Two Identical Mistakes

Chapter Two

Kanya POV

You know that feeling you get when you get punched in the face, but right before you feel the pain? That moment of cold shock where you forget everything except the fact that someone's fist is about to connect with your nose? That's the feeling I was floating in at the current moment, just staring at my mother thinking, 'Has she finally lost her fucking mind?'

"Yeah what ever mom," Corrym broke my funny feeling making me realize how far from the real world I had drifted, "I'm sure that the one and only great Gerard Way is out father. Now really mom, if you have something to tell us about our family then tell us... don't give us this bull shit,"

Corrym kinda hated to be tricked in any sort of the way, especially when it came to My Chemical Romance.

"Well what do you want me to tell you?!" my mom demanded almost as stubborn as Corrym herself... almost.

"Stop bullshitting me and tell me, is that mother fucker I escaped my dad or not?!" Corrym shrieked back causing both me and my mom to jump, but mom chased the feeling away as fast as it had come on.

"No, he's not!" my mom growled back attempting to be the mature one in the room.

"Then tell me who is... and if you say Gerard... I'm going to throw something at you," Corrym declared not actually meaning that but it added a nice dramatic touch.

"Alright, if he's your idol then do you remember the interview back from the beginning of MCR when Gerard had said that he had had one other girl friend before? They had been close but things in the end just didn't work out? He said it was about 13-ish year ago... in other words when he was 17. Remember when I told you how old I was when I had you guys? Remember how I said we stopped seeing each other then? 13-ish years ago? Think about it, you guys have your fathers hair and eyes... you can't deny that you've never noticed that."

Truthfully, Corrym and I had noticed that. We tried not to think about it though because we thought it was just our crazy, MCR-filled imagination.

"Yeah right wh-" Corrym started though I could see the stone certainty in her eyes dampen slightly.

"Goddamnit Corrym!" my mom yelled getting up and storming away.

Corrym and I glanced back and forth at each other for a moment then suddenly our mom was back with two papers in her hand.

"Look at these... then tell me what ever the fuck you want," my mom demanded thrusting one of the papers at Corrym and the other at me.

They were our birth certificates. I looked at the name at the top... Kanya Way. Since when had my last name been Way? I glanced further down the page until my eyes rested on the place of birth... New Jersey. We’d been outside of Michigan before?

Then I looked at the parents... Kira Lee Magee (my mother’s full name) that was right... but the father... Gerard Arthur Way. Was this really happening to us? Then I heard a loud 'thunk' a few feet away from me. I looked up startled to see Corrym laughing on the ground hysterically.

"My dad is Gerard Way!" she howled between bursts of screams and laughter... she had fucking gone insane.

"What did I tell you," my mom sighed sounding rather annoyed though I could see the smile on her face.

Wow...I really couldn't believe it...Gerard Way was out father!!

"Yeah Corr! Gerard fucking Way is our fucking father!" I shrieked leaping about nine feet in the air.

Corrym pulled herself off the floor and we both began running around each other laughing, screaming, smiling, and crying in pure joy of our new life changing turn of events.

Corrym POV

It took me and my sister nearly three hours to calm down enough for out mom to tell us the story of her and Gerard. Turns out that our mom and Gerard had been dating and were really close... really close. They thought they were being careful when they banged but it turns out they weren't as careful as they thought they were being. My mom was pregnant and she wanted to blame someone... so she instantly blamed Gee and refused to ever talk to him again. I really don't know how someone could deny Gerard Way for any reason but maybe that was just because I idolized him more then anyone could imagine.

"So does anyone in Gee's family know about us?" Kanya asked after we had a moment to take in what our crazy mother was telling us.

"Well I'm guessing that Gerard knows, I mean... think about it. I refused to talk to him after we fucked even after we were so close. He's not stupid," my mom shrugged, it seemed like rather logical.

"So when we go to the concert in two weeks... and Gerard is right there... are we going to be able to look at him the same?" I asked my sister more then my mom.

"Well I would hope not! I really don't want to think that you would sink so low and think that your father is sexy." Kanya pointed out... then I realized how dirty that was.

"Oh come on! Yes Gerard is talented and that's the main reason I love him but it cannot be denied that he is good looking! Even if he is my... dad," just saying that word and having it mean Gerard Way sent a shiver up my spine!

"Wait, there’s a concert?" my mom asked interrupting ourlittle debate idiocy.

"Yeah! It's going to be our fifth one, and we have mosh tickets!" I clapped, now realizing just how close it was to our big day.

"... righty then ..." my mom got this strange look on her face like she had a plot un-folding before her.

Mom’s plots were either amazing and never failed or were so stunningly awful that they usually ended with legal problems. We were really hoping for the first one.

Ray POV

Finally we had a quiet day on tour, driving across one state to the next where we would pick our tour life right back up again. I took advantage of this moment to check my emails... 43 new. I had just checked them two days ago! Yay. I sifted through the spam and emails from my family, finding nothing terribly interesting until my eyes landed on a name that I hadn't seen in 13 years... Kira Magee. I hurriedly glanced over the screen of my lap top and scanned the area for Gerard; he was no where in sight. Curiously I clicked on the email... I nearly had a heart attack at what I read.

Hi Ray, it’s Kira
We haven't talked in forever and if you’re still mad at me for hurting Gerard I'm really sorry but please, this is important. Don't delete it until you read it.

I glanced up again to check for Gerard, we were still clear.

None of you are retarded so you all probably know that I left Gerard because I was pregnant. Well it just turns out that I had twins... Corrym and Kanya. They’re 13 now and have recently moved back in with me. They were sent off to live with their step father when I could no longer afford to keep them with me. He’s kinda physco and found power when hurting my daughters.


My heart was just about stopped at this point and I checked for Gerard one more time, still no where in sight.

He had hurt them before but enough was enough and now their here with me. I don't know what I'm going to do with them though. Things haven’t changed much so I still can’t keep them, that means I don’t know what’ll happen to them… but I do know that they should meet their father. It's time. Both they and Gerard deserve it. You don't need to be the one to tell him, but it would really help if you could get Kanya and Corrym a chance to tell him themselves. Their going to the show on the 20th so that might be a good time.
Thank you so much for reading this.
Forever grateful, Kira.


I fell backwards in the couch and let out a long breath, Gerard was in fact a father. I had forgotten all about Kira and the problems that had come along with her until just now but it was serious. As much as I hated to admit it I also thought that Kira was right... Gerard needed to meet his daughters and know who they were as much as they needed to know who he was.

Against my better judgment, I clicked reply on the email and sent Kira two printable backstage passes along with a simple message

Your right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello once again!
Thanks to everyone that read my story, and to the people that commented it. You guys made my day!
Corrym and Kanya say thank you, too... and they promise that the story gets more exciting soon!
♥♥♥