Afraid To Know What Lies Behind The Stare

09

I jumped, startled.

"Damien! Don't do that!"

He just smirks.

Sigh. Let's just get this over with.

"What's your first period?"

"Physics."

"Oh, so you're smart and an ass, too," I blurt out. I have a tendency to think out loud sometimes, which gets me into trouble quite a lot.

He glares at me.

"Ooh, I'm so scared! I'm shaking in my Chucks!"

He leans in front of me and says, "You should be," in a really low, creepy voice.

"Why should I?"I ask with a defiant raise of my chin.

He gives me a smirk and glare combo. "Because one of your loved ones might end up...," dramatic pause, "dead."

I brush the comment off and say, "Oh, really? And how would you know that?"

"The same way I know who murdered Mr. Franklin."

My eyes widen, and my heart stops. He seems to hear it and says, "Scared?" in a knowing and evil tone.

During this whole verbal exchange of sorts, we drifted closer and closer. So close, that if I moved any part of my body the slightest centimeter we would be touching.

You want to know the weirdest part? He had no body heat.

Holy shit! This kid really is a vampire!

I start to back away in my panic.

Come on, Christie. Be rational, the sensible part of my brain says.

I don't want to fucking be rational! This kid's a fucking murderous creature of the night, goddamnit!

Just tell him your dream.

What good would that do?!

Just do it. Trust me.

Fine. I'll tell Crevice (haha!) my dream.

During my mental exchange, Damien matched every backwards step of mine with a forward one of his own. Smirking at me with malicious intent sparking in his eyes all the while.

"Um, Damien?" I ask, very nervous.

"Yes, Christie?"I swear, that voice will give me nightmares.

"I had a dream last night. A-about you."

"Already dreaming about that, huh?"

"It wasn't that kind of dream."

"Then what kind was it, then?"

I took a deep, deep breath and said,"The kind where you killed Mr. Franklin."

My voice had lessened to a high-pitched squeel, and my body had curled into a ball, my back against the wall.

His eyes flash red. He zooms right in front of my face and grabs my chin, making me look straight into his crimson eyes.

"Don't tell anyone about that dream. Do you hear me?"

"Ye-yes."

"Aren't you wondering if it was true?"

"Uh huh."

His lips cut across his face to form a malicious smile as he said,"Yes. It is. He was so very tasty."