), years of teaching her to play guitar, until finally she became who we had all seen from day one. Crazy spaz that was easy to have fun with and love. I loved her a little more though.

"What? Tell me," Frank demanded turning in his seat to face me.

"Oh... I just hope that she isn't shy or quiet when we meet up with her. She used to be like all the time, until me and her old friends came along," I whispered, so quietly that maybe he didn't hear it.

"Well I'll become super spastic stage Frank if she does," he stated, I guess he has good hearing (surprising since every single day he goes through two and a half hours of really loud music).

We sat uncomfortably in our suits until finally; we were allowed to board our plane. So far, no fans had noticed us… it had to be the strange clothes. We showed our tickets to the attendant lady and found our seats thankfully with no trouble. Far too soon, the engine started and I braced myself for take off... I hated flying. Frank had the window seat and I really didn't mind, I couldn’t bear looking out and seeing how high up we were.

"So when we see Kira... do I hold a grudge or am I friendly and cheery?" Frank asked as the plane rolled into motion.

"Either one, Frank," I hissed gripping the arm rests of my seat and squeezing my eyes shut.

Frank giggled next to me and shook me by the shoulder, "Chill out Gee,"

I opened my eyes and made myself laugh, it was funny how an adult was freaking out over flying as badly as I was. The plane began to speed down the run-way and I tried not to think about how we were leaving the ground. Once we had reached our maximum height, I forced myself to go to sleep and told Frank not to wake me up until we were safely on the ground again. He nodded slowly to me and it seemed as if he drifted off to sleep as well.

Kira POV

I was pacing back and forth in front of the lawyer office, no one had any idea how fucking nervous I was; I was about to see Gerard again.

"Hey Kira!" suddenly I heard someone call from across the parking lot.

I turned around to see one of the band members, Frank I think, waving at me as he and a horrified looking Gerard approached.

"Hi," I squeaked planting my feet into a stronger stance.

"I'm Frank, we met once before for like five seconds," he smiled to me holding out his hand for me to shake.

"Oh yeah, I remember now," I smiled, shaking his hand while thinking of the time I picked the girls up from the MCR show… drunk.

"Hello," Gerard smiled weakly at me, and I melted on the inside.

All the ice I had been building up over the years just melted when I saw him and I knew I wasn't going to get through this alive.

"Hi," I whispered dropping my gaze to my suddenly interesting high heels.

Crap! There’s scuff marks on the toes! Grr… please don’t let them look down, please don’t look down…

"So... maybe we should get this going?" Frank suggested in an effort to avoid an awkward silence.

I quickly agreed and we all walked absently into the office, with only Frank's chipper mood to keep us sane.

"Oh, I love your belt," Frank smiled and I quickly glanced down to try and remember what a belt even was.

Oh no! I had changed my top into a blouse and bodice (the only slightly formal thing I owned) and never got around to changing out of my black jeans! It matched so I could live with it, but the belt! It was not formal in any way what-so-ever for it was studded and dripping with chains. I even could have just lived with the fact that it was the only non-formal thing on me... if Gerard hadn't bought it for me for my 15th birthday.

I think the world hated me because just as Frank said something, Gerard glanced down on impulse and a look of terror spread across his face. Then suddenly, his terror turned into a shocking smile. Our eyes met and his were laughing, I couldn't help but smile right back at him. Oh we were both so nervous we didn’t realize how stupid we must be acting right now!

"Oh... thanks, Frank," I grinned, leaving out the part about the Gerard giving it to me.

We stood in the waiting room for only a few moments before we were greeted and taken into the lawyer’s office. It was so boring... at first! Soon the three of us got bored and began to act like junior high children. We threw little mints from the desk at each other when Mr. Lawyer looked away, we didn’t pay attention to hardly anything he said, and eventually we resorted to confusing him with words, until finally he understood all we wanted was for a custody change. Nothing fancy, just that. We were irritably dismissed by a lawyer who was suddenly looking ten years older.

