When I'm With You

I'll Miss You

Shannon's P.O.V.

I awoke but needed to shield my eyes from the bright glare of the hospitals fluorescent lighting. Wait a minute? Hospital? Why am I at a hospital? I walked out of the room I was in. Everything before this moment is all a blur. I ponder what could have happened that landed me here. A nurse passes me looking at the clipboard in her hand. I didn't notice her at first till she passed when I looked up turning around.

"Hey!" I called out but she ignored me. Hmm must not have heard me I guess. I turned back around and kept walking sure enough another nurse was walking towards me.

"Excuse me," I asked politely when she was within ear shot. She didn't stop but kept walking. How rude I thought.

"Hey excuse me!" I said a bit louder. Still nothing. Well that weird. I kept walking fear washing over me. Why didn't they hear me? Could they not hear me? Or were they really just ignoring me? I looked over at a map of the hospital informing me where I am. I am currently in the emergency area. Why would I be here? What happened? What is going on? I became more and more frustrated as questions continued to fill my head. Several more nurses and doctors and even patients walked by me and each one did the exact same thing as the previous two. Completely ignored me. I was really starting to get pissed off now. I stopped walking and looked around at all the people around me. Patients in wheelchairs being briefed by the doctors. Nurses bustling past to go aid doctors in the emergency rooms along the hall.

"Will some one tell me what the hell is going on?" I screamed out hoping to get some reaction. Nothing absolutely no one looked up at me to question my outburst. Suddenly a stretcher ahead caught my attention. There was a doctor and nurse standing around it shaking their heads sadly talking in hushed whispers to each other. I walked towards them maybe to get some answers. As I drew closer I could hear their conversation.

"Poor thing didn't have a chance," the doctor sighed sadly.

"How did it happen?" the nurse asked.

"Car accident her and one other, her boyfriend," he replied.

"Is the boy dead too?" the nurse inquired. The doctor shook his head.

"No he is alive but we're afraid he might make it though," he replied.

"Where is he?" she asked.

"Emergency room 436 they are operating as we speak," he said before lowering the sheet on the body of the girl. They then walked right passed me as if I wasn't even there and thats when it it hit me. This overwhelming feeling of fear. Could it be? Was this person me? I stepped closer so I was standing beside the white clothed covered body. My hand was shaking as I reached out for it. I gasped when I pulled it back and found myself staring at my own body. Pale as a ghost and dead eyes staring straight up at the ceiling. And thats when it came back to me. How this happened. The car accident.

"Ryan keep your eyes on the road silly!" I cried laughing as for the third time in 1 minute he looked at me. He just laughed and glanced back out at the road one hand on the steering wheel and the other clasping mine squeezing it gently just to feel me squeeze back.

"Sorry it's just your too damn beautiful to stop looking at!" he said laughing, looking back at me. I held his gaze for a moment this time enjoying his very presence till I was snapped from my thoughts by the glare of headlights. I turned and looked ahead of us to see a car driving on the wrong side of the road speeding right towards us.

"Shit Ryan look out!" I screamed. He let go of my hand and grasped the steering wheel tightly trying to swerve and miss it.


Well he did miss it. But the swerve was so tight the car flipped and rolled several times. I recovered my body with the sheet, stuck in an almost hypnotic trance as it all flooded back to me. Suddenly I recalled what the nurse and the doctor were saying. The boy.

"Emergency room 436 they are operating as we speak," the doctors voice echoed in my head. Ryan! I turned and walked back down the hall glancing up at the numbers until I found 436. I walked in to see doctors working frantically on my poor baby. He looked a mess. There was blood every where and his shirt had been cut so the doctors could work on him. Suddenly there was a cry. His monitor flat lined. No! No he can't die! I panicked as I watched them pull out the defibrillator and rub them together before zapping him. Nothing. Still the dull monotone sound of the flat line that was all to haunting. They zapped him again. Still nothing. I was shocked when they called it quits. What? They can't do that! They need to help him! I stepped forward so I was standing beside him. I felt cold tears fill my eyes. I lifted his hand and held it. It was still warm and seemed almost hot against my cold ones. I wrapped my hand over his wrist as I held it against me praying hard that he would come back. That he wouldn't die. And suddenly just like that his eyes fluttered open for a brief moment. The monitor sprung to life with the gentle beeps signifying he was alive. I smiled as I gently placed his hand down back beside him.

Saw you walk in to the room,
Thought I'd try to talk to you
Babe, am I ever glad you wanted me to
It's been two years to the day
half the time I've been away
I know I'm not there enough,
but that's gonna change
'cause I'm coming back
to show you that
I'm keeping the promise I made


I walked back out into the hall smiling lightly to myself. I may be dead but he is alive. And right now thats all I could ever ask for. I'll see you again Ryan. We will be together again. I love you Ryan.

When I'm with you
I'll make every second count
'cause I miss you whenever you're not around
when I kiss you
I still get butterflies
years from now,
I'll make every second count
when I'm with you


I'll miss you.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you guys like it. comments would be absolutely fantastic! :)