Afraid To Know What Lies Behind The Stare

11

This is insane.
First, we get a new kid at my school. Which was odd, because I was the last person to move here in three years.Then this inhumanely hott (the extra 't' means a lot) guy is a jerk to me, putting me in a funk all day. Then,I find out the asshole from that morning was the new kid, and he has a funny last name.I get sent to the p's office, blah blah blah, and I have to show him around for a few weeks. Then I get a prophetic dream about my neighbor's murder, which turns out to be true when Damien reveals the fact to me that he is, in fact, a vampire. And nowI have to show him around for an indefinate amount of time? Awkward.
Everything is moving way too fast for my liking.
Somebody get me off this crazy train!
I wishI could tell Elle. But, he'd kill me, no doubt about that.
"What you thinking about?" Speak of him and he shall appear.
"The fact that ifI tell anyone about you you'll kill me," I glumly reply.
No wisecracks, you ask? It's kinda hard being a smart-ass when you're walking around with an immortal killer. My self-preservation instincts are finally kicking in! I'm so stressed out.
"Absolutely right, darling," he wraps his arm around me yet again.
I stop walking.
"Why do you do that?"
"Do what?"
"Don't play dumb with me. You know exactly what you're doing."
"Correct. I always liked to play with my prey beforeI kill them," he whispers in my ear.
"Liked? You're going to kill me?! I'm next!?"
"Yes, eventually, and no."
"Specify." My life is in the balance. I want to know exactly what is going on in that sick mind of his.
"I'll kill you last. Maybe get some fun out of you," he says in an evil way.
I'm too shocked to say anything, let alone move.
And then I let it all out.
"HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I personally think this chapter sucks, but an author is most critical of their own work, so....