Scampering out into the parking lot laughing, our cold moods were relived and the three of us were all having a hell of a good time. I was finding out more and more how much I liked Frank... and how similar we were! Gerard was a different story. I tried not to look at him but when I did, there was surprisingly no hatred or awkwardness! There was just a simple laugh or smile between us and then Frank would do or say something to make me look at him again. That guy was so cool!

"Ok, well we have a plane to catch in about... five hours. Wanna hang out until then?" Frank suggested me and Gerard both flinched internally but couldn’t really bring ourselves to just walk away.

"Yeah! I can show you guys all the funs stuff to do around here!" I offered, loving the idea of partying with Frank... not so much Gerard but eh, it wouldn’t be that bad.

"Look out world! Here comes us!" Gerard laughed leaping into his and Frank's car, Frank hopped in the driver’s seat and I popped into the back.

"Ok, wudda want to do first?" I asked propping myself on the arm rest in between the two boys.

"Well... I want chocolate. I have no idea why…" Frank declared turning the key and stopping on the gas.

We peeled out of the parking lot and into the street, passing other cars without a thought. Wow... Frank drove like me to!

"Well then I suggest we head to the huge ass candy emporium on the end of the street... it’s so big I got lost in it once," I giggled pointing up ahead at the massive building.

"Oh yeah! I remember this place!" Gerard smiled as we neared it, "remember Frank? We stopped her one time when we were in Michigan! Ray saw it and we sent Worm in to get Jelly Beans!"

"Oh! Yeah I do!" Frank exclaimed as we pulled into the parking lot.

Still locked in our childish moment (god we were fucking 30-odd years old!), we rushed out of the car almost before it was parked and dashed into the candy store. We got some funny looks from boring adults with kids… they probably thought we should act more our age (and maybe I should dress my age! Not like a mid-evil punk child!).

"Oh... holy shit," Frank breathed looking around at the warehouse stocked full of candy. It seemed endless.

Rows and rows of sugary joy stretched out ahead of us with no sign of stopping, every little bit of candy you could think of was placed somewhere inside this giant wonder.

"Ok, let's do this!" I declared with a spastic giggle thrown in at the end.

We charged.

Between candy utopia, roller coasters, bars (though all we did there was watch drunken karaoke while me and Frank each had a shot), and grocery stores (those are easier to have fun in then you would think), I barely got the boys back to the air port in time.

"Well, it was really fun hanging out with you! When you’re not so busy we should do it again," I told Frank as we hugged in front of their planes gate.

"Totally, come to one of the shows or something!" Frank offered, I don’t think Gerard was listening or he would have started looking around awkwardly.

"Well, thanks for flying out here on like, zero notice. I'm glad it’s all sorted out now though!" I smiled to Gerard then, pulling away from Frank.

"Yeah, it was fun... and the girls are better off now too," Gerard smiled.... then we both stood there half leaning towards each other and half holding our hands out.

We decided on a simple hand shake after a little longer then normal and both of them walked away… walked away back to the life I wish I could follow them into. I smiled as I watched Gerard jam his sun glasses onto his face and walk with the same awkward stride he always had until he disappeared from sight.

I couldn’t believe it… I had survived!
♠ ♠ ♠
*I love you guys lots! Thankies so much for reading, commenting, and subscribing to my story. ♥♥♥

So this chapter... was amsuing to write hehe. It seemed better in my head then it came out but I still enjoy it for some reason. So this chapter is deadicated to Gerard Way, Lindsey Way, and Mini Way who is comming in Spring of 2009! I'm so happy and so excited to the point where it gets kinda weird. I really shouldn't be this happy but I'm like about to throw a party or something! I can't get over it! Eeeh!

Ok, so I think when the baby is born, I'm going to delete this story because thats just a little disrespectfull in my opinion. I'm not positive yet though, but it's possible.

I love everyone whos taken the time to read this far! Your amazing and some of the coolest people on this earth!
♥♥♥