Two Identical Mistakes

Chapter Sixteen

Kanya POV

After Corrym and me had finished our super happy arrival, Gerard and Lindsey led us up the stairs to a circular courtyard looking place. It was simply a big, empty room with blue tinted glass instead of a ceiling. The only things in this room besides the stonewalls were the three doors, all of them looking a bit like they came from mid-evil times. Gerard really knew how to diversify! Victorian room, modern room, what was next?

“This one is me and Gerard’s wing of the house with our bedroom and stuff, feel free to come in whenever,” Lindsey pointed to the door on the farthest right.

“The one next to it is the bathroom. There’s bathroom’s in both of our bedroom wings but the one in the middle is cooler. We had a hot tub put in there too,” Gerard smiled as he neared the last door.

“Now this one will be yours. Though it’s a little messy in some parts, sorry. We tried to clean it free of all our junk but there was just so much!” Lindsey admitted with a bright little laugh.

“Oh that’s fine! We can work with whatever you give us. This house is just super amazing… I absolutely love it!” Corrym beamed shifting her suitcase in her hand.

Gerard pushed the handle on the door down and it swing open. It was a lot lighter then it looked, the wonderful magic of carpenters these days. As the door moved from our way, we could see a window-less hall, which was light only by some basic wall lamps. There were two three doors, one on right wall, one on the left wall, and a set of double doors at the very end of the hall.

“Come my dears, your room awaits thee,” Gerard motioned, having a sudden urge to speak in a British accent.

He let Lindsey go first to lead the two of us down to the cherry-wood double doors. Flicking the handles, the doors flew open to reveal a large bright room. Eagerly she hurried us inside… and I couldn’t believe what I saw.

Dark wood bookshelves that were stuffed with books and graphic novels lined two opposite walls. They were so tall that sliding library ladders that were about four times my height were against the books. The other two walls were painted a simple white, nothing was on them. The two (damnit, Corrym wins this time… maybe) queen sized beds on the far right wall were dressed in simple white bedclothes which matched the walls. On the same wall as the main entrance, there were two sliding doors. I was guessing they were closets.

There was a large black curtain on the back wall, most likely covering a window. It was as tall as the room itself and the room seemed to be about two stories high… there was no way I was ever going to go to the top of those library ladders if that was the case. I wasn’t too fond of heights.

No matter how spectacular the books were, or how big the curtain was, nothing was better then the towering angled ceiling. You’d guess it would be white to go with the walls, that couldn’t be any more the opposite; It was painted as a giant comic book. A single picture that spread from one corner to the other that told a story in the perfect comic art that I recognized as Gerard and Gabriele’s. (After reading a lot of Umbrella Academy and looking at a lot of Gerard’s artwork, you sorta started to recognize it.)

“Oh my…” I breathed, dropping my suitcases with an accidental thunk.

I tore my eyes away from the art to see Corrym gaping up at the ceiling, just as awe struck as ever.

“So do you like it?” Gerard asked, coming up behind the two of us,” sorry about all the books and the boring décor. I never thought we would really use this place for much, so Lindsey let me and Gabriele paint the ceiling. I hope you don’t mind…”

“It’s the most amazing room that I have ever laid my eyes on,” Corrym declared, pulling herself away from the dazzling ceiling to look at Gerard.

“Yes! Between the tall ceilings, bookshelves, it’s just pure amazing! Your house is amazing!” I gushed to him, I simply couldn’t believe it! I didn’t know a house could be this cool!

“Well I’m glad that you like it so much! I hate to admit it, but I really like the ceiling as well,” Lindsey grinned sliding over to Gerard to shoulder-hug him.

“We really get to live in here?” Corrym asked, who now was back to looking at the art on the ceiling.

“Yeah! And your not just trapped in here, the entire house is yours as much as ours,” Gerard assured her… when he said that it made me ‘squee’.

“What the hell was that?” Corrym asked, looking at me with a peculiar smile.

“You know… I’m not to sure!” I laughed; Gerard and Lindsey were snickering at me too.

Once everyone had finished laughing at me, Gerard and Lindsey left us to settle into our new rooms. As they left, they informed us that the door on the right of the hallway was a bathroom and the one on the left of the hall was an entirely random room with a TV and some chairs in it.

They closed our double doors behind them and we heard their feet tap away out of our hall and back into the main area. The millisecond that they were out of earshot and possibly down the stairs again, Corrym and I turned away from the story-telling ceiling, endless bookshelves of amazing literature, giant windows, and cute little beds to look at each other.

“This is just…” she started.

“Right out of an fairy tale,” I finished for her, and then I grinned deviously, “To a new life?”

“To a new life,” she grinned back at me, just as deviously.

We counted to three in our heads and then screamed as loudly and hard as we possible could (weird little celebration thing we started a long time ago. Don’t ask.) Our lives were about to become better then we ever could have hoped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this chapter was reallly boring! This is the last of the boring chapters now. All the rest of them are just going to be random adventures of the girls (thats how the story was supposed to turn out originall). There still will be some kind of plot and things will happen in order, but yeah!

Getting started took way longer then it needed too... sorry!

No one knows how much I love my readers, commenters, and subscribers. You make a spaz really happy^^

All ma love ♥♥♥